Eagles Forum Hall of Fame: 5th Class Announcement Thread: Congrats Jroc and Hockey

Phire

2017 Eagles 5th Class Hall of Fame
For the main HoF thread, click here.

Welcome to the announcement for the 5th class of the Eagles Forum Hall of Fame. 

We started the Eagles Forum Hall of Fame in order to enshrine and remember the great posters of the Eagles forum. Members are inducted in recognition of their outstanding, or memorable contributions to the Eagles forum.

ANNOUNCEMENT: There is one clear winner for the first inductee. But second place is a bit flubbered given the distribution of votes. But I think a second inductee is warranted this year, given the hiatus we had. Only one other poster received more than one first place vote, so that will be our second inductee. 

*** @Hockey5djh ***

eagles-cheerleader.gif

Even though He's part of the 08' class gotta give Hockey his due. His quick Wit, Constant Jabs and ability to contribute to a discussion with absolutely no content, would honestly be missed. His persistence in Fantasy Sports despite his failures in ever be Champ is inspiring. ?  I despise the man when it comes to Drafts because he's almost always picking either before or after my pick screwing up my drafts. That takes talent!  Seriously though Hockey is a cool dude and well deserving of this honor.

Long been a forefront member, but his relaxed nature sometimes doesn't get him recognized as much as it should. Brings a lot of knowledge and fun to the forum, and has for a long time. To me he's always been a mod without any responsibilities in the way he gets conversations and threads going. So much so that I hope he becomes a real one someday soon. Congrats Hockey, it's overdue.

Sorry I don't have any words but both are deserving.

Hockey is one of the most knowledgeable posters on the Eagles board. He conducts himself with a steady hand and treats other members with respect. He's a formidable debater and never makes things personal. Hockey is all about the Eagles and how much he cares about the team and the sport really shows. Great guy, great poster, and deserves to be in the HOF.

nigel-gif-13.gif

tenor.gif

OOE8CXP.gif

*** @Jroc04 ***

giphy.gif

The biggest honor on a discussion forum is having people listen and pay attention each and every time you post. Jroc is one of those guys. There's always something to learn when Jroc posts... whether about the Eagles, life, or how to treat people and be an awesome guy in general. I love him.

Without Jroc there is no me...at least not for awhile. He got me to come out of my shell and embrace the forum with a simple PM. 8/9ish years later I'm glad he did, and that I found the best community I've ever been part of online. All that aside...he's still a great poster. Adds commentary on everything, has long been a sturdy force on the forum. He takes a nice cool realistic approach that makes it hard to argue with and makes you see his point. This induction is well deserved, Congrats Jroc!

My first place vote goes for JRoc.

My reasoning behind the vote is that he's one of the most respected, likable, and funny posters on the board. I'd definitely tailgate at an Eagles game with him and get into a fight with Cowboys fans if it came down to it.

I nominate (vote?) for Jroc

Sorry I don't have any words but both are deserving. 

Long time member who has had a presence on the forum ever since I joined in 2012. Not one to make quick takes, and many times is the voice of reason in any given discussion. While contributing to a lot of football talk, he also knows when to joke around and can have some fun. Jroc is a veteran poster that embodies our forum and what it is all about, he's got my vote.

Jroc

funny-nigel-thornberry-gifs-squidward.gi

giphy.gif

miracle-at-new-meadowlands-o.gif

Archived