Eagles Forum Hall of Fame: 5th Class Announcement Thread: Congrats Jroc and Hockey

Phire

On 9/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, Phire said:

*** @Hockey5djh ***

willsmith-2.gif?itok=tgA2hZ0s

I'm a little disappointed I didn't check in on Friday because this would be much less of an acceptance speech and much more of a drunken mess as I was just double fisting some Jameo and Ginger at a wedding when this was announced. That said I guess true to form I'm generally not here on nights and weekends.  Who would have known that a google search for NFL draft news would have lead to a decade long membership to this place.

tumblr_mz4a9yhSCJ1r6319ao6_250.gif

I would first like to say kudos to @Jroc04, its an honor to join this HOF class with you. You're a great dude and constantly keeping the debates up in the forum with facts, knowledge, and opinions. I enjoyed ruining your dynasty in fantasy baseball, and I look forward to more debates with you in the future.

I'd like to thank all of you guys here that give me the ability to kill time during my work day. I can absolutely say that my football and eagles knowledge has grown tenfold for having joined these boards all the way back in 2008. I truly believe that If you think you know everything you don't know anything.

giphy.gif

I look forward to ripping apart everyones mock drafts, especially when they don't have pictures or a depth chart, debating with new posters on the ins and outs of the Eagles franchise, and generally just keeping the Forum going for others like me just searching for NFL Draft news. I'd be remiss if I didn't end it off the proper way.....with some Eagles cheerleaders.

dsc03537.jpg?_ga=2.48611686.1902147567.1casey3.jpg

On 9/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, Jroc04 said:
On 9/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Phire said:

@Jroc04 and @Hockey5djh...

you guys can have Phreak join as honorary member if you want. Your calls.

Standing next to Phreak in the HoF would be like Akers standing next to Reggie White. He's in if it's up to me. 

Agreed! I'd gladly accept Phreak into our class, I think he's more deserving than I am.

Was away all weekend, so I didn't even catch that there was a vote. But anyway, thanks for the nomination and congrats to @Jroc04 and @Hockey5djh, two of my favorite posters on the forum, well deserved.  J and I don't always see eye to eye on things, but he's an awesome dude and as knowledgeable as anyone on this board, also has questionable taste in strippers but that's neither here nor there.  Hockey is my fellow avid Flyers fan, a funny guy and knows his stuff on both sports. Two guys who's content I both really enjoy reading and who help make this forum enjoyable.  Congrats to you both! 

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Was away all weekend, so I didn't even catch that there was a vote. But anyway, thanks for the nomination and congrats to @Jroc04 and @Hockey5djh, two of my favorite posters on the forum, well deserved.  J and I don't always see eye to eye on things, but he's an awesome dude and as knowledgeable as anyone on this board, also has questionable taste in strippers but that's neither here nor there.  Hockey is my fellow avid Flyers fan, a funny guy and knows his stuff on both sports. Two guys who's content I both really enjoy reading and who help make this forum enjoyable.  Congrats to you both! 

When Smallwood becomes the starter over Blount @Jroc04 will see the light.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

When Smallwood becomes the starter over Blount @Jroc04 will see the light.

Well, at least we have a healthy goal line back rather than Mathews. That opinion won't change. Ya, smartalecs. 

Appreciate the words, @BLick12. Funny you mention me that way. Here was my message to Phire:

"Blick, who has been a mainstay for years always comes correct with content. Although he's been a thorn in my side recently, it's good to know I have someone that I can bounce ideas and thoughts off of and know that he'll give me an honest opinion and will back up those opinions with great insight and solid information. He's a true bleeding green Eagle fan and should have a place next to the rest of the HoF guys."

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, at least we have a healthy goal line back rather than Mathews. That opinion won't change. Ya, smartalecs. 

Appreciate the words, @BLick12. Funny you mention me that way. Here was my message to Phire:

"Blick, who has been a mainstay for years always comes correct with content. Although he's been a thorn in my side recently, it's good to know I have someone that I can bounce ideas and thoughts off of and know that he'll give me an honest opinion and will back up those opinions with great insight and solid information. He's a true bleeding green Eagle fan and should have a place next to the rest of the HoF guys."

Yep, there's always going to be arguments and differences in opinion, but as long as everybody respects that we're all here because we love the Birds and want to see them succeed, that's good enough for me.  I enjoy a healthy debate and of course you want to be on the right side of it, but that wont always be the case because in football there are too many variables, it's not a perfect science, and in some instances we're debating hypotheticals.  But J, you're one of the posters I respect no matter what your stance is and one that I'm happy to share a beer with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived