Seahawks sue Malik McDowell

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hope the ATV ride was worth going from a millionaire to asking whether you'd like to upgrade your combo to a large.

It would have to be a heck of a ride to give you enough brain damage you cant play a game notorious for giving people brain damage. 

The problem is 2-fold:

1.   They paid the bonus a while ago.

2.   McDowell's brain injury pretty much guarantees whatever wasn't spent by McDowell pre-injury is likely gone.  By cutting him before Aug. 31 last year, McDowell's medical coverage ended at that time.   In the US system, not hard to see the $ disappear for a chronic problem like that.

There's zero argument that McDowell shouldn't have been on an ATV, the CBA stipulates hazardous activities.  The problem is optic-wise that the money's long gone.  To go after him now, it seems like there's zero chance they are getting that $.   Now, if somehow this gives them cap relief even if he doesn't pay it back, OK.  Otherwise, man, I dunno.    

I have zero sympathy for McDowell, but this isn't being done with a realistic shot to get the $ back.   As such, unless there's some form of cap relief they get anyways by doing this (in which case it's totally understandable), it just seems petty on SEA's part.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why does this seem like the most Seahawks thing ever?

Is it though? I mean for the most part the organization has been a contender for a while now

I expect these type of shenanigans from my team and a few others but not so much Seattle. They wouldn't be in my Top-10

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832