New Packers HC Tears Achilles

HTTRDynasty

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He had to make a sacrifice to ensure the health of our players this year.  A sacrifice McCarthy wasn't willing to make. 

I take issue with this. When you have the number of chins McCarthy had (has? will always have?), it is clear he sacrificed his health consistently.

• Like 1

This team just won't learn.  First, they go from the most durable quarterback of all time to one who is made of paper mache.  Then they get rid of a head coach who was always so fit and durable that he never missed a game and replace him with a guy who can't even stay healthy until the start of training camp.  :P

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

This team just won't learn.  First, they go from the most durable quarterback of all time to one who is made of paper mache.  Then they get rid of a head coach who was always so fit and durable that he never missed a game and replace him with a guy who can't even stay healthy until the start of training camp.  :P

if i made it a goal to create a troll account solely to mock the worst-takez-ever of the Packers i couldn't even, in the bowels of the depths of the absurdity i'm capable of, discover/invent your awful takez. On the precipice of cringeworthy/genius, you're nearest the fulcrum but so clearly on the wrong side, of anyone i've ever met/read.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

if i made it a goal to create a troll account solely to mock the worst-takez-ever of the Packers i couldn't even, in the bowels of the depths of the absurdity i'm capable of, discover/invent your awful takez. On the precipice of cringeworthy/genius, you're nearest the fulcrum but so clearly on the wrong side, of anyone i've ever met/read.

Lmao. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

But seriously, can you imagine how many superbowls the Packers would have won if they had went with Tebow or simply kept Favre  until he was 45 and traded the injury prone/drama queen Rodgers?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Woooooosh

On 5/31/2019 at 12:14 PM, RuskieTitan said:

How does this impact his ability to coach during the upcoming season? Will he stay in the booth or roll around on a scooter on the sideline?

From https://www.verywellhealth.com/surgery-for-a-torn-achilles-tendon-2549875

In general, most patients return to walking in 4-6 weeks, strengthening after about 8 weeks, and exercising at 3 months. Most patients who are athletes do not return to their sport for about 6 months, and many can take longer to fully recover from Achilles surgery.

He should be fine to coach from the sidelines by the start of the season, might need to sit down at times or use crutches just to take the weight off.