Can Andy Dalton win the 2019-2020 MVP?

BengalUND

Ever since Andy Dalton has come into the league, I have been one of his biggest supporters. While everyone was calling him nothing but an average quarterback, I was always defending him, and saying that he was at least top 10. Now that he has been in the league for a while, there have been some questions about his future with the team. Especially with the Bengals drafting Ryan Finley. Personally, I believe that this next season is going to be by far Andy Dalton's best season as a pro, and he will put up huge numbers that might put him into the MVP race. I believe this because we have seen him play at a high level before, and all of the weapons he has at his disposal. For example, during the 2015 season Andy Dalton was already considered to be having a MVP like here by experts. However, since then injuries to him and other important players have held back his production. I will go through each position now, and explain why the weapons he has will lead to big numbers from him this season:

Receiver) 

- AJ Green - All pro receiver who has proven himself to be a top five talent at that position 

- Tyler Boyd - Budding star who surpassed 1,000 yards and 75 catches last season

-Jon Ross - Fastest 40 time ever recorded coming out of the slot. 

Tight end) 

- Tyler Eifert - When healthy, scored 13 touchdowns in one season (Bengals single season record)

- Drew Sample - Not the best receiving tight end, but regarded as the best overall tight end with his ability to both block and catch.

Running back)

- Joe Mixon - Lead the AFC in rushing last year, and is a dual threat option out of backfield 

-Giovani Bernard - Great change of pace back, and keep Mixon healthy

Offensive Line)

- Revamped these past few season with Cordy Glenn, Billy Price, John Miller, and now Jonah Williams 

Zac Taylor)

- New head coach that is considered to a "guru" who will implement a system to support Dalton and the skill players 

With all of this talent, and a new and innovative system, I believe that Andy Dalton could be the MVP of the 2019-202 season. What do you guys think? 

I also made a funny youtube video discussing this, and I would appreciate any feedback you would have for me on it. No obligation to watch it though:

On 5/31/2019 at 5:58 PM, johndeere1707 said:

Don’t think any Bengal will ever win MVP unless we went undefeated and he had the best stat line in football 

Probably true, unfortunately.  Even HOF caliber players like Geno Atkins haven't received much in the way of accolades because of the team he plays for.

MVP is out of the question.  But, i do think Andy can have a pretty good year.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Probably true, unfortunately.  Even HOF caliber players like Geno Atkins haven't received much in the way of accolades because of the team he plays for.

MVP is out of the question.  But, i do think Andy can have a pretty good year.

If we have a great year (under the radar) and he has great stats, he could be in the discussion, similar to 2015.  If we won a playoff game, why not?

32 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If we have a great year (under the radar) and he has great stats, he could be in the discussion, similar to 2015.  If we won a playoff game, why not?

There will always be someone who throws a few more touchdowns, plays in a better market, etc.  Even in 2015, Andy wasn't going to win it.  He was going to be a nice story and get the runner up or 3rd place.

• Like 1

He'd have to have back to back mvpish years in order to get true consideration.  Year one to open people's eyes to the possibility and year 2 to get the votes. I like the weapons and am confident he will perform,  but he'd have to be amazing to change league wide perception in just one season.