matt laflour's torn acl & how it affects morale goign forward

FinneasGage

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There was thermite paint in LaFlour's Achilles tendon! Jet fuel doesn't melt Achilles!

I'm a former Governor and Navy Seal, why didn't they let me into the operating room when they were repairing the tendon? What are they trying to hide?

Jesse-Ventura-Navy-SEAL-2.jpg?fit=490,35

Kind of looks like old Minnesota coach.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, Pugger said:

If a Packer has to get an injury I suppose we'd rather it be MLF than a player....

To be honest, I think this may actually be a bigger positive than people realize.  Change can be difficult; people navigate the stress of a "new" environment differently, even without the difficulty of integrating new players into the team as a whole.  The entire situation is essentially a big ball of potential, waiting for an incident to start it down a path.  The Packers now have their first one; their coach went down with a torn achilles, and then he walked out and threw the first pitch at the team softball game anyway.  You can hear even in the post-game interviews that that resonated.  Football is a game of injury; being there for each other even when you're beat up is a fundamental core of the game, and LeFleur has put his money where his mouth is before the season even started.  This will help team cohesion, and the first step to any great team is playing like a team.  

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

To be honest, I think this may actually be a bigger positive than people realize.  Change can be difficult; people navigate the stress of a "new" environment differently, even without the difficulty of integrating new players into the team as a whole.  The entire situation is essentially a big ball of potential, waiting for an incident to start it down a path.  The Packers now have their first one; their coach went down with a torn achilles, and then he walked out and threw the first pitch at the team softball game anyway.  You can hear even in the post-game interviews that that resonated.  Football is a game of injury; being there for each other even when you're beat up is a fundamental core of the game, and LeFleur has put his money where his mouth is before the season even started.  This will help team cohesion, and the first step to any great team is playing like a team.  

This will not matter even a little bit.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This will not matter even a little bit.

Not sure if you're saying this has zero effect in any way on the organizational morale and interpersonal dynamics of the Packers or if you're saying that organizational morale and interpersonal dynamics of the Packers don't matter even a little bit.  I have a hard time believing it's possible you meant the second one, so I'll assume you're saying the first and we'll just agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Not sure if you're saying this has zero effect in any way on the organizational morale and interpersonal dynamics of the Packers or if you're saying that organizational morale and interpersonal dynamics of the Packers don't matter even a little bit.  I have a hard time believing it's possible you meant the second one, so I'll assume you're saying the first and we'll just agree to disagree.

As far as wins and losses, this injury is irrelevant

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The injury has an impact on wins and losses.

Almost exactly the same impact not having the injury would have had, too, though.

You're an engineer, not a physicist or a statistician, act like it!

This is what happens when you go to grad school.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, boratt said:

In my opinion, mental, psychological, emotional all play in to wins and losses.

You're talking about a coach.  A coach.  I always thought this thread was a joke so I hardly bothered coming in here, but what in God's name do you think will change with LaFleur having torn his Achilles at the end of May? 

We're talking about morale?  Morale in May?  A head coach tore his Achilles.  This is not a head coach getting his leg bitten off by a shark, this is not a head coach losing a loved one, this is not a top player with an ACL injury, this is a head coach tearing his Achilles in May. 

• Like 1