It has begun.. Cuts Cuts Cuts

Acgott

Insert gif 

The first round has no major surprises unless you count Owa as a surprise.

Cut list:

Placed S Duke Ihenacho on injured reserve. Waived S Eric Pinkins; LBs Chris Casher and Steven Daniels; CBs Tay Glover-Wright, Tim Scott and Daniel Gray; WR C.J. Germany; and OL Richard Levy.

Tay Glover-Wright really had no chance to make the roster anyway, but he had one of the worst games I've ever seen from a CB yesterday. He looked like he had never played the position before. 

I don't think we are going to really get any surprise cuts this year, and I think the most interesting decisions are going to be made at TE and FB. 

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Alright I think this is updated now. Travis Rudolph is the only "name" released so far 

Any particular reason why he was cut?  Reading that and having watched him play, my first thought was the opera singer from Scrubs singing "Miiiiiissttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake."

11 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Any particular reason why he was cut?  Reading that and having watched him play, my first thought was the opera singer from Scrubs singing "Miiiiiissttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake."

Didn't watch most of the preseason because of timing, but maybe @minutemancl or @GMENNATION can provide some explanation. I'm not getting worked up about the 6th WR anyway

35 minutes ago, Acgott said:

biggest shock yet

Kudos and thanks to Acgott for single-handedly providing all these roster cuts in such a timely manner.

-I'd like to help but you're a lot faster than I am. Thanks again, great source of info

4 minutes ago, bzane said:

Kudos and thanks to Acgott for single-handedly providing all these roster cuts in such a timely manner.

-I'd like to help but you're a lot faster than I am. Thanks again, great source of info

It's 930 on a beautiful Saturday morning. Drinking some coffee, watching some college football and scrolling through my twitter feed. Takes no effort at all.

58 minutes ago, Acgott said:

biggest shock yet

We upgraded so much at TE that the 2 guys who started every game for us last year are both cut. Kinda stinks to see Tye go, he was a good story and played well, but its encouraging overall for the team to have made such improvements at an important position. Hopefully Tye sticks with another team, maybe the Ravens. 

Rudolph played well this preseason, no doubt. I was initially a big time skeptic but he proved me wrong. However, the WR group is stacked. OBJ, Shepard, and Marshall are studs and locks. Harris got extremely minimal playing time this preseason which shows how much the coaching staff values him. He's a decent backup receiver but he can do anything and everything on special teams. He's not a great returner but he is a great gunner. Roger Lewis got a lot of snaps this preseason and proved himself with OBJ and Marshall out. That combined with his performance last year and the fact that he also is a great gunner on ST means he was making the team as well. That means Rudolph would have to beat out King. There is no reason to believe that King could not have made every play Rudolph did this preseason. He proved himself late last year. Since king gets the nod over Rudolph, it means his ankle is fine, which is great news. Rudolph is a casualty of the numbers game, sadly. Good news is he put so much good stuff on tape that he'll find a home somewhere on a 53. If not, he goes on to our practice squad which means we get to keep him around anyway. @Crickett @Acgott

Archived