Jump to content
Toneloke38

RB Considerations... Duke Johnson & More

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, bruceb said:

The more I think about this the more puzzled I am about the loyalty in this forum to Johnson.

All we have heard about him the last two years is that he was underutilized.

Haley didn't use him much.

Freddy used him less.

If he is so damned valuable why wasn't he used?

Hint: Because he is not.

He's underutilized like Ameer Abdullah or Dexter McCluster were.....IOW he's just not that good. It's not just this forum tho.

Duke put up okay numbers on a terrible team with weak receiving talent as an outlet RB. That's not really hard to do. Jalen Richard had 78 catches last year...you don't hear much about him being one of the better RBs out there...and his numbers are arguably better over the last couple years. Duke's not a good runner out of the back field. He's not a chunk play threat. He's not clutch/reliable. And he's always suffered nagging injuries despite not missing games. He's overpaid and now he's unhappy about his role.

Depth isn't as great as it looks on paper this year. Hunt is a beast but won't be available for most of the year. Chubb is a beast but had an injury history in college. Duke is a  poor runner out of the backfield and Hilliard is a jag.

 

Edited by BrownLeader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

He's underutilized like Ameer Abdullah or Dexter McCluster were.....IOW he's just not that good. It's not just this forum tho.

Duke put up okay numbers on a terrible team with weak receiving talent as an outlet RB. That's not really hard to do. Jalen Richard had 78 catches last year...you don't hear much about him being one of the better RBs out there...and his numbers are arguably better over the last couple years. Duke's not a good runner out of the back field. He's not a chunk play threat. He's not clutch/reliable. And he's always suffered nagging injuries despite not missing games. He's overpaid and now he's unhappy about his role.

Depth isn't as great as it looks on paper this year. Hunt is a beast but won't be available for most of the year. Chubb is a beast but had an injury history in college. Duke is a  poor runner out of the backfield and Hilliard is a jag.

 

He averages 5ypc, he cant be that bad a runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He averages 5ypc, he cant be that bad a runner.

4.3 career.

3.6 the one time he had over a 100 carries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

4.3 career.

3.6 the one time he had over a 100 carries.

The 3.6 was his rookie year and 4.3 isnt bad at all that shouldnt a complaint.

Edited by Kiwibrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mistakey said:

because it costs more to cut him then to keep him this year

Didn't say cut him.

Just questioning the love he has in the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

And this:

 

Ppl are making a big deal about his comments. Baker is being a leader for the other 52 men that will be in the locker room with him. He doesn’t need to protect one guy. You do what’s best for the majority, not for the minority of the group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

And this:

 

rip duke johnsons browns career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ppl are making a big deal about his comments. Baker is being a leader for the other 52 men that will be in the locker room with him. He doesn’t need to protect one guy. You do what’s best for the majority, not for the minority of the group

i mean its not a big deal, it is a big deal in re the duke johnson is he/isnt he conversation.

realistically duke is the 3rd best back on the roster.  he's got an outsized share of the media attention this offseason IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i mean its not a big deal, it is a big deal in re the duke johnson is he/isnt he conversation.

realistically duke is the 3rd best back on the roster.  he's got an outsized share of the media attention this offseason IMO

It was a potential crack in the armor and he media, at least Grossi and MKC would try to expose. 

They have been trying to make a big deal out of everything small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baker throwing bombs lmao. Shut your sensitive mouth duke. Trade talks are apart of the game and you’re a boarderline starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×