RB Considerations... Duke Johnson & More

Toneloke38

How I'd approach Duke if I was Dorsey: 

Tell him we need him as the primary backup in case Chubb gets injured until Hunt's return week 9. If he acts like a good little boy, and if Chubb is healthy after week 7's game against the Patriots on October 27, he and his agent can find a trade partner of their choice and I'll make a deal to trade him there by the October 29 trade deadline.

We'd be vulnerable for only one game. Duke has reason to be chill, and if that doesn't satisfy him, he can can blow. Then I'd make it a point to let him collect dust on the bench the rest of the season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

How I'd approach Duke if I was Dorsey: 

Tell him we need him as the primary backup in case Chubb gets injured until Hunt's return week 9. If he acts like a good little boy, and if Chubb is healthy after week 7's game against the Patriots on October 27, he and his agent can find a trade partner of their choice and I'll make a deal to trade him there by the October 29 trade deadline.

We'd be vulnerable for only one game. Duke has reason to be chill, and if that doesn't satisfy him, he can can blow. Then I'd make it a point to let him collect dust on the bench the rest of the season.

Your girth is only exceeded by your intelligence. Great way of framing it. 

Imagine a month or more of rb 1 hillaird, that is sub optimal. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Your girth is only exceeded by your intelligence. Great way of framing it. 

Imagine a month or more of rb 1 hillaird, that is sub optimal. 

Why thank you, my foreign friend. So many ways to go with that girth bit, but alas, I'll leave the weener jokes to the professionals like Nude, LGB, and Tomahawk, whose actual weener is a joke unto itself.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Why thank you, my foreign friend. So many ways to go with that girth bit, but alas, I'll leave the weener jokes to the professionals like Nude, LGB, and Tomahawk, whose actual weener is a joke unto itself.

Don't be jealous that @Tomahawk, @LETSGOBROWNIES and @nude (no snitch here) have a Voltron wiener--bad look on you, buddy.

• Like 3

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Allegedly according to mike silver, several vets voiced their displeasure to baker over his duke comments

Mike Silver would take any opportunity to validate his past opinions that Baker needs to grow up. In defense of his friend Huey. 

Not saying that didn’t happen, but I’m not going to take anything as a fact unless it’s reported by someone else in this case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Allegedly according to mike silver, several vets voiced their displeasure to baker over his duke comments

If their displeasure was about how he handled it, fine.

If it was about the what he said, not fine with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t like what Baker said and I wouldn’t be shocked if it upset some vets.

However, F Mike Silver.

Totally get what you are saying candy - and respect your opinion.

However, here is my opinion. I have zero problem with anything Baker said and here is why. This kid has been overcoming the long odds at every step of his career, He got a taste of success at the highest level of the game last year.

And he liked it. He wants that success to continue. Bottom line - HE TAKES IT PERSONALLY. So, my question is - when did being the unquestioned team leader and taking your responsibilities personally become a bad thing? That is now the prevailing attitude among the key components of this team, those that will bring this city MULTIPLE championships.

If Duke wants to sulk in public because the team DARED to bring in a player that would be an upgrade at Duke's position, let him.

Where the hell is the criticism directed at Duke for not taking this behind closed doors to be handled like it should have been? This whole scenario is on Duke. Tools like Mike Silver can suck my schwantz for trying to blame others and make himself relevant.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1