RB Considerations... Duke Johnson & More

Toneloke38

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree he’s been better about it than Bell or Bryant, no argument there.

But.... either you’re showing up to work and focusing on your job or your not.  Voicing your displeasure to the media is definitely not “just doing your job”.

Shoulda directed questions to his agent of hit them with no comments imo.

Idk man. That's a machine *** response to a very human issue. It can't feel good to have the ineptness from the past leave you floating in the wind when the new guys pull up with a shiny new bell cow. I think considering the circumstances, he's been both real and professional at the same time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Idk man. That's a machine *** response to a very human issue.

Of course it is, he’s at work, this isn’t a dinner date.  Machine *** responses are what they should get.

33 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

It can't feel good to have the ineptness from the past leave you floating in the wind when the new guys pull up with a shiny new bell cow. I think considering the circumstances, he's been both real and professional at the same time. 

I get that, but it’s the nature of the business.  Literally the same thing is happening to every one of the bottom of the roster guys and they’re not pouting.

Think Kirksey or Schobert like seeing two LB’s drafted this year?  How about the corners after Greedy was picked?  Your job and your role are yours.... until they’re not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course it is, he’s at work, this isn’t a dinner date.  Machine *** responses are what they should get.

I get that, but it’s the nature of the business.  Literally the same thing is happening to every one of the bottom of the roster guys and they’re not pouting.

Think Kirksey or Schobert like seeing two LB’s drafted this year?  How about the corners after Greedy was picked?  Your job and your role are yours.... until they’re not.

lol can we get a replay of kirksey readign his own replacement at the draft

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Duke did nothing wrong. He's been professional. Why is it that a team/organization can decide when to trade a player and move their family and effect their career whenever they want, but when that player gets wind of their being on the trading block it becomes some cardinal sin to say "well if you want to entertain trading me... cool... here's my formal trade request in alignment with your actions as a front office."

767d00a509d88f256fa485aa623f904f08ccd0c9

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He doesn't get paid for canned answers so he's under no obligation to give them.

Policing people's emotions is super lame and dehumanizes the people these athletes are--especially when, and I can't say this enough, he's done literally nothing but show up and answer questions. Get mad at the media for making it a big deal, but Duke's done nothing wrong here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

He doesn't get paid for canned answers so he's under no obligation to give them.

Never said he was.

Policing people's emotions is super lame

Isnt that what you’re doing, with our reactions tho?  If everyone can just feel how they want....

and dehumanizes the people these athletes are--especially when, and I can't say this enough, he's done literally nothing but show up and answer questions. Get mad at the media for making it a big deal, but Duke's done nothing wrong here. 

It’s not dehumanizing at all.  He can do what he wants, idgaf at all.  He’s the backup RB for a team I like, not my kid.

We’re having an anonymous online discussion, no one is doing anything to Duke here.

6 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Policing people's emotions is super lame and dehumanizes the people these athletes are--especially when, and I can't say this enough, he's done literally nothing but show up and answer questions. Get mad at the media for making it a big deal, but Duke's done nothing wrong here. 

No.  But the mature thing to do would be to not give the media any ammo.  State what he stated once, and then tell them to speak to his agent, they already have his answer.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1. Never said he was.

2. Isnt that what you’re doing, with our reactions tho?  If everyone can just feel how they want....

3. It’s not dehumanizing at all.  He can do what he wants, idgaf at all.  He’s the backup RB for a team I like, not my kid.

4. We’re having an anonymous online discussion, no one is doing anything to Duke here.

I feel incredibly lame for doing this, but logical fallacy city, my dude:

1. Sure, but the implication is that a machine response is canned. You said a machine response is necessary so my mistake for not using machine instead of canned. 

2. Tu Quoque 

3. Red herring

4. Red herring

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

1. Sure, but the implication is that a machine response is canned. You said a machine response is necessary so my mistake for not using machine instead of canned. 

I never said he had to give any answer.  He can do what he wants.  That said, if you want to avoid controversy and actually show up and just work, then give the BS answers and actually work.  

Duke showing up only to make controversial statements to the media (which he clearly knew these would be) is on par with your girl saying “I’m fine” and stomping around the house slamming stuff.  It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines and realize Duke wanted to make his displeasure known, which is absolute NOT just showing up and answering questions.  Imo.

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

2. Tu Quoque 

3. Red herring

4. Red herring

Maybe.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, mistakey said:

dontrell hilliard might just straight up steal his job

On 4/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, NudeTayne said:

Hilliard is definitely in the plans moving forward.

On 4/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, NateDawg said:

Can confirm. 

• Like 1