Your team's potential draft gem?

Suffering_Bills

What I mean by that is this: Whichever player your team selected in the 2019 draft that will, for whatever potential set of circumstances, wind up at some point during the season being an unexpectedly greater contributor than might have been initially predicted. I'll use my team, the Bills, as an example. Sure, we expect big things from Ed Oliver, our 1st-rounder. Cody Ford, in the 2nd round should be a starter. Devin Singletary in the 3rd was meant to be our future starter, but if McCoy and/or Gore get hurt or falter, he could have a more immediate impact. However, the guy I'm saying is our potential draft gem is Dawson Knox, the 3rd-round TE from Ole Miss. Couple reasons for this: Firstly, our TE corps sucked pretty bad already to BEGIN with, and Now Tyler Kroft breaks his foot, Jason Croom is hurt in OTA's, and Lee Smith is just a blocker.

So, that leaves us with Knox, whom we traded up for, BTW, and what; Tommy Sweeney, a 7th-rounder? So, because of, in this case, mainly injury circumstances, the door is wide open for Knox to challenge for an immediate starting gig, and from all accounts, he's looked pretty good so far. Injuries are gonna happen, and sometimes you're the next man up sooner rather than later. Anyways, based on my possibly vague criteria to address the question I have posed, let's hear who you guys think so far might be your team's unexpected rookie significant contributor/draft gem.

Edited by Suffering_Bills

I guess for the Titans I'd say Amani Hooker.  Simmons is injured, everyone expects big things from AJ Brown, and Nate Davis, if he earns a starting spot this season, will just be playing right guard, so that won't turn any heads.

Hooker will probably see some playing time in nickel and dime packages, and on special teams.  If Vacarro gets injured again, he could see a lot more time and contribute.

Not sure he'll have much of an impact in year one but long-term I think Isaiah Johnson could be a potential draft gem for the Raiders. He has only been playing CB for two years but has all of the traits that you look for in a long, man-to-man press cornerback. NFL Network said it best, he has day 1 traits, day 2 talent, and the consistency of a day 3 corner but patience and coaching could turn him into a disruptive CB by year 2 or 3. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jaguars im going with Ryquell armstead as hes likely our main backup rb.

I could see quincy williams starting potentially when everyone thought he was a reach. 

Josh oliver is competing to start at te and should do well

I'm more inclined to agree with Oliver who is still raw but Foles does love an athletic TE but Armstead is uninspiring to me

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm more inclined to agree with Oliver who is still raw but Foles does love an athletic TE but Armstead is uninspiring to me

I remember the pre-draft Bob McGinn quotes about Josh Oliver. Saying he went through three coordinators and how San Jose State has terrible facilities, nutrition, etc and how Oliver would really blossom in the NFL over time. We'll see. 

• Like 1

Just now, CalhounLambeau said:

I remember the pre-draft Bob McGinn quotes about Josh Oliver. Saying he went through three coordinators and how San Jose State has terrible facilities, nutrition, etc and how Oliver would really blossom in the NFL over time. We'll see. 

Hope so, he won't have really any competition at TE or really a major threat at WR to steal 180+ targets