Your team's potential draft gem?

Suffering_Bills

On 6/3/2019 at 5:47 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea...but that's like saying Chris Ivory is a potential gem...Armstead just isn't good. The fact he is the backup just says how bad our depth is

Im not saying armstead is a world beater but outside of being a pass catcher he should be a good replacement for fournette as hes got good size, speed, and runs very angry.   Did i want a guy who was a better 3rd down option? Yes but i guess they want to try fournette as a 3 down back. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, freak_of_nature said:

I hope 6th Rounder Isaiah Prince can grab the starting RT job. I thought he'd get drafted earlier. 

Easily, I his issues at tOSU were always technique related, he has all of the tools to have a long career.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, MikeT14 said:

Maybe not this season, but Jimmy Moreland. 

I'm a major fan of his, love his instincts and ball skills, he easily could be a stud slot corner for the Redskins

:As far as the Browns, I want to say Taki Taki, because I see a little bit of Junior Seau in his game, but as I sit back I am just floored at how we got Greedy Williams so late, he looks to be a stud, he literally could be a #1 corner covering #2 receivers which is optimal.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 6/7/2019 at 2:49 AM, goldfishwars said:

Honestly think it's Jakobi Meyers, UDFA who has been pretty active in minicamp - getting exclusive work with Tom Brady

Wait... how the hell was Jakobi Meyers undrafted?  

Edited by bananabucket

On 6/2/2019 at 5:03 PM, RTTRUTH said:

Bobby Okereke is an option. If he can improve upon the instincts shown by Anthony Walker and become a steady “Mike” next to Leonard, and makes one splash play per game, he could have a powerful impact.

If Marvell Tell is even on the team in 2021, at any position, then I think he might qualify.

I can make an argument for Gerri Green in the 6th, or Ben Banogu, if he reaches his ceiling.

But just to stand out, I will make my actual choice either 7th round O-linemen. Jackson Barton (26th) or Javon Patterson (32nd). If either player sticks on the roster, and is thrust into action due to injury, then they probably already qualify for the purposes of this thread. That will mean they stole a meaningful backup role from an incumbent player. If we win 50+ percent of the snaps they play then they’ve already exceeded expectations. I hope even one makes the final 53. I think that would mean a depth improvement at worst. 

But the sleeper to make a surprise impact, would most likely be Khari Willis or Ben Banogu. Draft position says Banogu is expected to make an impact. But his tape doesn’t make him worthy of that draft slot, IMO. So potential and a hell of a combine helped him land there. We’ll see if he proves to be worth it

Good stuff, Okereke is a decent choice.  I just figured Leonard and Walker are good enough to hold him off from cracking the two starting spots.  He is definitely a great fit for our D though.  It's a shame all this BS is coming out about him right now, but I expect all of that to blow over.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about Banogu, I just didn't include him because of how high he was drafted relative to his perceived value.  I think he and Turay will make a nasty pair of situational rushers.  Interested to see how much we run him at SAM as well, he is a much better fit than Adams.

Edited by bananabucket

On 6/3/2019 at 10:41 AM, The Gnat said:

I'd actually go with Kris Boyd. His size and the Vikings coaching staff, he could end up being a complete steal in round 7.

He's interesting. Same with Dillon Mitchell at WR. The depth behind Diggs and Thielen is so unproven he may end up as the #3 this season.

Not sure what qualities as a "gem" (could Kahale Warring be a gem as a 3rd rounder?) But I'm going to play it safe and say UDFA Johnnie Dixon. He's buried behind the top three, but given the injury histories of both Will Fuller and Keke Coutee, he could jump up the list and get some significant PT at WR. 

I'm also bullish on Cullen Gillaspia - he's a very willing and able ST gunner, really carved out a niche in that respect. His ability to play FB is what's going to earn him a 2nd contract ultimately and I think he'll bring a lot to the table at FB - not immediately, but in a year or so.