Starting Day O-Line

Toneloke38

Will this be the starting day O-Line for the Browns or do you think training camp battles will change the projected starters?  

As of right now, I'm assuming these will be the starters.

LT - Greg Robinson

LG - Joel Bitonio

C - JC Tretter

RG - Austin Corbett

RT - Chris Hubbard

I've heard rumblings that Chris Hubbard might be the most likely to get surpassed in camp by another player... Who do you all project as the O-line starters?

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think it ends up being boring and nobody beats out anybody and we roll into game 1 with:

Robinson

Bitonio

Tretter

Corbett

Hubbard

I hope that Desmond Harrison beats out Hubbard though.

I didnt think des was a rt prospect.

One of the more underrated off season additions to this team was James Campen, former OL coach of the Packers (of course). But make no mistake - he is the best in the business. I believe it was 6 players that reached Pro Bowl status under his tutelage. I see that Greg Robinson appears to be his pet project. If anyone can bring out the talent that made Greg the second overall pick, it's Campen.

I am excited to see how this plays out for the rest of the line.

• Like 4

I really don’t think Austin Corbett hangs onto the right guard spot, because I think the best 5 will be out there, period. I hope I’m wrong, because we need him to pan out as a draft pick. Those other four spots seem to be pretty well settled though.

14 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Corbett has been getting looks at center.  But RG is definitely the spot to watch for a battle in training camp.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I really don’t think Austin Corbett hangs onto the right guard spot, because I think the best 5 will be out there, period. I hope I’m wrong, because we need him to pan out as a draft pick. Those other four spots seem to be pretty well settled though.

I think Corb is going to be the starting RG but the back up Center. I strongly believe they have been using the OTAs to get him in position to learn the spot. He already knows the guard position because of last year. I want to say the Packers OL under Campen was one of the most versatile offensives lines in the league. TJ Lang was a damn good football player and they played him all over the field. I think he started at least one game at LT, LG, RG, RT at some point in his packers career. As long as you dont start at LT, LG, or C you need to learn the other positions. I think Kalis has been getting a lot of reps because they want to try and get a good look out of him. He barely has any game tape on him and want to try and get the best look out of him before training camp.

Cause right now I really like Kush as the swing guard if something happens. He can be a serviceable RG or LG off the bench. If Bit or Corb goes down, he can step right in. I think the idea is, if JCT goes down, they slide Corb over and bring in Kush.

Last year they only carried 8 linemen on the roster and right now they have 14 on the roster. 

LT 78 Robinson, Greg SF18 69 Harrison, Desmond CF18 67 Fineanganofo, Brian CF19        
LG 75 Bitonio, Joel 14/2 79 Forbes, Drew 19/6            
C 64 Tretter, JC U/GB 72 Kush, Eric U/Chi 68 Kalis, Kyle SF18 66 Wright, Willie CF19    
RG 63 Corbett, Austin 18/2 71 Witzmann, Bryan U/Chi            
RT 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 70 Lamm, Kendall U/Hou 60 Seaton, Brad SF18

These would be my  7 that make the team but I am not sure who would be the 8th man

1. Robinson LT
  2. Bit LG
  3. JCT C
  4. Corb RG/C
  5. Hubbard RT
  6. Kush RG/LG
  7. Forbes RT/LT
  8. ?????
Edited by buno67

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think Corb is going to be the starting RG but the back up Center. I strongly believe they have been using the OTAs to get him in position to learn the spot. He already knows the guard position because of last year. I want to say the Packers OL under Campen was one of the most versatile offensives lines in the league. TJ Lang was a damn good football player and they played him all over the field. I think he started at least one game at LT, LG, RG, RT at some point in his packers career. As long as you dont start at LT, LG, or C you need to learn the other positions. I think Kalis has been getting a lot of reps because they want to try and get a good look out of him. He barely has any game tape on him and want to try and get the best look out of him before training camp.

Cause right now I really like Kush as the swing guard if something happens. He can be a serviceable RG or LG off the bench. If Bit or Corb goes down, he can step right in. I think the idea is, if JCT goes down, they slide Corb over and bring in Kush.

Last year they only carried 8 linemen on the roster and right now they have 14 on the roster. 

LT 78 Robinson, Greg SF18 69 Harrison, Desmond CF18 67 Fineanganofo, Brian CF19        
LG 75 Bitonio, Joel 14/2 79 Forbes, Drew 19/6            
C 64 Tretter, JC U/GB 72 Kush, Eric U/Chi 68 Kalis, Kyle SF18 66 Wright, Willie CF19    
RG 63 Corbett, Austin 18/2 71 Witzmann, Bryan U/Chi            
RT 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 70 Lamm, Kendall U/Hou 60 Seaton, Brad SF18

These would be my  7 that make the team but I am not sure who would be the 8th man

1. Robinson LT
  2. Bit LG
  3. JCT C
  4. Corb RG/C
  5. Hubbard RT
  6. Kush RG/LG
  7. Forbes RT/LT
  8. ?????

Harrison / Kalis

Edited by Tomahawk

6 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Harrison / Kalis

I rather carry Witzman over Kalis until Kalis proves something in preseason. Harrison could be a candidate for PS for us potentially I think. Browns only carried 3 tackles last year. Doubt they carry 4 unless they go with the Vet Lamm

• Like 1