OTA's/Mini-Camps

lumberjackchris

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Figured we could use a place to talk all things OTA's 

Hearing Jordan Thomas is look much improved.

Justin Reid turning into a true difference maker in the secondary.

Foreman looking spry 

Yeah, everyone is going nuts over Jordan Thomas - he's basically a 280lb WR out there, and he's really earned Deshaun's trust as a target. 

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I really thought he turned a corner last year. That’s why I was shocked  we used a 3rd rounder on a TE

I think it's more an indictment against Jordan Akins (who is already 27 years old). If he's not picking up the playbook, then how old will he be when he does?

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think it's more an indictment against Jordan Akins (who is already 27 years old). If he's not picking up the playbook, then how old will he be when he does?

Yup. I think BOB really wants to replicate the two TE sets he used at the Pats with Gronk and Hernandez. That's basically what he's tried to do on offense since he got here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Yup. I think BOB really wants to replicate the two TE sets he used at the Pats with Gronk and Hernandez. That's basically what he's tried to do on offense since he got here.

Jordan fits that in-line role Gronk played and Warring could realistically play as a move or in-line, so it fits. That Pats offense might be one of the better ones, outside of the Randy Moss iteration.

Has anyone heard any progress on the Oline. I've done a little searching but haven't really heard anything that yells "IMPROVED!!!". All I have heard is that they keep shuffling them around at different positions along the line.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dawgtx said:

Has anyone heard any progress on the Oline. I've done a little searching but haven't really heard anything that yells "IMPROVED!!!". All I have heard is that they keep shuffling them around at different positions along the line.

That's all I've got as well; Tim Kelly was saying he moves them around now so the guys can understand the assignments of everyone around them, but things should start taking form when we get closer and closer to TC.

I think what’s clear is that we still don’t have a LT for next year. From what I have read, I would predict the line is something like it was last year 

davenport/Rankin/Martin/Fulton/Henderson 

that would be my opening day guess. I am hoping that Scharping will be a RT of the future and I’m hopeful that Howard will be a solid Guard for us. I don’t see him as a LT

Lonnie Johnson is not looking good so far. It was understood that he wouldn't be refined early on, but this is troubling.

Add to that the absence of Bradley Roby and you have an issue that's bigger than the OL. It's possible that our secondary got worse, and it was really bad to begin with.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lonnie Johnson is not looking good so far. It was understood that he wouldn't be refined early on, but this is troubling.

Add to that the absence of Bradley Roby and you have an issue that's bigger than the OL. It's possible that our secondary got worse, and it was really bad to begin with.

There are two guys who are disgruntled now that could make us a contender. 

Jalen Ramsey

trent Williams

we should go get them. 

20 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

There are two guys who are disgruntled now that could make us a contender. 

Jalen Ramsey

trent Williams

we should go get them. 

Jags ain't sending Ramsey to a division rival unless we're sending Hopkins to them - disgruntled or not, that would be suicide. I'd love to see it, but the Jags ain't going to go with that.

I'm on the Trent Williams bandwagon, however.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Jags ain't sending Ramsey to a division rival unless we're sending Hopkins to them - disgruntled or not, that would be suicide. I'd love to see it, but the Jags ain't going to go with that.

I'm on the Trent Williams bandwagon, however.

Me thinks Caserio or whoever becomes the new GM might make the move for WIlliams as long as the price isn't too high

• Like 1