Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

This could be one of the better WR classes in recent memory, or of all-time. 

Some of the best seniors: Tyler Johnson, Minnesota, Collin Johnson, Texas, KJ Hill, Ohio State, Denzel Mims, Baylor, Bryan Edwards, South Carolina, Marquez Callaway, Tennessee.

Some of the best juniors: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama,  Laviska Shenault, Colorado, Tee Higgins, Clemson, CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma, Henry Ruggs, Alabama, DeVonta Smith, Alabama, Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State, Jeff Thomas, Miami, Jeremiah Holloman, Georgia, Justin Jefferson, LSU.

Some sleeper sophomores: Sage Surratt, Wake Forest,  K.J. Hamler, Penn State,  Matt Landers, Georgia,  Tamorrion Terry, Florida State. 

I left out tons of good players. 

Discuss. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Want to watch all the available cuts, get up-to-date measurements, DOB's for the 2020 WR's, find it here. 

Edited by CalhounLambeau

I wish Collin Johnson played a bit more physically with that fantastic frame of his. Surprisingly smooth, I wonder if he could incorporate some grit to take himself to the next level, or will always be more of a technical guy who happens to have the size to out-body people.

Unreal class. I know teams passed on WRs in 2019 (including us) and we certainly will be looking at WR next year purely for BPA. It may turn into another AB Juju situation xD.

I think in minimal watching, I already have first round grades on Jeudy, Shennault, Higgins, and Lamb. There's a ton of tantalizing talent behind them too and more guys will emerge (Johnson, Reagor, Ruggs, etc.)

I'm a really big fan of Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt. Just a redshirt sophomore. Cut a game for him a couple weeks ago. He's 6'2" 215 and an effortless athlete. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUHYBtvEtc&t=359s

highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8-5QC9ajA&t=29s

cut

Edited by CalhounLambeau
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

1. Jeudy (generational talent)

He's really really good and is the #1 WR in just about any draft, but I don't view him as generational. He doesn't have enough freak ht/wt/spd to be considered generational.

I love CeeDee Lamb. I think he has a chance to be a very special player. Reminds me of Chad Johnson with better jets.

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's really really good and is the #1 WR in just about any draft, but I don't view him as generational. He doesn't have enough freak ht/wt/spd to be considered generational.

I love CeeDee Lamb. I think he has a chance to be a very special player. Reminds me of Chad Johnson with better jets.

I think Jeudy is generational in his freak route running and fluidity. It’s rare in my opinion, the absolutely elite agility and snap in his game. He is like an elastic band that will just tie defensive backs in knots. I think he’s going to test very fast too. There was a deep TD last year where I’m pretty sure he ran away from Zedrick Woods, who ran a 4.29. Jeudy isn’t built like a monster outside guy, but he’s so damn special with his movement and as a technician that he will dominate in the pros anyway.

I also really like Ceedee Lamb. He’s vying for my number two WR.

Tee Higgins is an animal. A proper big outside guy with some speed, great size and physicality with an ability to highpoint the ball. Getting overshadowed a bit because of Justyn Ross but he’s a man amongst boys on the field.

Laviska Shenault is interesting. A lot of his production came in untraditional ways but he also showed speed, size and strong hands.

This is definitely the year to have a lot of early dynasty picks. What a class at both WR and RB.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 1:04 PM, THE DUKE said:

Jeudy

Everybody else

Don't get me wrong, this looks like a crazy deep class, but I think Jeudy is a top 5 pick at WR

I'll never understand why people fall for WRs that lack freakish attributes that high in the draft.  Jerry Jeudy is very unremarkable physically.  He just has great collegiate production going for him and that rarely correlates to NFL success.  I wouldn't even rate him in my top 3 receivers for next year's draft.

Here are my top WRs in the 2020 NFL Draft:

1. Tee Higgins (Clemson) - NFL comp: AJ Green

2. Marquez Callaway (Tennessee) - NFL comp: DeAndre Hopkins

3. Bryan Edwards (South Carolina) - NFL comp: Allen Robinson

3 hours ago, VanS said:

I'll never understand why people fall for WRs that lack freakish attributes that high in the draft.  Jerry Jeudy is very unremarkable physically.  He just has great collegiate production going for him and that rarely correlates to NFL success.  I wouldn't even rate him in my top 3 receivers for next year's draft.

This is just.....yea.

I don’t even think Edwards is a top 10 WR in this class or even top 3 in the SEC alone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VanS said:

lol

• Like 2

On 09/06/2019 at 10:54 AM, VanS said:

Jesus