Jump to content
CalhounLambeau

Official 2020 WR Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Counselor said:

Some people just want to be different so badly 

Pretty much.  CeeDee Lamb is a top 5 WR easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Counselor said:

Some people just want to be different so badly 

Nope. tbh I didn't even know everyone was so high on Lamb until just recently.

20 hours ago, Counselor said:

Name the 10 ahead please

1. Juedy

2. Tylan Wallace

3. Ruggs

4. Devonta Smith

5. Hamler

6. Mims

7. Aiyuk

8. Shenault

9. Justin Jefferson

10. Reggie Roberson

Many are calling this the best WR class ever. So #11 isn't really bad.  I think there's around 20 more draft eligible behind him that are also pretty solid prospects.

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is crazy and I have no clue how you see him as the 11th best receiver in the class.  The kid is totally legit, strong, quick, good hands and has a good wiggle to him in the open field after the catch.

CeeDee-Lamb2.gif

tenor.gif

^ helps show a little of the toughness he has as well

He's really strong for his size. Imo his best traits are his physicality and suddenness. At around 6'2 200, he's quick in all directions...I just don't think he's especially fast. I mean..being a blur isn't a requirement and maybe he is in that Mike Thomas/DeAndre Hopkins class, but I'm not there with him yet. I mentioned he reminded me of Courtland Sutton or Javon Mims before but after looking longer I'm leaning toward a thinner Allen Robinson. 

This play vs Texas. Great balance, strength and quickness to turn upfield after threatening deep.  He's changing gears on a nice open field run but there aren't any rpm's there. You could say it's in the middle of the 4th and maybe he's gassed but on this play in the 1st half.....

He's in motion and carrying out the play fake before turning it on full and blowing past Sterns. But watch Sterns turn, run and easily walk him down. Sterns ran a 4.6 in HS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Nope. tbh I didn't even know everyone was so high on Lamb until just recently.

1. Juedy

2. Tylan Wallace

3. Ruggs

4. Devonta Smith

5. Hamler

6. Mims

7. Aiyuk

8. Shenault

9. Justin Jefferson

10. Reggie Roberson

Many are calling this the best WR class ever. So #11 isn't really bad.  I think there's around 20 more draft eligible behind him that are also pretty solid prospects.

He's really strong for his size. Imo his best traits are his physicality and suddenness. At around 6'2 200, he's quick in all directions...I just don't think he's especially fast. I mean..being a blur isn't a requirement and maybe he is in that Mike Thomas/DeAndre Hopkins class, but I'm not there with him yet. I mentioned he reminded me of Courtland Sutton or Javon Mims before but after looking longer I'm leaning toward a thinner Allen Robinson. 

This play vs Texas. Great balance, strength and quickness to turn upfield after threatening deep.  He's changing gears on a nice open field run but there aren't any rpm's there. You could say it's in the middle of the 4th and maybe he's gassed but on this play in the 1st half.....

He's in motion and carrying out the play fake before turning it on full and blowing past Sterns. But watch Sterns turn, run and easily walk him down. Sterns ran a 4.6 in HS.

 

Reggie Roberson is not even the best receiver on his own team much less the 10th best in the nation.  And one can find just as many highlights of Lamb running away from defenders than getting caught from behind.  With his quickness, surprising toughness and great hands who really cares if he is not a 4.3 guy.  Clearly you might overrate speed a little if guys like Tee Higgins and Bryan Edwards who are both physical beasts are not even in your top 10 receivers.  Not to mention Chase Claypool, Tyler Johnson and Michael Pittman.  Hamler I am a little down on currently, in some big games he has not been great recently against Ohio State especially and even Indiana.  He would be smart to return to school, Aiyuk has been coming on especially with how great he looking in the past game he played.  Jeudy is awesome but his toughness and lack of ability to break tackles might be an issue, he is quick but when hit can go down quickly and might lack YAC ability at the next level if he cannot just out run the guy.  I agree Devonta Smith should be that high or around there with how good he has looked.  Tylan Wallace I like but am not amazed by him by any means and he plays in an offense that makes almost any decent receiver look amazing.  

Lamb has been great as a FR, SOPH and even better now as a JR so anyone that was not high on him coming into this year was not watching or paying much attention to him in the years previous.  Because he has been great for quite awhile I feel.  I agree with Mims being up there, he has been super impressive this year and as a jump ball receiver is as good as anyone in the draft arguably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Reggie Roberson is not even the best receiver on his own team much less the 10th best in the nation.  And one can find just as many highlights of Lamb running away from defenders than getting caught from behind.  With his quickness, surprising toughness and great hands who really cares if he is not a 4.3 guy.  Clearly you might overrate speed a little if guys like Tee Higgins and Bryan Edwards who are both physical beasts are not even in your top 10 receivers.  Not to mention Chase Claypool, Tyler Johnson and Michael Pittman.  Hamler I am a little down on currently, in some big games he has not been great recently against Ohio State especially and even Indiana.  He would be smart to return to school, Aiyuk has been coming on especially with how great he looking in the past game he played.  Jeudy is awesome but his toughness and lack of ability to break tackles might be an issue, he is quick but when hit can go down quickly and might lack YAC ability at the next level if he cannot just out run the guy.  I agree Devonta Smith should be that high or around there with how good he has looked.  Tylan Wallace I like but am not amazed by him by any means and he plays in an offense that makes almost any decent receiver look amazing.  

Lamb has been great as a FR, SOPH and even better now as a JR so anyone that was not high on him coming into this year was not watching or paying much attention to him in the years previous.  Because he has been great for quite awhile I feel.  I agree with Mims being up there, he has been super impressive this year and as a jump ball receiver is as good as anyone in the draft arguably. 

Lamb is just a lesser version of Shenault. Lamb will measure smaller, plays smaller and run slower than Shenault. I'd bet my account on that. He's also benefitted from amazing QB play his entire time in school, catching passes from potentially 3 first round picks, including two who went number 1 overall. Same with Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith, though I think Jeudy is a top 10 pick based on his floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryan Edwards reminds me of Allen Robinson. His quickness at his size is breathtaking, and his routes are very crisp. He's also surehanded, not easy to bring down after the catch, and a physical blocker. The only real deficiency I see is straight-line speed. And he compensates for that with his quickness, big body, and acceleration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Bryan Edwards reminds me of Allen Robinson. His quickness at his size is breathtaking, and his routes are very crisp. He's also surehanded, not easy to bring down after the catch, and a physical blocker. The only real deficiency I see is straight-line speed. And he compensates for that with his quickness, big body, and acceleration.

Yeah I thought he was slower after scouting him a little bit last year.

He looks pretty quick and am I crazy or does it look like he got his body into better shape? He looks a lot more lean and cut this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 5:50 AM, jrry32 said:

Bryan Edwards reminds me of Allen Robinson. His quickness at his size is breathtaking, and his routes are very crisp. He's also surehanded, not easy to bring down after the catch, and a physical blocker. The only real deficiency I see is straight-line speed. And he compensates for that with his quickness, big body, and acceleration.

Edwards is a 'has all the tools guy' but didn't dominate until this season imo. Always took a backseat to Deebo and Hurst, although physically, about as talented. Ive a hard time seeing him as a #1 type pro WR tho. At best reminds me of a poor man's Devante Adams, so something like a James Jones or Jerricho Cotchery. And he can make spectacular grabs but I don't think he's the most reliable hands guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Edwards is a 'has all the tools guy' but didn't dominate until this season imo. Always took a backseat to Deebo and Hurst, although physically, about as talented. Ive a hard time seeing him as a #1 type pro WR tho. At best reminds me of a poor man's Devante Adams, so something like a James Jones or Jerricho Cotchery. And he can make spectacular grabs but I don't think he's the most reliable hands guy.

I disagree. Only year he took a backseat to those two was as a true freshman. He led SC in receiving as a sophomore, had roughly 40 less yards than Deebo last year, and led SC this year. It was clear to me in his freshman year that he was a player. Kid, unfortunately, played for Muschamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I disagree. Only year he took a backseat to those two was as a true freshman. He led SC in receiving as a sophomore, had roughly 40 less yards than Deebo last year, and led SC this year. It was clear to me in his freshman year that he was a player. Kid, unfortunately, played for Muschamp.

I agree with this and remember hearing his name as well as AJ Browns a lot when they were freshman. I’ve seen production and have heard his name a lot since. Really like this kids feel for the position and there’s not much he can’t do. Might not excel anywhere but a WR who could easily become a reliable outlet on any route for a QB 

Edited by Fureys49ers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is Shenault as a player at this point? Colorado hasn't exactly set him up for NFL success in terms of what he was asked to do. His frame/athleticism are tantalizing, but can he run routes? Is he pro ready? Where would ya'll place him at this point. 

I'm uncertain if he'll have more NFL success, especially immediately, than say a guy like Devonta Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who is Shenault as a player at this point? Colorado hasn't exactly set him up for NFL success in terms of what he was asked to do. His frame/athleticism are tantalizing, but can he run routes? Is he pro ready? Where would ya'll place him at this point. 

I'm uncertain if he'll have more NFL success, especially immediately, than say a guy like Devonta Smith.

100 healthy I think he's like a taller Golden Tate or a bigger Sammy Watkins. Elite cod and stop/start with size & strength. You'd just want the ball in his hands. And he might even be able to play RB if he works his pad level. He'd be a playmaker until he refines his route ability. But with his physical style and injury history there's probably flags all over his health and longevity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

100 healthy I think he's like a taller Golden Tate or a bigger Sammy Watkins. Elite cod and stop/start with size & strength. You'd just want the ball in his hands. And he might even be able to play RB if he works his pad level. He'd be a playmaker until he refines his route ability. But with his physical style and injury history there's probably flags all over his health and longevity.

Yeah the injury issues is a big concern, seemed pretty frail at times this year so not sure if he was nursing an injury all season or what.  I expected him to be a lot more explosive than he has been.  At times he flashes it but other times he just disappears out there.  Sure Montez is not the best QB in the world but he is not awful and probably will get a shot in the NFL.  Kind of like N'Keal Harry with Manny Wilkins last year.  Wilkins is nothing great and arguably Montez has more talent than Wilkins does in terms of upside.  Yet Harry was quite productive, might not be as good after the catch but has much better hands and better jump ball ability than Shenault does.  How he runs will be key, I would be shocked if Shenault is anything under 4.5 which will look slow clearly when Lamb should run 4.4 or better, Jeudy 4.3 range, Ruggs high 4.2 range, heck Tee Higgins could run better than Shenault as well, on the field he looks faster especially in terms of deep ball potential.  And Shenault and his rushing ability is pretty overrated, 161 yards this year, Lynn Bowden ran for 1200+ yards this year as the reserve QB on UK!  If anyone is not getting respected as a runner with the football as a receiver it is Lynn Bowden.

 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I thought he was slower after scouting him a little bit last year.

He looks pretty quick and am I crazy or does it look like he got his body into better shape? He looks a lot more lean and cut this season.

Yeah Bryan Edwards really impressed me this year with his punt return ability which I was kind of shocked by.  He has been far more explosive this year I feel and more dangerous after the catch.  Always had the size and strength but athletically he impressed being able to go back there and be a pretty solid punt return man, helps show he has more speed than some think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Duvernay. He could be this years McLaurin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I like Duvernay. He could be this years McLaurin.

Mims is going to be this years McLaurin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Mims is going to be this years McLaurin

I doubt Mims runs in the 4.3's. Duvernay should run between 4.29 and 4.39.

Edited by Jeezla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×