Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, now I need to take a look. Lynn Bowden Jr. is also very, very intriguing. And I think Jeff Thomas is worth a Day 3 flier too. There's a ton of WR talent in this draft.

Likely goes late Day 2 / Early Day 3, but his QB versatility (uber raw), well, it's going to be sought after.   This era's version of Kordell Stewart (but WR first).   Louisville isn't a great D, and neither is Miss St, but he really showed amazing explosiveness as a gadget RPO / Wildcat QB in both games.   Add in the fact he's actually a decent WR, man, there's some serious swiss-army knife potential there on an innovative O.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll take that over the oft injured Fuller...

Will see how he times out but I would be shocked if John Hightower is as fast as Will Fuller.

Probably go Ruggs III and Jeudy then everyone else in terms of flat speed WRs.  Ruggs III will easily be the fastest WR in the draft I feel when he times, Reagor might do well and maybe Hamler and or Bowden Jr as well.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Will see how he times out but I would be shocked if John Hightower is as fast as Will Fuller.

Probably go Ruggs III and Jeudy then everyone else in terms of flat speed WRs.  Ruggs III will easily be the fastest WR in the draft I feel when he times, Reagor might do well and maybe Hamler and or Bowden Jr as well.

Duvernay will time in 4.3s

On 1/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Stud, will get caught behind some of the bigger named guys and we will all look back like "why didn't we take a harder look at him" 

Yeah, I like Cephus. Similar game to Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. I think Johnson is a bit more acrobatic and a tad more polished, but they both play a lot like Rams WR Robert Woods. Polished route runners, sure hands, and quality blockers. Cephus seems stronger than Johnson in the blocking department.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Duvernay will time in 4.3s

I have Duvernay on my short list of speedy receivers, did not mention him here but he was just behind these guys I mentioned.  Like his build as well thick lower body.  Is more a slot receiver that has a little bit of a RB build compared to a deep ball burner though I would say though.

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, now I need to take a look. Lynn Bowden Jr. is also very, very intriguing. And I think Jeff Thomas is worth a Day 3 flier too. There's a ton of WR talent in this draft.

Loaded, so loaded that a few of them may be better served staying another year 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Given the Texans Iack of draft capital, Jeudy and Ruggs aren't in the discussion for Houston. Even if Houston had the picks, edge rusher and S probably gets more run as a position of need.

WR probably becomes a day three priority, and speed is probably the need at the position.

33 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just read this, ****ty as a Badger fan but happy for the kid, he deserves it. Probably would have been smarter to wait until next year with this crop but some team will get a warrior. I get it though, he doesn’t come from much so I imagine the $ was hard to wait on. Here’s hoping the Pack snag him in round 3 or 4.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:18 AM, Broncofan said:

Likely goes late Day 2 / Early Day 3, but his QB versatility (uber raw), well, it's going to be sought after.   This era's version of Kordell Stewart (but WR first).   Louisville isn't a great D, and neither is Miss St, but he really showed amazing explosiveness as a gadget RPO / Wildcat QB in both games.   Add in the fact he's actually a decent WR, man, there's some serious swiss-army knife potential there on an innovative O.

I think the key for Bowden is going to be how he interviews. He had some maturity issues before coming into college and punching a player pregame of the bowl definitely raises some red flags about whether that has improved.