Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Does anyone else see Jarvis Landry in KJ Hill?

I’m not sure if he can quite reach that ceiling, although I wasn’t sure Landry was going to fully become what he is in the NFL today, but I like that comp. I was hoping he came out last year and the niners would be able to swoop him up in the middle rounds. Not quite sure where his stock is at now but wouldn’t be surprised, with a solid combine, to see him anywhere from the late 2nd to early 4th. Such a deep WR class but the middle gets kinda muddied by the “pick your flavor” that’s likely to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’m not sure if he can quite reach that ceiling, although I wasn’t sure Landry was going to fully become what he is in the NFL today, but I like that comp. I was hoping he came out last year and the niners would be able to swoop him up in the middle rounds. Not quite sure where his stock is at now but wouldn’t be surprised, with a solid combine, to see him anywhere from the late 2nd to early 4th. Such a deep WR class but the middle gets kinda muddied by the “pick your flavor” that’s likely to happen.

Yeah I don’t know about potential and all that but just the way he moves on the field it reminds me of Landry

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yeah I don’t know about potential and all that but just the way he moves on the field it reminds me of Landry

Very smooth and smart out there with the knack for making some excellent catches and making plays underneath while not being limited to underneath. Not sure what his numbers will look like at the combine but I’m thinking fair but not great which is what I see on the field. He just seems to heady enough to know how to beat his man, find a spot in the coverage and just athletic enough to make some plays when the ball is in his hand. Which is what I saw a lot of with Landry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Very smooth and smart out there with the knack for making some excellent catches and making plays underneath while not being limited to underneath. Not sure what his numbers will look like at the combine but I’m thinking fair but not great which is what I see on the field. He just seems to heady enough to know how to beat his man, find a spot in the coverage and just athletic enough to make some plays when the ball is in his hand. Which is what I saw a lot of with Landry. 

Agreed 100%

James Proche, thoughts? Don’t even know who I’d compare him to but man do I like his game. Understands what he’s doing out there, not just running what’s drawn, physical and aggressive at high pointing the ball, has the natural feel of when to go north and when to go east/west after catch maximizing YAC, makes some great catches seem routine and on those same catches once the ball is in his hands it’s not moving or jostling around till he throw it back to the ref. Decent size and athletic ability time wise more than likely but I can see him becoming a favorite option out of the slot for a QB somewhere. Wouldn’t even say he’s necessarily destined for only slot work either. 

Edited by Fureys49ers