Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/5/2020 at 3:18 AM, Broncofan said:

Likely goes late Day 2 / Early Day 3, but his QB versatility (uber raw), well, it's going to be sought after.   This era's version of Kordell Stewart (but WR first).   Louisville isn't a great D, and neither is Miss St, but he really showed amazing explosiveness as a gadget RPO / Wildcat QB in both games.   Add in the fact he's actually a decent WR, man, there's some serious swiss-army knife potential there on an innovative O.

Although I'm early in my process, this guys my draft binkie. I'd love for the Patriots to target him on Day-3 if he falls.

8 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Very smooth and smart out there with the knack for making some excellent catches and making plays underneath while not being limited to underneath. Not sure what his numbers will look like at the combine but I’m thinking fair but not great which is what I see on the field. He just seems to heady enough to know how to beat his man, find a spot in the coverage and just athletic enough to make some plays when the ball is in his hand. Which is what I saw a lot of with Landry. 

Hill is an excellent blocker for a WR as well, which is something that tends to get overlooked come draft time.  Not afraid to get physical with opposing DB's.  I could see him being an excellent gunner if he is needed on special teams.

8 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Hey guys, I don't want my hometown blinders to be on. can anyone give me a scouting report or their take on WR Tyler Johnson.

rnd projection, strengths and weaknesses you've found in him?

He's a 4th round player in my eyes. 

He isn't quick and doesn't have great speed. Both are ok, but he struggles to create separation. Needs to work on route running.

Personally I have higher hopes for Bateman in a year or two.

Edited by Danger

What do people think about Jeudy and Lamb in the top 10?

I really like both but I'm struggling a little with the thought of taking one with this draft being so deep. Both have all the looks of being a legit #1 in my eyes though.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I really like both but I'm struggling a little with the thought of taking one with this draft being so deep. Both have all the looks of being a legit #1 in my eyes though.

I would sleep incredibly well at night if I drafted either of those guys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

BPA

Lamb is WR1 for me in this draft.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I would sleep incredibly well at night if I drafted either of those guys. 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

BPA

Lamb is WR1 for me in this draft.

That's how I feel but it reminds me of the 2017 draft where we took Fournette in one of the deepest classes ever (although I wasn't huge on a RB that high as is and Fournette hasn't been quite what we had hoped).

Also, I got Lamb as WR1 too. I think Jeudy is right there too though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think there are two philosophies to apply when you have a deep position.  The first is the one you suggest.  No rush to draft a guy high because we can get one later.  The second philosophy is that if there is a deep position group that just means to top guy is likely so good you should jump to draft him.  The later is my feeling.  Of course, you better be sure about your draft grades.

You could apply a similar philosophy to DE.  Why draft Chase Young so high when there are a bevy of good pass rushers.   

Edited by offbyone

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Other than positional value, I'm not really sure what's not to like about those two.  They're relatively clean prospects who are going to slot in as WR1 for most teams.  Plug 'n play guys.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's how I feel but it reminds me of the 2017 draft where we took Fournette in one of the deepest classes ever (although I wasn't huge on a RB that high as is and Fournette hasn't been quite what we had hoped).

Also, I got Lamb as WR1 too. I think Jeudy is right there too though.

To be honest, I think there's barely any separation to Ruggs in terms of talent too. 

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think there are two philosophies to apply when you have a deep position.  The first is the one you suggest.  No rush to draft a guy high because we can get one later.  The second philosophy is that if there is a deep position group that just means to top guy is likely so good you should jump to draft him.  The later is my feeling.  Of course, you better be sure about your draft grades.

That's a good point, I just figure there's going to be several guys that also outplay their draft position because of the deep class.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Other than positional value, I'm not really sure what's not to like about those two.  They're relatively clean prospects who are going to slot in as WR1 for most teams.  Plug 'n play guys.

Mostly just a question of is it smart to take an elite prospect high when there's such a deep class at the same position that likely will also include several #1/high end #2 types if you wait. Especially in a situation like JAX, you have two other picks in the top 41-42 picks.

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

To be honest, I think there's barely any separation to Ruggs in terms of talent too. 

I like Ruggs a lot too but last time I checked he had like a 10 percent drop rate?

Feel like the other two are more safe, clear cut #1 types. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Mostly just a question of is it smart to take an elite prospect high when there's such a deep class at the same position that likely will also include several #1/high end #2 types if you wait. Especially in a situation like JAX, you have two other picks in the top 41-42 picks.

Depends on your current team composition, and the depth of your WRs.  If you've got a bunch of 2/3s on the roster already, it makes sense to have Jeudy/Lamb.  They're probably a cut ahead of everyone else on your roster, where as if you've already got a true #1 established.  You can probably hold off on taking one early because of the depth of the class.

• Like 2