Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Depends on your current team composition, and the depth of your WRs.  If you've got a bunch of 2/3s on the roster already, it makes sense to have Jeudy/Lamb.  They're probably a cut ahead of everyone else on your roster, where as if you've already got a true #1 established.  You can probably hold off on taking one early because of the depth of the class.

I'd say Chark has a legit shot to be a #1 but still kind of tbd.

That's fair though.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I'd say Chark has a legit shot to be a #1 but still kind of tbd.

That's fair though.

I think it just depends on how you weigh need vs depth of the class as a whole.  Is the difference between Lamb/Jeudy and that second tier WR bigger than say the gap between Kristian Fulton and the next CB.  Or whatever your need is.  It's not a black and white decision.  It's incredibly fluid.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it just depends on how you weigh need vs depth of the class as a whole.  Is the difference between Lamb/Jeudy and that second tier WR bigger than say the gap between Kristian Fulton and the next CB.  Or whatever your need is.  It's not a black and white decision.  It's incredibly fluid.

That's where I'm at though.

I feel like the difference between an OT like Wirfs/Thomas/Wills is bigger to the next OT then Lamb/Jeudy vs. Ruggs (although the hype he's getting he may end up being gone closer to them then I thought), Shenault, Higgins, Jefferson, etc.

Simmons is another guy I expect to be a target and he just seems one of a kind to me and definitely has a larger gap to the rest of the LBs I'd say. Then you have Brown who is also a freak and in a league of his own.

Will say, for a young QB like Gardner getting a guy that likely can step in immediately and help with fewer bumps like Lamb or Jeudy would likely be huge for his development though (regardless of how you feel about him, I know he's kind of volatile on here).

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I like Ruggs a lot too but last time I checked he had like a 10 percent drop rate?

Feel like the other two are more safe, clear cut #1 types. 

I wouldn't worry about his catch rate, he's extremely good in contested situations - there's nothing wrong with his hands. His speed is incredible though, such a weapon to have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

That's a good point, I just figure there's going to be several guys that also outplay their draft position because of the deep class.

Agree with this, but if your scouting department truly has them rated at the top then that should be where you target them.  It would be one thing if you have a 1st round grade on a WR and he falls to the 3rd round and you pick him up because he was far and away the best value out there.   It is another if you need a WR and play the waiting game hoping that one falls below what you expect.  If you really need a top guy and plan to fill that need in the draft, I think you are playing with fire by waiting for a BPA kind of faller who might be way better than the draft position.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:05 AM, vikes635 said:

Hey guys, I don't want my hometown blinders to be on. can anyone give me a scouting report or their take on WR Tyler Johnson.

rnd projection, strengths and weaknesses you've found in him?

I'd say mid-second to early-third round on the projection. His strengths are his quickness/twitch, his route running (and overall technical parts of the game), his hands, his body control, and his football IQ. His weaknesses are strength/physicality (doesn't lack the mentality but needs to get stronger), concentration drops, and his fairly average speed (but he's deceptive enough with it that he can get over the top). I see him as a Z or a S in the NFL. Tyler Boyd and Robert Woods are two guys who have similar games imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd say mid-second to early-third round on the projection. His strengths are his quickness/twitch, his route running (and overall technical parts of the game), his hands, his body control, and his football IQ. His weaknesses are strength/physicality (doesn't lack the mentality but needs to get stronger), concentration drops, and his fairly average speed (but he's deceptive enough with it that he can get over the top). I see him as a Z or a S in the NFL. Tyler Boyd and Robert Woods are two guys who have similar games imo.

Yeah, guys like that aren't usually in high demand around draft day - but they're usually a surer bet to have productive NFL careers. 

• Like 2

The Saints have a somewhat late 3rd round pick (no 2nd round pick). Which WR might be there to team up with CGM? Ideally we’d find a WR who can work the short to intermediate routes while offering a little something as a deep threat. I think lots of draftniks have us pegged down for a deep threat speedster type at WR because we have CGM, but the truth is that I don’t think that Brees’s game anymore and we already have TreQuan Smith and Deonte Harris to fill that role, and Brees’s doesn’t have the arm anymore to do that. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints have a somewhat late 3rd round pick (no 2nd round pick). Which WR might be there to team up with CGM? Ideally we’d find a WR who can work the short to intermediate routes while offering a little something as a deep threat. I think lots of draftniks have us pegged down for a deep threat speedster type at WR because we have CGM, but the truth is that I don’t think that Brees’s game anymore and we already have TreQuan Smith and Deonte Harris to fill that role, and Brees’s doesn’t have the arm anymore to do that. 

I personally really like Jalen Reagor’s game as a compliment to what the Saints already have. Reagor could easily make plays for you guys underneath while also providing another speed dimension to your team to go a long with Smith and Harris as you mentioned. Play him in the slot with MT outside, Cook stretching defenses in the middle, and Kamara doing his thing and it’ll be difficult to focus a number of defenders on any one person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I personally really like Jalen Reagor’s game as a compliment to what the Saints already have. Reagor could easily make plays for you guys underneath while also providing another speed dimension to your team to go a long with Smith and Harris as you mentioned. Play him in the slot with MT outside, Cook stretching defenses in the middle, and Kamara doing his thing and it’ll be difficult to focus a number of defenders on any one person.

I’m hoping Reagor is available mid Rd2.    I’m not sure there.  Even with the WR depth it would be a massive upset if he made it to Rd3 IMO.  He and Ruggs are going to be the burners of the draft.   Those guys rarely drop that far now.   If the Saints want him they are going to have to move way up imo. 

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yeah I like that fit a lot. 

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’m hoping Reagor is available mid Rd2.    I’m not sure there.  Even with the WR depth it would be a massive upset if he made it to Rd3 IMO.  He and Ruggs are going to be the burners of the draft.   Those guys rarely drop that far now.   If the Saints want him they are going to have to move way up imo. 

I was thinking with the Saints 1st. Speed WRs get a lot of attention come draft time. Saints could also trade back a little to try and recoup some picks and still possibly land him. KJ Hamler is the smaller, slot, speed guy I expect to go end of 2nd/3rd round.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think that after the combine Reagor will be a first round pick. That guy has so much speed! So explosive! Creates easy separation... Traits that do well in today's pass-happy NFL. 
I'd be shocked if he's still on the board after pick 35, personally. 
I would like the Seahawks (my favorite team) to draft him with their FRP.