Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd say mid-second to early-third round on the projection. His strengths are his quickness/twitch, his route running (and overall technical parts of the game), his hands, his body control, and his football IQ. His weaknesses are strength/physicality (doesn't lack the mentality but needs to get stronger), concentration drops, and his fairly average speed (but he's deceptive enough with it that he can get over the top). I see him as a Z or a S in the NFL. Tyler Boyd and Robert Woods are two guys who have similar games imo.

I agree he is 2nd round to 3rd round as a draft pick.  In terms of character he is very high up there.  Had 141 receiving yards as a freshman in college, and ended his career as the leader in touchdowns and receptions in the Gophers history.  He has gotten better every single year and his work ethic is outstanding.  Does have issues with drops at times which is odd, but when he plays aggressively he is a great receiver regardless of his 40 time.  Kid can ball and should be a great pro and a perfect locker room guy.  His ability to get open and make contested catches is impressive.

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I was thinking with the Saints 1st. Speed WRs get a lot of attention come draft time. Saints could also trade back a little to try and recoup some picks and still possibly land him. KJ Hamler is the smaller, slot, speed guy I expect to go end of 2nd/3rd round.

Yeah if they want him they should take him with their first pick. But I think that KJ Hamler is a very good prospect in his own right and a trade back + more picks and Hamler would be a better option than just Reagor in the first for the Saints, seeing as they don't have a 2nd rounder and not so much draft selections. 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:01 PM, Counselor said:

Does anyone else see Jarvis Landry in KJ Hill?

That’s a pretty good college comparison. I’m just not sure how good Hill will be in the NFL though. Their styles are very similar. KJ Hill is probably not going to test well, at least in the 40 yard dash. Which would be similar to Jarvis Landry coming out I’d venture to guess. I just don’t think Hill has the same overall athleticism coming out. Hill is smart and will find openings in the zones. I don’t think he is going to win man to man matchups in the NFL though, and I see him more as a day three pick then probably most analysts at this point. In the right system and with the right quarterback/chemistry, maybe he could stick. 

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree he is 2nd round to 3rd round as a draft pick.  In terms of character he is very high up there.  Had 141 receiving yards as a freshman in college, and ended his career as the leader in touchdowns and receptions in the Gophers history.  He has gotten better every single year and his work ethic is outstanding.  Does have issues with drops at times which is odd, but when he plays aggressively he is a great receiver regardless of his 40 time.  Kid can ball and should be a great pro and a perfect locker room guy.  His ability to get open and make contested catches is impressive.

Is weird he hasn't had a Senior Bowl invite. Whilst I really like him, it seems possible that the league views him as a lesser talent. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Is weird he hasn't had a Senior Bowl invite. Whilst I really like him, it seems possible that the league views him as a lesser talent. 

That is odd, he is better than at least 7 receivers on that senior bowl roster.  Taking Kalija Lipscomb, Quartney Davis and Collin Johnson over Tyler Johnson in the draft?  Could get some flack for that I would say, he is way better than all of those guys and a few others.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is odd, he is better than at least 7 receivers on that senior bowl roster.  Taking Kalija Lipscomb, Quartney Davis and Collin Johnson over Tyler Johnson in the draft?  Could get some flack for that I would say, he is way better than all of those guys and a few others.  

Yep agreed, perhaps he has a big East-West week and gets a call up from that. 

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

There have been a few reports that the NFL doesn't see him nearly as high as the draft community actually. 

I would say the combine is more important than the Senior Bowl, if Johnson would not get a combine invite that would be flat insane and could be more important arguably.  If people do not think he is a good player they are not paying attention to his amazing progression he has made as a receiver over the past four years.  Kid can work.

Late round WR prospect I want to through out there. Likely 4-6th round guy. Nevada WR Elijah Cooks. Popped off the screen in this years Bowl Game. Former Nevada BBall player. 

6'4 215lbs Junior. Not sure if he will come out this year or not is the question. Could pack on another 20lbs and be an Evan Engram type TE

2019 Stats: 76 receptions, 926 yards, 8 TD.

Bowl Game: 14 receptions , 197 yards, 1 TD.

Attacked the ball well, physical receiver, soft hands. 

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

He's pretty old at 24 and the physical talents aren't anything to write home about, but Van Jefferson is so polished. The son of a receivers coach and it shows. 

Polish matters in the NFL. Most underrated characteristic IMO.

I saw his cutup on Stingley. Man's underrated. Definitely deserves early day 3 consideration.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

He's pretty old at 24 and the physical talents aren't anything to write home about, but Van Jefferson is so polished. The son of a receivers coach and it shows. 

Eh, I'm torn on him. Wouldn't be surprised if he's another Tajae Sharpe. Yeah, Van runs good routes and catches the ball well, but he struggles with physicality, has a motor that can run hot and cold, and isn't an overly dynamic athlete.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, I'm torn on him. Wouldn't be surprised if he's another Tajae Sharpe. Yeah, Van runs good routes and catches the ball well, but he struggles with physicality, has a motor that can run hot and cold, and isn't an overly dynamic athlete.

Can some times struggle with his smaller frame, but if I want a 4th receiver who can come in right away then he''s who I would take. There's so much he does do well.