Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/19/2020 at 11:36 AM, Ozzy said:

Yeah he is not 6-6, Gibson is a stud though after the catch, played RB a lot this year and was really productive.  Could be hell to bring down in the open field as a receiver.  

Still no Tyler Johnson at the Senior bowl?   Had two mid level games in the NFLPA and the Shrine yesterday without him as well obviously.  He better be invited to the combine at least.  Thought he and Rodney Smith accepted invites to the Shrine but I guess not, did not see them on the roster or in the game yesterday.

Yeah I have not heard anything on them as far as that goes either. I'm sure with Johnson's bowl game performance he will get a combine invite but there is nothing real special about Rodney Smith so I don't think he will. Don't get me wrong smith is a nice well rounded back and waits for holes to develop and isn't a liability in the passing game but he also isn't going to be a game changer imo. 

Must have just wrote the height down wrong, thanks for the incite.

Edited by vikes635

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

Yeah I have not heard anything on them as far as that goes either. I'm sure with Johnson's bowl game performance he will get a combine invite but there is nothing real special about Rodney Smith so I don't think he will. Don't get me wrong smith is a nice well rounded back and waits for holes to develop and isn't a liability in the passing game but he also isn't going to be a game changer imo. 

Must have just wrote the height down wrong, thanks for the incite.

Johnson reportedly opted out of the Shrine Game.

Just getting into the receivers now. I’ve seen Ceedee Lamb often comp’d to DeAndre Hopkins and I’ve got to be honest, I don’t really love the comparison. They have similar builds and are both fantastic route runners, but feel as though Lamb’s best attribute might be his YAC (dude is physical as hell), while when I think of D-Hop I think of ball skills and body control. 

Maybe I just haven’t watched enough (I’ve only watched him vs Texas Tech and Texas).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Just getting into the receivers now. I’ve seen Ceedee Lamb often comp’d to DeAndre Hopkins and I’ve got to be honest, I don’t really love the comparison. They have similar builds and are both fantastic route runners, but feel as though Lamb’s best attribute might be his YAC (dude is physical as hell), while when I think of D-Hop I think of ball skills and body control. 

Maybe I just haven’t watched enough (I’ve only watched him vs Texas Tech and Texas).

I think Jeudy is closer to Hopkins. Lamb is Tyler Boyd up until the catch, and then he turns into a tall and lean Kamara.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Still no one talking about Isaiah Hodgins from Oregon State? I know it's a deep class so he's getting buried.

Anyone have any thoughts on him?  I like him quite a bit.

He flashed when I was watching their LT (who didn't impress). But I haven't evaluated him yet.