Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Brandon Marshall played at like 235. Lamb is straight up skinny. They do have sone similar skills, but Marshall was frightening after the catch. 

I get the girth difference, but Lamb is going to have to bulk up in the NFL his play style is too physical for him to remain that thin. Lamb is actually terrifying to me after the catch. I think that is his greatest value (even above his sneaky good route running) he just nows how to get down the field, either through or around. 

I just think, in his prime, Lamb will need to play somewhere around 220 in order to truly reach his ceiling imo. 

Him and Marshall both have vacuum tubes for hands, both run nice clean routes, always open, breaks a lot of tackles, and cares little about defenders attached to their hips. As prospects I think their only difference is one is built like a TE. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

I get the girth difference, but Lamb is going to have to bulk up in the NFL his play style is too physical for him to remain that thin. Lamb is actually terrifying to me after the catch. I think that is his greatest value (even above his sneaky good route running) he just nows how to get down the field, either through or around. 

I just think, in his prime, Lamb will need to play somewhere around 220 in order to truly reach his ceiling imo. 

Him and Marshall both have vacuum tubes for hands, both run nice clean routes, always open, breaks a lot of tackles, and cares little about defenders attached to their hips. As prospects I think their only difference is one is built like a TE. 

Lamb will lose so much of his game if he bulks up to 220. 

On 1/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, Counselor said:

Sometimes I feel like these whack a do amateur sports writers browse our forum and steal our comparisons or evaluations. Unless some of you are these undercover trash column sports writers. Just read a yahoo article released today making this comparison.

Some of the 'pros' read it for ideas/research as I've seen things here many times before TV media hypes it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's illogical at best.

How so? I just believe his game invites punishment, not a bad thing just his style of play. In his prime, he’s just gonna be injured a lot if a doesn’t add weight to his frame, because he just takes hits. He is just thin. Like super thin. 

9 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

How so? I just believe his game invites punishment, not a bad thing just his style of play. In his prime, he’s just gonna be injured a lot if a doesn’t add weight to his frame, because he just takes hits. He is just thin. Like super thin. 

Let's look at the leading WRs from last year.

Michael Thomas - 6'3", 212
Julio Jones - 6'3", 220
Chris Godwin - 6'1", 209
Devante Parker - 6'3", 209
Keenan Allen - 6'2", 206
Kenny Golloday - 6'4", 218
Amari Cooper - 6'1", 208
DJ Moore - 6'0", 210
Jarvis Landry - 5'11", 205

According to the OU website, he was listed at 6'2, 189.  He's projected to run a high 4.4, low 4.5 forty and you're asking him to pack on 30 pounds?  I don't see you making this same argument against Jerry Jeudy who is listed at 6'1", 192.  CeeDee Lamb was ridiculously productive at Oklahoma, and was easily the best offensive weapon in the conference.   But the notion he needs to pack on 30+ pounds to be successful is ridiculous.  There's no magic number that's going to keep him healthy.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Let's look at the leading WRs from last year.

Michael Thomas - 6'3", 212
Julio Jones - 6'3", 220
Chris Godwin - 6'1", 209
Devante Parker - 6'3", 209
Keenan Allen - 6'2", 206
Kenny Golloday - 6'4", 218
Amari Cooper - 6'1", 208
DJ Moore - 6'0", 210
Jarvis Landry - 5'11", 205

According to the OU website, he was listed at 6'2, 189.  He's projected to run a high 4.4, low 4.5 forty and you're asking him to pack on 30 pounds?  I don't see you making this same argument against Jerry Jeudy who is listed at 6'1", 192.  CeeDee Lamb was ridiculously productive at Oklahoma, and was easily the best offensive weapon in the conference.   But the notion he needs to pack on 30+ pounds to be successful is ridiculous.  There's no magic number that's going to keep him healthy.

It seems to me that durability is pretty random and not really connected to height and weight. For example, I remember when Goff and Wentz were coming out, people were concerned about Goff's durability because he's rail thin despite the fact that he had been much more durable in college than Wentz. In the NFL, Goff is still thin. Wentz is still a thickly built, large QB. Yet, Wentz has struggled to stay healthy. Goff hasn't. We could point to a million other examples of that. I think looking at injury history in college is much more telling about durability. Even still, there's always going to be an element of randomness to it.

Brandon Aiyuk could sneakily end up being  the most productive WR of this class within the right system. I think he’ll keep climbing up boards and eventually be drafted in the 1st. Probably runs around a 4.35 to 4.37 and actually a good route runner and ball locator, just not that physical. 

He does this short post of 8-10 yards and cuts inside about 2 yards and catches in stride, and then bounces it back out for huge gains. He is money on that route. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think he’ll keep climbing up boards and eventually be drafted in the 1st.

He's already #19 in Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50. Behind Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson, but still that's pretty high overall. Really interesting WR class.

Keenan allen is built like slender man, hasnt hurt him

i thought in recent years guys like Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield going 1st overall, a guy like Aaron Donald becoming the best or one of the best players in the NFL etc etc, the age of being size queens in scouting would die off, buts its still out there