Jump to content
CalhounLambeau

Official 2020 WR Thread

Recommended Posts

Jeudy looks like a blend between Amari Cooper and Julio Jones. Elite elite WR prospect. The best I've evaluated in the last 10 years. At least in terms of floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the next Tyreek Hill (minus the beatings) or DJax level speed demons of this coming draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, byrdbrane said:

Who are the next Tyreek Hill (minus the beatings) or DJax level speed demons of this coming draft?

 

Henry Ruggs III comes to mind, then possibly Lynn Bowden Jr.  Kadarius Toney has some speed but he is more quick than anything and has to become more proven as a WR and I expect him to this season but will see.  Damonte Coxie has some speed to burn and like I already said I think Jerry Jeudy is a burner who can burst deep as quickly as anyone in the nation despite running only a 4.4 at the JR pro day. Jeff Thomas has some great speed also but has to prove himself a lot more.   In terms of a Tyreek Hill type flyer, no one is to that level.  

 

Might have to wait till 2021 with Rondale Moore and KJ Hamler, guys with elite speed and return ability in the special teams game.  Both could be 1st round picks no question in 2021.  

 

 

 

Funny this past year during the season some people did not believe Andy Isabella was a fast football player in terms of straight line speed, and glad he proved it at the combine, that kid can fly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, byrdbrane said:

Who are the next Tyreek Hill (minus the beatings) or DJax level speed demons of this coming draft?

Tyreek Hill level talent is rare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 6:14 PM, byrdbrane said:

Who are the next Tyreek Hill (minus the beatings) or DJax level speed demons of this coming draft?

Jeff Thomas is 4.2 speed fast, but has a horrible catch radius and is built like a preteen. But he’s the fastest player in the draft next year. He has elite short and long speed but you need to be accurate for him to be even remotely effective. He isn’t Tyreek Hill as a player, but he has that kind of speed. Tyreek is capable of shedding arm tackles. You blow on Thomas and he’s going down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 6:25 PM, Ozzy said:

Funny this past year during the season some people did not believe Andy Isabella was a fast football player in terms of straight line speed, and glad he proved it at the combine, that kid can fly.  

 There were people that didn’t think Andy Isabella was fast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

 There were people that didn’t think Andy Isabella was fast?

Yeah I remember arguing with some who thought he was a 4.5 guy especially early on in his career in his SOPH and JR year. They called him quick but not elite in terms of speed which I disagreed with, some thought of him as not a great athlete either which is BS.   

 

55 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jeff Thomas is 4.2 speed fast, but has a horrible catch radius and is built like a preteen. But he’s the fastest player in the draft next year. He has elite short and long speed but you need to be accurate for him to be even remotely effective. He isn’t Tyreek Hill as a player, but he has that kind of speed. Tyreek is capable of shedding arm tackles. You blow on Thomas and he’s going down. 

Yeah Thomas has a ton of speed, will be interesting how he does this season.  I agree he is not that strong and does not break tackles all that well.  Is curious the entire transfer thing last year, what it was because Mark Richt kicked him off the team but then he was fired and then he gets back on the team?  That situation was kind of odd, see how he does this season and prove that there is no off the field stuff to be worried about.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jeff Thomas is 4.2 speed fast, but has a horrible catch radius and is built like a preteen. But he’s the fastest player in the draft next year. He has elite short and long speed but you need to be accurate for him to be even remotely effective. He isn’t Tyreek Hill as a player, but he has that kind of speed. Tyreek is capable of shedding arm tackles. You blow on Thomas and he’s going down. 

Was a big fan of his game when he was at East St.Louis  and tOSU was in on him for a while but I see why they backed off, he is just too erratic of a cat. As a player, he's a complete stud, I best case scenario, I can easily see him as a TY Hilton type of receiver, and low end, Shane Wynn type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Is curious the entire transfer thing last year, what it was because Mark Richt kicked him off the team but then he was fired and then he gets back on the team?  That situation was kind of odd, see how he does this season and prove that there is no off the field stuff to be worried about.    

Yeah. He is a moron though. Missed a bunch of meetings and by all accounts was not a great teammate.

He will, however, have a massive upgrade in QB and scheme this year. I expect him to have a great season, but questions about his character and his size will scare off a lot of teams. And it's not like Hollywood Brown, who played bigger than his size. Jeff Thomas plays like a 5'8, 170 pounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to pay close attention to Collin this year. All I want to see him do is get more physical with DBs. He positions his body well in Jump ball situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm going to pay close attention to Collin this year. All I want to see him do is get more physical with DBs. He positions his body well in Jump ball situations. 

I would not say last year with Collin Johnson being physical or getting jump balls was a problem.  I would say he needs to improve his speed, YAC ability and conditioning along with route running.  He can go get jump balls and make impressive acrobatic catches I feel already.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would not say last year with Collin Johnson being physical or getting jump balls was a problem.  I would say he needs to improve his speed, YAC ability and conditioning along with route running.  He can go get jump balls and make impressive acrobatic catches I feel already.   

Oh, I wasn't saying he needs to improve the jump ball skills. But by being physical is about the YAC for me. I don't want to see him go down as easy. At his size, I don't expect him to shake DBs out their shoes, so I need to see him break more tackles. Route running, I think he's better than most people give him credit for. I don't it's amazing, but I'm not concerned about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Oh, I wasn't saying he needs to improve the jump ball skills. But by being physical is about the YAC for me. I don't want to see him go down as easy. At his size, I don't expect him to shake DBs out their shoes, so I need to see him break more tackles. Route running, I think he's better than most people give him credit for. I don't it's amazing, but I'm not concerned about it. 

I agree he does need to improve his YAC ability for his size no question about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree he does need to improve his YAC ability for his size no question about it.  

If he does that, he's going to be so much fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone on the Marquez Stevenson train or do yall gotta wait to see him do it again for another season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×