Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 2/18/2020 at 4:44 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Jeff Thomas will run a 4.2. But he’s a total me-first diva despite having an infantile build and a catch radius the size of a penny. I wouldn’t draft him. 

He's intriguing on Day 3 because of how gifted he is, but yeah, he is a head case.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's intriguing on Day 3 because of how gifted he is, but yeah, he is a head case.

I don’t even think he’s that gifted. He sucks at running routes and his catch radius is hilariously small. But he’ll end up going in the 3rd-4th based on his combine numbers.

People will point to his QB situation for why he sucks, but it’s much more on Thomas than it is on the garbage pile of QBs that he had. Thomas was hardly ever “open” the way other speed guys get open. Plus he’s not really a RAC threat given he goes down if you blow on him.

I think he’s fools gold big-time. Before factoring in the psychosis that exists within that slight frame. 

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t even think he’s that gifted. He sucks at running routes and his catch radius is hilariously small. But he’ll end up going in the 3rd-4th based on his combine numbers.

People will point to his QB situation for why he sucks, but it’s much more on Thomas than it is on the garbage pile of QBs that he had. Thomas was hardly ever “open” the way other speed guys get open. Plus he’s not really a RAC threat given he goes down if you blow on him.

I think he’s fools gold big-time. Before factoring in the psychosis that exists within that slight frame. 

Sounds like VanS’ type of receiver. He should look into his eyes. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, Daniel said:

Jeudy. I have him graded higher than AJ Brown last year by a substantial margin, and he was my top WR last year.  I really think he ticks all the boxes.

Plus, I wasn't in love with Cooper when he came out.  I was in love with Kevin White, but let's gloss over that one.

Really? I see Jeudy as a more glorified version of Calvin Ridley with a better step in athletic ability. 

Cooper to me was on a different level in terms of play and physical ability. 

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

20 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I doubt it. I think it’s more likely teams will pass on receiver early knowing a similar prospect can be had a round (or two) later. 

2014's legendary draft class had what, 17-18 in the first 3.5 rounds (and 14 in the first 3)....so yeah, that seems awful click-baity for sure.

20 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Instant respect for someone who calls himself out for liking a bust.  We've all been there.  Very few admit it.

Me?  I was all over Tim Williams on the EDGE.  Whif!

Jake Locker
Michael Floyd
Blake Bortles
Marcus Mariota
Leonard Fournette

Were some of my biggest flubs.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Who's the one guy everyone else seems to love that you just don't get? 

For me it's Shenault.

I would say Henry Ruggs — not because I don’t see his speed and talent, but his low production numbers worry me a bit, as well as I don’t see him as being very elusive, just straight-line speed.  I honestly think Jaylen Waddle is a better player in Alabama’s system.

If he’s on the board at #21 I won’t complain if the Eagles draft him; the Eagles need speed in a big way.  I would be a bit ticked if the Eagles give up draft capital to trade into the top 10 to land him, though 

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Who's the one guy everyone else seems to love that you just don't get? 

For me it's Shenault.

Other than the obvious (Love), I don't think K'Lavon Chaisson is a first rounder.  Classic edge that has no production behind him and just on physical profile.  He screams Kevin Dodd to me.  Not that I think he'll bust that hard, he has moves, but I am not spending a first round pick on an edge that doesn't actually produce on the field, no matter how well he passes the eyeball test.

Bradley Anae too, though not everyone loves him, I think I have him way lower than most others do.

Remind me of this post when he destroys the combine and I hop right up on that hype train though.

I honestly have not watched a whole game of Shenault yet.  Just highlights.

33 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

I would say Henry Ruggs — not because I don’t see his speed and talent, but his low production numbers worry me a bit, as well as I don’t see him as being very elusive, just straight-line speed.  I honestly think Jaylen Waddle is a better player in Alabama’s system.

If he’s on the board at #21 I won’t complain if the Eagles draft him; the Eagles need speed in a big way.  I would be a bit ticked if the Eagles give up draft capital to trade into the top 10 to land him, though 

TBH out of the four, I like DeVonta Smith the most. Crazy that there's a good chance they have 4 WRs go in the 1st round in 2 years.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Other than the obvious (Love), I don't think K'Lavon Chaisson is a first rounder.  Classic edge that has no production behind him and just on physical profile.  He screams Kevin Dodd to me.  Not that I think he'll bust that hard, he has moves, but I am not spending a first round pick on an edge that doesn't actually produce on the field, no matter how well he passes the eyeball test.

Bradley Anae too, though not everyone loves him, I think I have him way lower than most others do.

Remind me of this post when he destroys the combine and I hop right up on that hype train though.

I honestly have not watched a whole game of Shenault yet.  Just highlights.

Anae would probably be good for the Eagles, but not all teams. He has T-Rex arms, but that hasn't stopped Brandon Graham from doing what he's done here.