Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jefferson made himself a 1st Round lock with that 4.43 40, even if it’s the final few picks. Most already had him as an Early 2nd Rounder anyways with a projected 4.52ish time. 

Okay, Justin, got it. I was mad confused for a second.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:02 PM, HoboRocket said:

I don't know about any of you guys, but Justin Jefferson is really intriguing me. Thought that he was a product of the LSU point machine, and perhaps he is, to an extent, but watching him play he gives off serious vibes of a combo between Nuk and Marvin Jones.

Thought it's worth putting it back out there. His deep ball ability really DOES scream Marvin Jones to me. Looks like he's more athletic than Marvin, though.

I read on another site that Tee Higgins is "resting" instead of doing the drills. Yeah, he is resting because he ran 4.75 in high school and like Chase Young it's probably very representative. 

More and more of these guys are going to strategically skip. Let's face it, even though it worked out for him in Seattle there is no question DK Metcalf would have been drafted considerably higher last year if he hadn't done those agility drills and tested much slower than Tom Brady in both the 3-cone and short shuttle. Metcalf had already posted a poor 4.44 in the shuttle during those high school tests. It rose slightly to 4.50 once he bulked up so much in college.

If these kids get agents who are sharp on the testing aspect instead of merely the monetary aspect there will be more and more cases of yes I'll do that drill but no I won't do this one.

At wide receiver the slow guys like Higgins should not do the 40. The time is not nearly as meaningful as the NFL prefers to believe but as long as the stupid scouts are drafting it that way you have to play to their biases.

• Like 2

Tee Higgins could be like Hakeem Butler last year. Butler was constantly mocked End of 1st but fell to the 4th Round. Higgins “resting” is just gonna tell teams his High School 40 of 4.75 is still accurate, which is horrendous. 

I personally have Higgins as my 29th ranked prospect but at this point I would not be shocked at all with a huge 2-3 Round tumble. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

How do you guys think NFL teams approach drafting receiver this year?

Is there going to be a crazy amount of them taken early (1-3)?

Or will teams forego receiver early (for less available position groups) and push quality receivers down the board knowing they can get a similarly ranked receiver later?

How many go in the 1st? Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, and Ruggs seem like locks. While Shenault, Higgins, Reagor and Aiyuk have a good chance to hear their name in the first too. 

I think offensive line and corner will be snatched up faster than the wide receivers. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

Apparently because he’s not 6’2.

Like Odell Beckham, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Steve Smith, TY Hilton, Julian Edelman, DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Steve Largent, Wes Welker, Isaac Bruce, Tyreek Hill... yeah I could do this forever.

Hey You left off N'Keal Harry !!!!!! The 6' 2" piano carrying monster! :(:(:(

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Feel bad for the guys calling Reagor stiff right now

I have to admit. He didn't live up to his draft hype at the combine.  IMO I would not be surprised if Jefferson goes a lot higher than people realize.  He my top WR in this draft. Again its IMO and what I like when I consider the player. Not in any order.  School, production, competition , versatility and skill level, quickness and last but not least dependability.

Note,  I always like LSU receiver. I hesitate with  FLA Gaters  and OK Sooners. Most never live up to the hype in the pros. Side note Lamb did look damn good!

PS    I hated N Harry pick and my team picks him in the 1st friggen RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes