Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

His talent is undeniable but the injury risk and now no Pro Day, a fall outside the top 7-8 WR isn’t crazy.    For a guy talked about as a top 3 WR heading into 2019 that’s really disappointing.   

Shocking. 

I didn't love him as an opening round pick to start with just based on him as a player, but the injuries should guarantee that he's a day 2 pick. I'm thinking picked in the 55 range. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shocking. 

I didn't love him as an opening round pick to start with just based on him as a player, but the injuries should guarantee that he's a day 2 pick. I'm thinking picked in the 55 range. 

He'll be fine once he's healthy. I remember a certain wr last yr that had the talent but people questioned his durability. 

Just now, sherm said:

He'll be fine once he's healthy. I remember a certain wr last yr that had the talent but people questioned his durability. 

And then maybe it's something else. 

But honestly, such a weird comment. I mean, of course there are prospects whose durability could be questioned that turned out okay. There are also prospects who had durability questioned that didn't. I'm not sure what a single player from last year has anything to do with Shenault. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Shocking. 

A 4-6 week abdominal injury wouldn’t scare me off of him.  He will likely slide from the 15-24 range he was at down to end of first or beginning second round, but I still see him as a dynamic prospect 

31 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

A 4-6 week abdominal injury wouldn’t scare me off of him.  He will likely slide from the 15-24 range he was at down to end of first or beginning second round, but I still see him as a dynamic prospect 

It's not about a single abdominal injury

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That was my point with my previous post. He's no worse for a future injury than any other guy u draft. His injury history is getting overblown. If this core injury checks out by the time of the draft I wouldn't hold that against him. Like I said these convos are similar to both our top 2 picks last yr. Most college players have had some type of injury history to look over. The rare haven't missed a gm or major injury every yr are not the norm. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

It’s about usage.  He caught 86 passes in 10 games in 2018 in who knows how many targets, in addition to being used as a RB in a wildcat formation.  He’s a guy that plays to heavy contact and normally takes 2-3 guys to bring him to the ground.  

Because he plays a physical style, an NFL coach needs to know how to use him.  If you’re using him like Colorado did and running him between the tackles out of the wildcat he’s probably going to be injury prone.  If you scheme him into open space and use his versatility to create 1-on-1 mismatches, then you have a weapon. 

Really hoping he’s not available when the Saints pick.  Payton would create a monster with him along with Thomas and Kamara

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

His talent is undeniable but the injury risk and now no Pro Day, a fall outside the top 7-8 WR isn’t crazy.    For a guy talked about as a top 3 WR heading into 2019 that’s really disappointing.   

It's the same injury he had during the season, gutted out to play and then kept gutting it out so he could do the Combine. Turned out to be a bad choice. Hopefully this let's him fall right to #30 and our big slot position. Viska is a 4.4s guy, watch the quick screen versus USC and him gain ground at full speed from those DBs. He doesn't get caught on tape. I think he needs to play in the high 210s, at 225+ he's too rocked up, he's maxed that frame, those guys are always injury prone.

• Like 1

Injuries aside, plenty of people have concerns with Shenaults tape. I’ve seen four different scouts compare him to basically a slower Cordarrelle Patterson, DJ included. I also see this on tape. Combine that with his injury issues, and you could see him picked at the end of the 3rd Round. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Injuries aside, plenty of people have concerns with Shenaults tape. I’ve seen four different scouts compare him to basically a slower Cordarrelle Patterson, DJ included. I also see this on tape. Combine that with his injury issues, and you could see him picked at the end of the 3rd Round. 

I want to say thats an overreaction/hot take but this draft is so deep at WR I could see him being the one to fall as other prospects seem like a "safer" bet.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the same injury he had during the season, gutted out to play and then kept gutting it out so he could do the Combine. Turned out to be a bad choice. Hopefully this let's him fall right to #30 and our big slot position. Viska is a 4.4s guy, watch the quick screen versus USC and him gain ground at full speed from those DBs. He doesn't get caught on tape. I think he needs to play in the high 210s, at 225+ he's too rocked up, he's maxed that frame, those guys are always injury prone.

God I hope this doesn’t happen.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Injuries aside, plenty of people have concerns with Shenaults tape. I’ve seen four different scouts compare him to basically a slower Cordarrelle Patterson, DJ included. I also see this on tape. Combine that with his injury issues, and you could see him picked at the end of the 3rd Round

Patterson is a lazy comparison.  His development at WR was hindered because he was seen and used as a ST dynamo.  Shenault will be developed full time as a WR

The only people who see Shenault as an end of 3rd round prospect are the same combine junkies who suddenly see Denzel Mims shoot from a late 3rd round prospect to a first round pick 

2 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Patterson is a lazy comparison.  His development at WR was hindered because he was seen and used as a ST dynamo.  Shenault will be developed full time as a WR

The only people who see Shenault as an end of 3rd round prospect are the same combine junkies who suddenly see Denzel Mims shoot from a late 3rd round prospect to a first round pick 

I said he could fall to the End of 3rd with his gametape and injury history combination. Without injuries he’s probably a Late 2nd Round Talent, at least in my eyes. I have never seen him as a 1st Rounder, and I’ve watched quite a bit of his tape. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I said he could fall to the End of 3rd with his gametape and injury history combination. Without injuries he’s probably a Late 2nd Round Talent, at least in my eyes. I have never seen him as a 1st Rounder, and I’ve watched quite a bit of his tape. 

Time will tell.  A lot will happen with Pro Days and Official Visits; Shenault cannot improve his stock in that process as he will be shut down until draft day.

My guess at the draft for WR is Jeudy and Lamb gone by 12, Ruggs by 15, Jefferson by 21.  That leaves teams toward the end of the first round looking at Shenault, Higgins, Reagor, or waiting until the 2nd round to draft WR.  Saints, Packers, and Patriots all have big need at WR toward the end of the first round.  Based on game tape and Combine Shenault is still a better prospect than Higgins or Reagor -- certainly better than Aiyuk or Mims or Claypool.