Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 7/5/2019 at 9:42 PM, Ozzy said:

I would not say last year with Collin Johnson being physical or getting jump balls was a problem.  I would say he needs to improve his speed, YAC ability and conditioning along with route running.  He can go get jump balls and make impressive acrobatic catches I feel already.   

I don’t think Collin Johnson is slow. He’s got vertical wheels but isn’t quick. But he can run past DBs running vertically just fine IMO. I really like him. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, rickyt31 said:

I'm going to pay close attention to Collin this year. All I want to see him do is get more physical with DBs. He positions his body well in Jump ball situations. 

I get this. At his size, he plays a little soft. If he learns to consistently bully guys his stock will soar. 

He reminds me right now of a skinny Devin Funchess. Okay speed with a solid get off. Decent foot quickness for a long limbed guy. Can make acrobat catches.

But his physicality doesn't match his physical make up. 

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

then he is legit

Why?  I feel Kendal Briles is very similar offense to Holgorsen.  Both air rad type offenses with zone read action, Kendal learned from his dad Art who ran a similar system to Dana Holgorsen.  Art Briles was the RB coach at Texas Tech under Mike Leach and Dana Holgorsen was the WR coach at Texas Tech at that same time and both have similar offenses to Mike Leach when they become head coaches.  Heck Dana Holgorsen was the Houston OC/QB coach after Art Briles left and went to Baylor to be the head coach.    So to say Marquez Stevenson is legit when he plays in a similar offense not sure that is the case.

In terms of Marquez Stevenson the kid has great quicks, great change of direction and big time burst for a WR.  Is small but in the slot that is not a big deal, is great after the catch and knows how to run with the football and make defenders miss.  If he has another season like he did last year could easily come out early as a RS JR WR and be a mid round pick or higher if he runs well.  Would be nice to see him do some more in the return game that would make him even more valuable as a prospect.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Tamorrion Terry is a talented player with decent upside but I would be very surprised if he came out for the draft as a RS SOPH when the JR class is pretty good and there are 6-8 receivers far better than he is along with a few good seniors as well better than him.  Maybe he will blow up this year but even then, it would be hard for him to play that well and rise that high for him to go out for the draft this year I feel.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Tamorrion Terry is a talented player with decent upside but I would be very surprised if he came out for the draft as a RS SOPH when the JR class is pretty good and there are 6-8 receivers far better than he is along with a few good seniors as well better than him.  Maybe he will blow up this year but even then, it would be hard for him to play that well and rise that high for him to go out for the draft this year I feel.

I'm not sure there are a lot better. I feel he can put up 1,200 yards and 12-15 TDs this year. I'll say he is a raw route runner though. But he asked about 3rd or 4th round pick. But you are right, he would be best served to stay another year and play himself into top 50 status with more tape.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I'm not sure there are a lot better. I feel he can put up 1,200 yards and 12-15 TDs this year. I'll say he is a raw route runner though. But he asked about 3rd or 4th round pick. But you are right, he would be best served to stay another year and play himself into top 50 status with more tape.

True but yeah I think it would be foolish of him to come out early when he could arguably be a much higher pick as a RS JR in 2021.  I have these guys as 3rd or 4th round WRs potentially, right now and all are better than Terry outside of the bottom one or two arguably.  Why be a mid to late rounder when you could be a 1st or 2nd rounder developed.  PS he might have a worse year because Blackmon unless he has improved greatly is not as good as Francois throwing the football, Francois is an idiot for how he acted off the field and did but kid did have a nice throwing arm.  He could have done great at FAU but that did not work now is at Hampton which is odd but he can play right away.

Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR
Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Tyler Johnson Minnesota
Tylan Wallace Ok State JR
Donovan People-Jones Michigan JR
Binjimen Victor Ohio State

Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Kadarius Toney Florida JR
KJ Hill Ohio State

Don't worry, SteelKing728 is just worried about the Vikings lack of a 3rd WR and the fact Treadwell is out, Beebe has been so so this preseason and Zylstra does not have a high ceiling.  Lucky for them they will play a lot of two TE sets ;o)

• Like 1