Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Jeudy was a little less athletic than the pre-2019 season hype had him.  Lamb and Rugg's ceiling is higher, but Jeudy is the odds on favorite to have the best rookie year as long as he is in an at least somewhat decent QB sitiation.  I could easily see Jeudy putting up a 60-800-7 line this year.

So that's basically Darius Slayton's rookie stats. Since it turned out Slayton can actually run some routes and catch the football naturally, looking at their size and athletic data, Jeudy is pretty similar to Slayton. B|

Just now, Fullback said:

So that's basically Darius Slayton's rookie stats. Since it turned out Slayton can actually run some routes and catch the football naturally, looking at their size and athletic data, Jeudy is pretty similar to Slayton. B|

Any team that drafts Jeudy should be thrilled if he replicates Slayton's rookie year, Slayton had a great rookie season.  Once a player shows what they are in the big show, you need to leave the old draft prejudices behind.

• Like 1

What is this with people comparing Mims to slow posession receivers. Hes certainly capable of moving the chains but his game tape shows a true deep threat that has to always be accounted for. I still stick to my previous comparisons that his game and physical talent is far closer to a Chad Johnson or a Charles Rogers. 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

What is this with people comparing Mims to slow posession receivers. Hes certainly capable of moving the chains but his game tape shows a true deep threat that has to always be accounted for. I still stick to my previous comparisons that his game and physical talent is far closer to a Chad Johnson or a Charles Rogers.

Reminds me Devante Parker. Has similar body and skill set. He's best when we wins with the vertical gm. I think he can be what Devante Parker was this yr. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

A lot of pundits lately are linking the Bills to Tee Higgins. Ben Allbright mentioned it last week and now Bucky has it in his mock draft.

Am I crazy to prefer Mims for Buffalo at 22?

Seems a bit rich for me on Mims...but I'm also meh on Higgins. Is Jefferson still there? If so I'd take him.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I still stick to my previous comparisons that his game and physical talent is far closer to a Chad Johnson

I don't see that at all. Chad was quicker than fast (but still fast), and relied on his feet to separate. Mims is bigger, more physical, not nearly as quick, and mostly wins with physicality and acrobatics. 

46 minutes ago, sherm said:

Reminds me Devante Parker. Has similar body and skill set. He's best when we wins with the vertical gm. I think he can be what Devante Parker was this yr. 

This is much better.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Am I crazy to prefer Mims for Buffalo at 22?

Honestly, I'd have no problem with it. After the top 3 receivers are off the board, the next two to go are likely Mims and Jefferson. They're the cleanest receivers of the next group. The rest have question marks right now which will push them down some boards. I have a tough time seeing him get out of the first, so taking him at 22 isn't what I would call a reach.

As for the fit in Buffalo, Mims is perfect. The Bills badly need a big boundary receiver like him to pair with Josh Allen. Higgins fits that mold too, but we still need to wait and see how he tests. Besides Mims, there's Jefferson, but I think they would prefer someone like Mims over a slot guy with Cole Beasley already filling that role on the roster. Plus, as an added bonus, Mims might be the best run blocking receiver in the draft. And we all know what they like to do in Buffalo. McDermott might fall in love.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

As for the fit in Buffalo, Mims is perfect. The Bills badly need a big boundary receiver like him to pair with Josh Allen. Higgins fits that mold too, but we still need to wait and see how he tests. Besides Mims, there's Jefferson, but I think they would prefer someone like Mims over a slot guy with Cole Beasley already filling that role on the roster. Plus, as an added bonus, Mims might be the best run blocking receiver in the draft. And we all know what they like to do in Buffalo. McDermott might fall in love.

Apparently the Bills have had their scouts at several Baylor over the last two years and like you mentioned Mims fits the mold that McDermott would absolutely love. 

I still think the Bills ends up going Edge at 22 but I could them trying to trade up in round 2 if Higgins or Mims fall into the late 30's-40's.

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Apparently the Bills have had their scouts at several Baylor over the last two years and like you mentioned Mims fits the mold that McDermott would absolutely love. 

I still think the Bills ends up going Edge at 22 but I could them trying to trade up in round 2 if Higgins or Mims fall into the late 30's-40's.

I see them going OT in the 1st and moving Ford to guard possibly.  That OL sucked at times last year especially in pass pro. Could go WR 1st round but why, could potentially get Mims 2nd round or better yet Laviska Shenault Jr.  Was never a huge fan of his but 2nd round for them he is a steal and he could drop with that poor combine performance but maybe he was that injured.  Mims, Shenault, Hamler or Aiyuk could all be there 2nd round for them.  RB would be potential a mid to late round selection if Frank Gore retires, so RB might be in play 1st or 2nd round.  They could have the pick of all the best RBs potentially with that 1st round selection, sure Singletary was great last year but Gore was very solid as well not to mention Josh Allen running for 500 yards also.  No way they do not draft a RB at some point if Gore is gone, but maybe they have a lot of confidence in TJ Yeldon which could be another option.

Before I had them taking CB in the 2nd but now with Norman and having Levi Wallace back again that is not happening.  

1 WR Jerry Jeudy   Alabama
2 WR CeeDee Lamb   Oklahoma
3 WR Henry Ruggs III  Alabama
4 WR Laviska Shenault   Colorado
5 WR Tee Higgins   Clemson
6 WR Justin Jefferson   LSU
7 WR Jalen Reagor   TCU
8 WR Denzel Mims   Baylor
9 WR Brandon Aiyuk   Arizona State
10 WR Tyler Johnson   Minnesota
11 WR K.J. Hamler   Penn State
12 WR Michael Pittman Jr.   USC
13 WR Donovan Peoples-Jones   Michigan
14 W/TE Chase Claypool   Notre Dame
15 WR Gabriel Davis   Central Florida

Just now, vikes635 said:
7 WR Jalen Reagor   TCU

Thats how my top 15 rank out currently, These do not reflect any pro days yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vikes635 said:
7 WR Jalen Reagor   TCU

This class is absolutely stacked 

It’s crazy multiple receivers will be available in the third 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Could Justin Jefferson become that next Deandre Hopkins?

Underrated late first round receiver that’s just catches 100 passes a year and 1k yards?

I think he might 

Yeah, I was really high on Hopkins and had been hoping the Vikes would take him. If my memory serves me correct my 2013 wr rankings went something like Hunter, Hopkins, Woods, Patterson, Allen, Austin, Patton, Williams, Dobson, Wheaton, Bailey. I could have a couple of those past 6 flipped around but I'm pretty sure thats how my top six rounded out. Still he fell as many predicted and he ended up being the stud I expected him to be. Now keep in mind I also told anyone and everyone that Michael Floyd was going to be a beast! I remember Loving Crabtree too and going crazy when he dropped.

4 hours ago, vikes635 said:
7 WR Jalen Reagor   TCU

Your list is missing Lynn Bowden Jr, Antonio Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill, Bryan Edwards, etc.

And anyone that puts Chase Claypool at TE is not doing the correct thing, he is a big body WR all the way and has the athletic ability to do it, and I would put Jefferson above Shenault at this point based on his poor combine.  It is a great overall group though no doubt about it.  Even a guy like Gabriel Davis could become a super star with his work ethic and he could be taken in the 3rd or 4th round potentially.