Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't see that at all. Chad was quicker than fast (but still fast), and relied on his feet to separate. Mims is bigger, more physical, not nearly as quick, and mostly wins with physicality and acrobatics. 

Not sure how you can watch his tape and say hes not nearly as quick. Hes a long stride sure, but he hits his top speed quickly on game tape. 

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not sure how you can watch his tape and say hes not nearly as quick. Hes a long stride sure, but he hits his top speed quickly on game tape. 

I think you’re underrating Chad’s quicks a tad. His feet, acceleration and quickness made him the receiver he was. I wouldn’t say that about Mims (who’s quick for his size). 

Ocho was a different breed. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I see them going OT in the 1st and moving Ford to guard possibly.  That OL sucked at times last year especially in pass pro. Could go WR 1st round but why, could potentially get Mims 2nd round or better yet Laviska Shenault Jr.  Was never a huge fan of his but 2nd round for them he is a steal and he could drop with that poor combine performance but maybe he was that injured.  Mims, Shenault, Hamler or Aiyuk could all be there 2nd round for them.  RB would be potential a mid to late round selection if Frank Gore retires, so RB might be in play 1st or 2nd round.  They could have the pick of all the best RBs potentially with that 1st round selection, sure Singletary was great last year but Gore was very solid as well not to mention Josh Allen running for 500 yards also.  No way they do not draft a RB at some point if Gore is gone, but maybe they have a lot of confidence in TJ Yeldon which could be another option.

Before I had them taking CB in the 2nd but now with Norman and having Levi Wallace back again that is not happening.  

Most, if not all Bills fans agree that Ford will be moved into Guard. But I would be surprised to see then go with another rookie RT to start beside him. Bills like Nsehke and will likely try to re-sign Waddle. But I also think they'll look to free agency to fill that role for now. Bryan Bulaga makes a lot of sense for the Bills.

Gore won't be back with the Bills. Buffalo definitely will need a complimentary back to Singletary or a 1b to his 1a. Like you mentioned, there are a lot of options to be had in round 2 at WR which ultimately is where I see the Bills going. 

Mims, Shenault or Aiyuk would all be very good fits in Dabolls offense. 

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think you’re underrating Chad’s quicks a tad. His feet, acceleration and quickness made him the receiver he was. I wouldn’t say that about Mims (who’s quick for his size). 

Ocho was a different breed. 

You should watch Mims more then. Like others have said Baylor did him a disservice of not giving him a larger route tree but when you see him break in and out of cuts the burst and quick feet are there. 

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Your list is missing Lynn Bowden Jr, Antonio Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill, Bryan Edwards, etc.

And anyone that puts Chase Claypool at TE is not doing the correct thing, he is a big body WR all the way and has the athletic ability to do it, and I would put Jefferson above Shenault at this point based on his poor combine.  It is a great overall group though no doubt about it.  Even a guy like Gabriel Davis could become a super star with his work ethic and he could be taken in the 3rd or 4th round potentially.  

I didn't forget those players I just don't have them as high though I feel there could be allot of interchanging. The Next new one I take a closer look at is the next one I want to jump up my list.

Bowden looked great in 1 on 1 drills over senior bowl week but other than you-tube High lights I don't have much senior film on him. I plan to look at last years recordings but Haven't done so yet. Currently have Gandy-Golden at 20 after a poor showing all week during senior bowl I dropped him only 2 spots from the 18th place I had him ranked. I had Edwards 14 before he broke his foot, now I want to see how he does after that heals. Sometimes foot injuries are hard to ever be the same route runner. Nothing much to say about K.J. Hill but I like both the Texas boys more than him so currently he is 19 on my list. I only put the slash TE on claypool due to podcast speculation he could be top dog at this years position.

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Your list is missing Lynn Bowden Jr, Antonio Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill, Bryan Edwards, etc.

And anyone that puts Chase Claypool at TE is not doing the correct thing, he is a big body WR all the way and has the athletic ability to do it, and I would put Jefferson above Shenault at this point based on his poor combine.  It is a great overall group though no doubt about it.  Even a guy like Gabriel Davis could become a super star with his work ethic and he could be taken in the 3rd or 4th round potentially.  

That's his list dude, it's up to him who he puts on it. 

21 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I didn't forget those players I just don't have them as high though I feel there could be allot of interchanging. The Next new one I take a closer look at is the next one I want to jump up my list.

Bowden looked great in 1 on 1 drills over senior bowl week but other than you-tube High lights I don't have much senior film on him. I plan to look at last years recordings but Haven't done so yet. Currently have Gandy-Golden at 20 after a poor showing all week during senior bowl I dropped him only 2 spots from the 18th place I had him ranked. I had Edwards 14 before he broke his foot, now I want to see how he does after that heals. Sometimes foot injuries are hard to ever be the same route runner. Nothing much to say about K.J. Hill but I like both the Texas boys more than him so currently he is 19 on my list. I only put the slash TE on claypool due to podcast speculation he could be top dog at this years position.

I love me some Bryan Edwards. Has Allen Robinson like talent imo.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2019 at 2:54 AM, VanS said:

I'll never understand why people fall for WRs that lack freakish attributes that high in the draft.  Jerry Jeudy is very unremarkable physically.  He just has great collegiate production going for him and that rarely correlates to NFL success.  I wouldn't even rate him in my top 3 receivers for next year's draft.

Here are my top WRs in the 2020 NFL Draft:

1. Tee Higgins (Clemson) - NFL comp: AJ Green

2. Marquez Callaway (Tennessee) - NFL comp: DeAndre Hopkins

3. Bryan Edwards (South Carolina) - NFL comp: Allen Robinson

@jrry32 stop stealing VanS’ comp for Edwards from June.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Bills could spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a WR... Or they could get the WR of our Josh Allen wet-dreams and sign Donald Parham.

6'8"... hit nearly 22 MPH in pads... consistently wrecked people from the slot... Sign me up.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, the Bills could spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a WR... Or they could get the WR of our Josh Allen wet-dreams and sign Donald Parham.

6'8"... hit nearly 22 MPH in pads... consistently wrecked people from the slot... Sign me up.

Or they could trade for Diggs....wait. o.O