Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

What are your thoughts on Isaiah Wright from Temple? I think his kick return and RAC abilities are apparent but he's a guy that I think may be more effective at WR than many expect in the NFL. Anyone have any thoughts, agree or disagree?

In games I watched he had awful hands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Denzel Mims reminds me more of Andre Johnson than he does Chad Johnson.

Andre Johnson? That’s a crazy rich comparison. He’s nowhere near as physical. And he only runs 1 route. He’s not as physical at the catch point. Not as good after the catch. 

They’re both tall and fast. That’s the only real comparison between the two. And I love Mims. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Andre Johnson? That’s a crazy rich comparison. He’s nowhere near as physical. And he only runs 1 route. He’s not as physical at the catch point. Not as good after the catch. 

They’re both tall and fast. That’s the only real comparison between the two. And I love Mims. 

He would need to add some weight while maintaining his speed to live up to that comparison.  If he was already as good as Andre Johnson he would be a top 3 pick, but he has some things to work on.  He is physical at the catch point and good after the catch, just not as good as sure fire hall of famer Andre Johnson.  I think they have similar play styles though despite Mims not being quite as good yet.  Like what several other have already pointed out, after watching Mims at the Senior Bowl and in Senior Bowl practices I have zero concerns about Mims route running ability; even though Baylor only asked him to run a few routes...  Kind of like Stefon Diggs choosing to stay at Maryland, I think Mims would be a much higher rated prospect if he had gone to a different school that would’ve let him display his talents better instead of trying to stay in state.  Also that only running one route in college reasoning I hate because that was a similar not on Michael Thomas  coming out oh The Ohio State.  Thomas tape wasn’t nearly as good as the other prospects so there was a ton of question marks about him.

My earlier point though was based on play style and size I like the Andre comp more than the Chad comp.

Denzel Mims 6’3” 207 lbs

Andre Johnson 6’3” 229 lbs

Chad Johnson 6’1” 188 lbs

Edited by Kparty15

Mims is a hard one to compare to. I see flashes of Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, Michael Floyd crossed with the likes of Bernard Berrian and Andre Davis.

When you first watch the tape, he looks like a tall, stiff, one trick pony with some top end speed. Then you see what he does at the Combine, go back to watch the tape, and the athleticism starts showing up behind that frame, which deceptively hides it.

I'm going to settle on Josh Gordon. And yeah, he's a 1st round lock at this point.

Chad and Mims are nothing alike. 

My Chad Johnson comparison has been Jerry Jeudy the entire off season. Jeudy is 75% Chad 25% Amari. Jeudy runs routes just like Chad with that amazing foot quickness and agility. He also bursts off the top of routes better than anyone I’ve seen since AB and Chad. He is Chad Johnson without the ball and Amari Cooper with the ball in my opinion. 

As for Denzel Mims, he doesn’t really have a true comparison. I suppose as a prospect, you can compare him somewhat to Randy Moss as a prospect. Both elite 4.3 speed, very similar builds, both uberly athletic, and oozes explosiveness, and both had a limited route tree. But Mims doesn’t have a “hard” comparison at all. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

As for Denzel Mims, he doesn’t really have a true comparison. I suppose as a prospect, you can compare him somewhat to Randy Moss as a prospect. Both elite 4.3 speed, very similar builds, both uberly athletic, and oozes explosiveness, and both had a limited route tree. But Mims doesn’t have a “hard” comparison at all. 

I compared him to Devante Parker a few pages back. They're similar in H/W/athletic ability.

This guy has surpassed Kollman for me. I use to love Kollman back when he had like 80k subscribers. Now he’s super click baity with some pretty bad takes since he’s reeling in the $$$ with 240k subscribers. 

Might happen to Rollins as well as he gets more popular. Money ruins everyone. However, enjoy while it last!

Great breakdown/video. Jeudy is still my WR1 and a Blue Chip Prospect in this draft. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, goldfishwars said:

Those charts have Ruggs as the wr with the most diverse route tree in the draft. Also Justin Jefferson looks very good on both charts.

Chart 1 I'd go Ruggs, Jeudy, Jefferson, Reagor and Lamb.

Chart 2 I'd go Ruggs, Jefferson, Jeudy, Lamb, Reagor

• Like 1

As suspected, Aiyuk with the most yards on the post route. He is borderline unstoppable on that 10 yard Skinny Post. 

Also, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III are by far the two mostly deadly WRs of the class in the Slant Route and also the Go Route. Seems whatever Jeudy does, Ruggs isn’t too far behind actually.