Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 3/29/2020 at 12:39 AM, BayRaider said:

Like I said, we’re all sleeping on how well rounded Ruggs is... he could easily be the first WR off the board on draft night and it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad decision.

I'm not sure anyone has really been sleeping on Ruggs.  He's been WR3 I think for most people for a while now.  If he had two more inches and 15 more pounds, he'd absolutely be in the mix for WR1.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 4:14 AM, brownie man said:

Could Justin Jefferson become that next Deandre Hopkins?

Underrated late first round receiver that’s just catches 100 passes a year and 1k yards?

I think he might 

absolutely. He's good...just like a ton of other WR's in this class. Draft prospect Hopkins would have been a mid-to-late 2nd WR prospect in this class.

Can someone point me to reasons or evidence that Justin Jefferson can be a successful boundary receiver in the NFL? I think he's got amazing feel for beating zone and intricate route running and footwork, but his success in winning on the outside, especially against press man is limited. 

Is he more a souped up Tyler Boyd, or can he be Chris Godwin?

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 12:00 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Aiyuk getting nearly half of his production on go routes and screens is a little worrisome to me. Seems like the sort of thing that most often doesn't translate into the NFL when you no longer have quite the same speed/athleticism advantage on defenders. 

When looking at players stats I eliminate screen catches (# of catches and yards) to  compare WRs more evenly.

Aiyuk and Bryan Edwards had a large percentage of their stats of screens.

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

When looking at players stats I eliminate screen catches (# of catches and yards) to  compare WRs more evenly.

Aiyuk and Bryan Edwards had a large percentage of their stats of screens.

So...we should penalize players for the offensive system they came out of?

On 30/03/2020 at 9:28 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

You know what I see on that chart? That Lamb has no zero on any of those routes. EVERYONE else has a 0 on something. Sure, others have a better distribution, but he is the only one with absolutely no zeroes.

I think it goes beyond that even.  It's not just that Lamb can run pretty much anything...it's that he can be productive doing pretty much any of those things too.  There isn't really an area of the game as a WR where it feels like Lamb can't find at least some success.  He's dangerous in a lot of different facets.  The move the chains possession game, deep threat, screen game with the ball in his hands, slants and comebacks where he finds extra YAC.

Obviously not the imposing athletic freak that guys like Megatron, Julio, AJ were coming out...and is never going to be that type of piece.  But a high degree of aptitude in so many different elements of the game...that's such a hugely valuable and versatile weapon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Can someone point me to reasons or evidence that Justin Jefferson can be a successful boundary receiver in the NFL? I think he's got amazing feel for beating zone and intricate route running and footwork, but his success in winning on the outside, especially against press man is limited. 

Is he more a souped up Tyler Boyd, or can he be Chris Godwin?

Like a mix betweeen Boyd and Hopkins 

idk man he kinda reminds me of Reggie Wayne too

but yeah I think Boyd is a good example from that slot perspective, but Jefferson is more more fluid and just overall is more much effective catching multiple type of passes. I really like Jefferson if he goes to the right team man hes going to be special. New Orleans or Green Bay man I want to see it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

What's everyone's over/under on ~6 WRs going in the 1st round? I feel like that's where we draw the line in this draft.

the 6 would be...

Juedy

Lamb

Ruggs

Jefferson

Mims

#6 would be..Higgins? Reagor?

I feel the o/u should be set at 4.5 or 5.5

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

the 6 would be...

Juedy

Lamb

Ruggs

Jefferson

Mims

#6 would be..Higgins? Reagor?

I feel the o/u should be set at 4.5 or 5.5

Don't know much about props/bets, but yeah those names are my line of thinking. To re-iterate, I have a feeling at least six go in the 1st round..