Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

Just now, Ozzy said:

True but yeah I think it would be foolish of him to come out early when he could arguably be a much higher pick as a RS JR in 2021.  I have these guys as 3rd or 4th round WRs potentially, right now and all are better than Terry outside of the bottom one or two arguably.  Why be a mid to late rounder when you could be a 1st or 2nd rounder developed.  PS he might have a worse year because Blackmon unless he has improved greatly is not as good as Francois throwing the football, Francois is an idiot for how he acted off the field and did but kid did have a nice throwing arm.  He could have done great at FAU but that did not work now is at Hampton which is odd but he can play right away.

Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR
Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Tyler Johnson Minnesota
Tylan Wallace Ok State JR
Donovan People-Jones Michigan JR
Binjimen Victor Ohio State

Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Kadarius Toney Florida JR
KJ Hill Ohio State

Don't worry, SteelKing728 is just worried about the Vikings lack of a 3rd WR and the fact Treadwell is out, Beebe has been so so this preseason and Zylstra does not have a high ceiling.  Lucky for them they will play a lot of two TE sets ;o)

Don't really agree with that (I think Blackman is a better deep ball thrower and our OC is light years better than what we had last year so Terry could be put in a great position to succeed) but we'll see how he performs this season. Last year Terry was hindered by Francois terrible pocket awareness and the fact that he played with the worst OL in the country. To me he is a Dalvin Cook level offensive talent and more talented than Kelvin Benjamin coming out. A team would be very happy to get him as a mid rounder I'm certain of that.

Of your list, Wallace is easily the best to me however I'm always a bit hesitant with Big 12 receivers.

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Don't really agree with that (I think Blackman is a better deep ball thrower and our OC is light years better than what we had last year so Terry could be put in a great position to succeed) but we'll see how he performs this season. Last year Terry was hindered by Francois terrible pocket awareness and the fact that he played with the worst OL in the country. To me he is a Dalvin Cook level offensive talent and more talented than Kelvin Benjamin coming out. A team would be very happy to get him as a mid rounder I'm certain of that.

Of your list, Wallace is easily the best to me however I'm always a bit hesitant with Big 12 receivers.

Yeah Wallace I need to see him do it again and even at a higher level to consider him legit but even then good luck being better than Jerry Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Higgins they are all 1st rounders to me.  Blackman has talent but was pretty raw when he has played where Francois was smooth from the get go as a natural passer and if he never got injured and had the off the field stuff could have been a great QB at FSU.  Blackman is talented but has a slow release, so so pocket mechanics and again is very raw but maybe he has greatly improved.

Kelvin Benjamin I loved at FSU, the potential he showed then almost had two different 1,000 yard receiving years first two years in the NFL.  Now he is out of the league, Panthers did not want him, Bills did not and KC did not.  Terry is much more smooth than Benjamin and much quicker but not as talented in terms of upside, Benjamin was a freaking house at WR and could run and jump.  6-5 240 WR with a 4.6 40 is pretty solid I think but clearly was a one trick guy go deep and go up and get it and teams caught on.  Dalvin Cook was one of the best players in the history of Florida State football, not sure Terry will be that but will see what he looks like this year.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Jeudy may be the best WR I’ve seen since CJ. He’s better than Beckham. 

Boy I don't think so. Maybe as a prospect...but he doesn't have the giddyup of some of the freaks out there. He's no doubt gonna be very good, but he isn't some ht/wt/spd demon. While that doesn't have a direct impact on success, I just don't think he's in the same category of freaks like Calvin Johnson.

I'm not crapping on Jeudy. He's as refined as it gets and is still a great athlete. He's just not elite in size, speed, or athleticism. He's the most well-rounded WR prospect in some time, but I'm taking AJ Green and many others over him.

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Boy I don't think so. Maybe as a prospect...but he doesn't have the giddyup of some of the freaks out there. He's no doubt gonna be very good, but he isn't some ht/wt/spd demon. While that doesn't have a direct impact on success, I just don't think he's in the same category of freaks like Calvin Johnson.

I'm not crapping on Jeudy. He's as refined as it gets and is still a great athlete. He's just not elite in size, speed, or athleticism. He's the most well-rounded WR prospect in some time, but I'm taking AJ Green and many others over him.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Some won't like him because he doesn't fit the right height/weight/speed metric. Green and Jones are close...but I like Jeudy more. I think he is more refined and his movement skills are honestly the best I have ever seen at the WR position.

• Like 1

Jeudy is so naturally talented and fun to watch that it clouds my evaluation of him. He will be a top 5 WR at the next level.

What are your guys thoughts on Ruggs and Devonta Smith though?

I see ruggs as a high end 2 and devonta smith as a starting WR  in the league. 

On a sidenote, Reagor intrigues me a lot in terms of HWS and YAC, but I haven't studied him enough to know how he runs routes/separates.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1