Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll take Greg Cosell's opinion over Chris Simms 100 times out of 100

Did Greg Cosell have Lamar Jackson as his #1 QB in the 2018 draft like Chris Simms did?

You guys can hate on him all you want but he's got the best track record in the media when it comes to the draft over the last few years.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

And you would both be wrong.

We'll see.  As of the last few years nobody in the media has been better when it comes to projecting players than Chris Simms.  He was the only guy in the media that had Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as the top QBs in the 2018 draft ahead of Sam Darnold.  Thus far his take there looks genius.  Before that in 2017 he had Patrick Mahomes as the top QB in that draft ahead of Trubisky and Watson.  He was very vocal about Mahomes all-time great ability.  At the time he was comparing him to Aaron Rodgers which I thought was insane.  Nowadays it looks to be on point. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:46 PM, VanS said:

About a year ago ya'll got on me when I said Jerry Jeudy was not an elite WR prospect because his physical tools were unexceptional.  Chris Simms the other day essentially cosigned that take.  He doesn't have Jeudy as a top 5 WR in this draft.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, CWood21 said:

And you would both be wrong.

17 hours ago, VanS said:

We'll see.  As of the last few years nobody in the media has been better when it comes to projecting players than Chris Simms.  He was the only guy in the media that had Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as the top QBs in the 2018 draft ahead of Sam Darnold.  Thus far his take there looks genius.  Before that in 2017 he had Patrick Mahomes as the top QB in that draft ahead of Trubisky and Watson.  He was very vocal about Mahomes all-time great ability.  At the time he was comparing him to Aaron Rodgers which I thought was insane.  Nowadays it looks to be on point. 

@VanS Yeah I have the same opinion about Jeudy. I think he’s being overvalued.
But almost everyone else seems to love him. Thanks for posting the video with Simms. It was interesting to see he agreed & has him ranked lower. I knew he had predicted Lamar as the top QB, but didn’t realize he also had Mahomes as the top. That’s pretty impressive.

I liked how he really emphasized Lamb as being the slam dunk #1 receiver in the draft. I whole heartedly agree with this.

@CWood21 Not sure why you feel the need to state your opinion as factual. Nobody’s gonna be right all the time. I’m pretty sure you’ve been wrong before about how a player will turn out. That’s why these boards are interesting, to discuss our opinions with each other. By my username you can see I was excited about the Bears getting Trubisky.. so far I’ve been very wrong about him developing into a solid QB. But I’ve had other opinions that turned out to be accurate. .. It’s supposed to be fun, interesting, & constructive to share these conversations with each other. You could well wind up being correct about Jeudy.... or you could be incorrect. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trubiskytime said:

Not sure why you feel the need to state your opinion as factual. Nobody’s gonna be right all the time. I’m pretty sure you’ve been wrong before about how a player will turn out. That’s why these boards are interesting, to discuss our opinions with each other. By my username you can see I was excited about the Bears getting Trubisky.. so far I’ve been very wrong about him developing into a solid QB. But I’ve had other opinions that turned out to be accurate. .. It’s supposed to be fun, interesting, & constructive to share these conversations with each other. You could well wind up being correct about Jeudy.... or you could be incorrect. 

And I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong.  We're still waiting on him to admit that Josh Dobbs was a nobody.  But either way, that's besides the point.  The bigger issue is that he made a comment with absolutely NOTHING to back it up.

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Im torn, i see his combine numbers and think why couldnt he play WR. But i dont know if he has the quickness & route running ability to separate consistently. 

If the kid can bulk up a tad and block well enough to play TE, why wouldn't you play him there? He's a bigger mismatch at TE. He's just below Vernon Davis's tier on the freakometer.

• Like 1