Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Its super annoying for me, to be honest. I think you have it good because you're a kinlaw fan and you'd be happy to take him there. I'm not a huge Kinlaw fan for us, and if you take the wide receivers away, unless a tackle slips (and it has to be the correct tackle), there's really nothing that interests me at 13 lol. It's almost receiver by default. 

Henderson?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm warning up to that selection, but I don't believe that corner is high on the niner priority list, and I think there's a good chance he's gone. 

Gotcha, gotcha. Yeah not a lot there if you don’t need a WR/DL. 

Here are my final WR rankings:

1. Tee Higgins (Clemson) - Top 10 grade.....NFL comp: AJ Green
  2. Marquez Callaway (Tennessee) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: DeAndre Hopkins
  3. Bryan Edwards (South Carolina) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Allen Robinson
  4. Jauan Jennings (Tennessee) - 1st round grade......NFL comp: Carl Pickens
  5. KJ Hamler (Penn St.) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Desean Jackson/Tyreek Hill
  6. Brandon Aiyuk (Arizona St.) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Chris Godwin
  7. Laviska Shenault (Colorado) - 1st round grade
  8. Justin Jefferson (LSU) - 2nd round grade
  9. Denzel Mims (Baylor) - 2nd round grade.......NFL comp: Torrey Smith
  10. CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma) - 2nd round grade
  11. Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) - 2nd round grade
  12. Jeff Thomas (Miami) - 2nd round grade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VanS said:

3. Bryan Edwards (South Carolina) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Allen Robinson
  5. KJ Hamler (Penn St.) - 1st round grade.....NFL comp: Desean Jackson/Tyreek Hill

You and Tennessee, dude . . . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Mims is a lot more physical than I remember Torrey Smith being.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You and Tennessee, dude . . . 

Just as a point of reference, Preston Williams (who was starting for the Dolphins this past season as a rookie before he blew out his knee) had to transfer from Tennessee in 2016 cause he wasn't getting playing time.  WR is a position Tennessee has been loaded at with talent the last few years.  Poor coaching and god awful QB play since 2016 tends to hide it since its such a dependant position.  

With that said, I'm actually extremely critical of Tennessee players since I watch them so much.  Remember how outspoken I was about Derek Barnett not being a 1st round prospect despite his insane production?  He was the most highly ranked prospect from Tennessee is years and I was his most outspoken critic on here.  

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Just as a point of reference, Preston Williams (who was starting for the Dolphins this past season as a rookie before he blew out his knee) had to transfer from Tennessee in 2016 cause he wasn't getting playing time.  WR is a position Tennessee has been loaded at with talent the last few years.  Poor coaching and god awful QB play since 2016 tends to hide it since its such a dependant position.  

With that said, I'm actually extremely critical of Tennessee players since I watch them so much.  Remember how outspoken I was about Derek Barnett not being a 1st round prospect despite his insane production?  He was the most highly ranked prospect from Tennessee is years and I was his most outspoken critic on here.  

I'm a Vols fan.  What do you think of Trey Smith?  If he had come out this year, where would you rank him?

1 minute ago, VanS said:

If you guys had 2 first round caliber WRs, you might have won more than 8 games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm a Vols fan.  What do you think of Trey Smith?  If he had come out this year, where would you rank him?

He reminds me of Kelechi Osemele.  He'll be really good guard in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you guys had 2 first round caliber WRs, you might have won more than 8 games.

Not if your QB play is awful and the o-line is non-existant.  Football is a team sport with wide receiver play being among the most dependant on others.  Look no further than the Lions being pretty bad for most of Calvin Johnson's career.

For the record, Tennessee had a third receiver (Josh Palmer) who has pretty good NFL potential as well.  So they were actually even more loaded at WR than most thought.