Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

59 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Is this a serious post? 

So unless you parrot the same prospects as the consensus that makes the post not serious?  FTR, I'm dead serious.  I've had that same top 3 for roughly a year including who I believe they compare to. 

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Laviska Shenault is going to be the WR that teams overthink in this draft and end up regretting the hell out of it after his rookie season.

He is this years DK Metcalf/Courtland Sutton.

This guy was rated coming into the year as a top 10 pick in this draft and WR1/WR2. He has gotten so little media coverage since his core injury and now guys like Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs and Justin Jefferson are now rated above him on most boards?

I get the injuries--but those injuries that he is now 100% from should not take him from being WR1/WR2 in this class to WR7. Teams are going to be making a BIG mistake by passing on him. 

I personally would love to see him in Green Bay with Rodgers, Adams and Jones. He reminds me so much of Brandon Marshall.

I think that he is highly dependent on landing spot. He could be one of the very best WR's from this class...or a complete flop. I honestly felt the same way about DK Metcalf, who found probably his most ideal landing spot in Seattle (but Shenault is probably even MORE dependent on landing spot than DK).

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that he is highly dependent on landing spot. He could be one of the very best WR's from this class...or a complete flop. I honestly felt the same way about DK Metcalf, who found probably his most ideal landing spot in Seattle (but Shenault is probably even MORE dependent on landing spot than DK).

I mean you can really say that about a lot of WRs like Ruggs and Aiyuk and you can say the same about Isiah Simmons but he is going to go top 10 still. The thing is Shenault has the upside of a true WR1 whereas a lot of guys that are listed ahead of him on boards are more good complimentary WRs if you already have a  WR1.

If you cant find a way to make a guy with his talent level work because he is super aggressive with the ball, that sounds like a OC problem 

2 hours ago, VanS said:

So unless you parrot the same prospects as the consensus that makes the post not serious?  FTR, I'm dead serious.  I've had that same top 3 for roughly a year including who I believe they compare to. 

No I was genuinely curious if that was serious. It's an abomination. 

46 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean you can really say that about a lot of WRs like Ruggs and Aiyuk and you can say the same about Isiah Simmons but he is going to go top 10 still. The thing is Shenault has the upside of a true WR1 whereas a lot of guys that are listed ahead of him on boards are more good complimentary WRs if you already have a  WR1.

If you cant find a way to make a guy with his talent level work because he is super aggressive with the ball, that sounds like a OC problem 

Not necessarily. He has some concerns with his game. He isn't a great route runner and I'd say that he has average hands. I don't think that i'd be interested in him coming in to be my #1 WR. I think that Ruggs and Aiyuk would have a lower bust rate on the AVERAGE team. I also have some concerns about injury and personality with Shenault. But I do acknowledge that he has unbelievable upside in the right situation if the injuries and personality check out. Ideally he'd land on a team that has an established locker room with a few serviceables already in the building. I think that he would be dynamic for a team like the Saints, Rams, and Chiefs who have creative playcallers who aren't going to pigeon hole him into a particular role and not have to rely on him heavily year 1. 

I wouldn't be surprised if SImmons drops for the same reason. Versatility is great...but it is VERY difficult to be good at everything you do. I do think that Simmons carries some risk.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Laviska Shenault is going to be the WR that teams overthink in this draft and end up regretting the hell out of it after his rookie season.

You have to account for the injuries. I Don't think that it's overthinking it, I think it's about determining what point the risk is worth the reward. There's not question about his talent. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You have to account for the injuries. I Don't think that it's overthinking it, I think it's about determining what point the risk is worth the reward. There's not question about his talent. 

Obviously he's not going 1st rd at this point but with his talent he's worth the risk in the 2nd rd(see Deebo for us) IMO. 

43 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not necessarily. He has some concerns with his game. He isn't a great route runner and I'd say that he has average hands. I don't think that i'd be interested in him coming in to be my #1 WR. I think that Ruggs and Aiyuk would have a lower bust rate on the AVERAGE team. I also have some concerns about injury and personality with Shenault. But I do acknowledge that he has unbelievable upside in the right situation if the injuries and personality check out. Ideally he'd land on a team that has an established locker room with a few serviceables already in the building. I think that he would be dynamic for a team like the Saints, Rams, and Chiefs who have creative playcallers who aren't going to pigeon hole him into a particular role and not have to rely on him heavily year 1. 

I wouldn't be surprised if SImmons drops for the same reason. Versatility is great...but it is VERY difficult to be good at everything you do. I do think that Simmons carries some risk.

His hands are a lot better than average. And he has the traits to be a great route runner. His separation quickness for his size is unreal. Guys that big shouldn't be able to cut and explode like he does.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His hands are a lot better than average. And he has the traits to be a great route runner. His separation quickness for his size is unreal. Guys that big shouldn't be able to cut and explode like he does.

I think that falls more under the athleticism bucket more than skill level. He definitely has work to do. And by average hands...I mean average among THIS draft class. When I compare him among his current peers, his athleticism, RAC ability, and versatility is where he stands apart.

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that falls more under the athleticism bucket more than skill level. He definitely has work to do. And by average hands...I mean average among THIS draft class. When I compare him among his current peers, his athleticism, RAC ability, and versatility is where he stands apart.

The point I'm making is that there's a difference between those who aren't great route runners because they lack the traits and those who aren't great route runners because they lack the polish. He has the traits. If he develops, he can be great at it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The point I'm making is that there's a difference between those who aren't great route runners because they lack the traits and those who aren't great route runners because they lack the polish. He has the traits. If he develops, he can be great at it. 

The problem is that this draft is stacked. While I agree his traits are excellent...it's not like those other guys who are in the 1st-2nd round range are trash. Tons of very good athletes with polish in this draft.

I don't get much of the Shenault hate. 

If the Raiders traded back instead of taking a WR at 12 or 19 and got Shenault + another pick in the second round, I would apologize tonour trade partner. 

The only WRs I'm skeptical about in the 1st/2nd this year are Jefferson and Higgins, but even they would be 2nd rounders at worst any season. Lamb, Jeudy, Shenault, Aiyuk, Reagor, Pittman,  Ruggs....I have a hard time seeing any of them "busting". 

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The problem is that this draft is stacked. While I agree his traits are excellent...it's not like those other guys who are in the 1st-2nd round range are trash. Tons of very good athletes with polish in this draft.

It is stacked. Shenault is a boom/bust prospect. But if I trusted my staff, he'd be very high on my board. 

• Like 1