Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 4/29/2020 at 8:22 PM, DerbyRam said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Van Jefferson. I really liked his cameo in the senior bowl, but didn't really take too much notice of him before the draft. I thought he would be a 4th round pick onwards, which a lot of the projections had him, but the consensus after the draft is that he's a potential sleeper. McVay obviously loves his technicians at WR and it's a position we typically do well in, so I was surprised we took a WR so high. 

For a polished route runner, with a reasonable catch radius, I was surprised that his speed at the Senior Bowl was the fastest recorded. As with anything there seems to be a lot of love for him now, but it'd be interesting to see what those who noticed him before the draft think. 

Do you think he can be a player on the same level as Kupp, Woods in this offence? Does he have a chance at becoming a starter sooner rather than later?

I think he’s Keenan Allen 2.0. 

• Like 1

What happened to Isaiah Hodgins? He was my sleeper and should've been a mid round pick. He almost fell out of the 6th! He has arguably the best hands and body control in the draft class. The 4.6 flat wasn't shocking, and for the type of WR he is,  it's not the worst time. His agility and jump/explosion numbers were really good and much better than most expected. He can run some really advanced routes for a guy this tall. Long arms as well, natural late hands to make incredible catches look like routine. Needs a bit more strength, but he is just 21 years old. He doesn't win with brute power anyway, he is a sophisticated WR, jump ball artist and RZ threat. I just have good vibes about him. Not sure about the Bills landing him, but he might become Josh Allen's best friend when he realizes that Hodgins can save him on those errant throws he makes.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, Fullback said:

What happened to Isaiah Hodgins? He was my sleeper and should've been a mid round pick. He almost fell out of the 6th! He has arguably the best hands and body control in the draft class. The 4.6 flat wasn't shocking, and for the type of WR he is,  it's not the worst time. His agility and jump/explosion numbers were really good and much better than most expected. He can run some really advanced routes for a guy this tall. Long arms as well, natural late hands to make incredible catches look like routine. Needs a bit more strength, but he is just 21 years old. He doesn't win with brute power anyway, he is a sophisticated WR, jump ball artist and RZ threat. I just have good vibes about him. Not sure about the Bills landing him, but he might become Josh Allen's best friend when he realizes that Hodgins can save him on those errant throws he makes.

I'm glad he went to the Bills. Josh Allen needs all you just said about Hodgins and has Diggs as well. Has Gabriel Davis as well, but I like Hodgins a lot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I'm glad he went to the Bills. Josh Allen needs all you just said about Hodgins and has Diggs as well. Has Gabriel Davis as well, but I like Hodgins a lot.

I like Hodgins over Gabriel Davis fwiw.

• Like 1