Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I can't argue with that. I haven't started evaluating yet, but just from watching guys who aren't considered top players in this class, it's apparent to me how great it is. And I've also seen Jeudy, Lamb, etc. They're legit. But looking at guys like Jauan Jennings, Brandon Aiyuk, Bryan Edwards, Tyler Vaughns, Nico Collins, etc., it's clear this has the makings of a special class.

Edwards is one of my “better pro than college player” guys

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Edwards is one of my “better pro than college player” guys

Bryan Edwards is going to be the leading receiver in the history of South Carolina in receptions, yards and TDs I believe by the end of the season.  So hard to be better as a pro than that in terms of straight production with an organization and or program, but yes I agree he could be a great pro.  Has easily had the best season of his career this season, has been amazing in jump ball situations and has shown surprising speed and quickness in the open field even as a punt return man.  So that size speed combo is very interesting and I expect him to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, kid is killing it this year and has made some amazing catches.  His stock has greatly increased a lot I feel based on his fine play.  

The reason this WR class is getting the talk because there are a lot of high end prospects who could be total super stars potentially and are ripping it up currently in college.

Chase Claypool is another WR 2nd to 3rd round who could be a great pro, awesome hand eye coordination and surprisingly athletic ability for a guy his size.  Denzel Mims has made some great catches and in terms of his length and jump ball ability he is really interesting.  

Lynn Bowden Jr is kind of getting overlooked because he has to play QB and is not able to showcase his WR ability.  But kid is tough and is super quick in the open field.  And Gabriel Davis is a legit 2nd round prospect I feel, his pro upside is gigantic and the kid is already a professional in terms of how he gets ready for the games.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Bryan Edwards is going to be the leading receiver in the history of South Carolina in receptions, yards and TDs I believe by the end of the season.  So hard to be better as a pro than that in terms of straight production with an organization and or program, but yes I agree he could be a great pro.  Has easily had the best season of his career this season, has been amazing in jump ball situations and has shown surprising speed and quickness in the open field even as a punt return man.  So that size speed combo is very interesting and I expect him to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, kid is killing it this year and has made some amazing catches.  His stock has greatly increased a lot I feel based on his fine play.  

The reason this WR class is getting the talk because there are a lot of high end prospects who could be total super stars potentially and are ripping it up currently in college.

Chase Claypool is another WR 2nd to 3rd round who could be a great pro, awesome hand eye coordination and surprisingly athletic ability for a guy his size.  Denzel Mims has made some great catches and in terms of his length and jump ball ability he is really interesting.  

Lynn Bowden Jr is kind of getting overlooked because he has to play QB and is not able to showcase his WR ability.  But kid is tough and is super quick in the open field.  And Gabriel Davis is a legit 2nd round prospect I feel, his pro upside is gigantic and the kid is already a professional in terms of how he gets ready for the games.  

Edwards has put a great consistent four year career together. I’m talking on a per season basis I think he produces more. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Catches? Yards? Touchdowns? Easy money DM me, easy money. 

if Shenault played at Bama or Oklahoma, he’d be a top 3 pick with his measurable.

Forget specific statistic amounts, he has to basically be better than all of these guys, every single one of them and could maybe throw Devonta Smith in there but also maybe not.

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Tee Higgins Clemson JR
Henry Ruggs III Alabama JR
Devonta Smith Alabama JR

My guess is that he will run a slower 40 time than all of these guys no question.  Lamb is a more physical player than him and clearly weighs less, Jeudy is a far superior route runner, Higgins is just as big as is faster, Smith has better hands and Ruggs will flat out blaze in the 40 and also runs better routes.

To say Shenault has not disappointed this year is not exactly the case.  Last year came onto the scene, impressed no doubt, but with an experience QB back this year (sure he sucks but still) he has been worse with more attention on him.  His lack of deep feel speed is a concern and his jump ball ability is not as good as one would think not to mention his injury history.  He does not even lead his own team in touchdowns, yards or receptions and he is going be a 1st round pick?

Physical tools I do not see a ton of them, he does not have elite speed or strength.  Sure he can play some wild cat but hell Lynn Bowden has been the freaking starting QB on Kentucky for four games and has rushed for a ton of yards, yeah that is toughness and ability to play the wild cat.  Could argue it would be hard for Shenault to be better than even Bowden honestly, Bowden is quicker, faster and has more burst in the open field. I would also potentially take Bryan Edwards over Shenault and maybe Chase Claypool who has better hands and is physically much bigger.

Maybe Shenault is this burner guy come combine time but on the field come he sure does not look like it at all.  I would not be surprised if he runs a low 4.5 or 4.6 40.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Forget specific statistic amounts, he has to basically be better than all of these guys, every single one of them and could maybe throw Devonta Smith in there but also maybe not.

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Tee Higgins Clemson JR
Henry Ruggs III Alabama JR
Devonta Smith Alabama JR

My guess is that he will run a slower 40 time than all of these guys no question.  Lamb is a more physical player than him and clearly weighs less, Jeudy is a far superior route runner, Higgins is just as big as is faster, Smith has better hands and Ruggs will flat out blaze in the 40 and also runs better routes.

To say Shenault has not disappointed this year is not exactly the case.  Last year came onto the scene, impressed no doubt, but with an experience QB back this year (sure he sucks but still) he has been worse with more attention on him.  His lack of deep feel speed is a concern and his jump ball ability is not as good as one would think not to mention his injury history.  He does not even lead his own team in touchdowns, yards or receptions and he is going be a 1st round pick?

Physical tools I do not see a ton of them, he does not have elite speed or strength.  Sure he can play some wild cat but hell Lynn Bowden has been the freaking starting QB on Kentucky for four games and has rushed for a ton of yards, yeah that is toughness and ability to play the wild cat.  Could argue it would be hard for Shenault to be better than even Bowden honestly, Bowden is quicker, faster and has more burst in the open field. I would also potentially take Bryan Edwards over Shenault and maybe Chase Claypool who has better hands and is physically much bigger.

Maybe Shenault is this burner guy come combine time but on the field come he sure does not look like it at all.  I would not be surprised if he runs a low 4.5 or 4.6 40.  

This is just trash analysis and shows you’ve done no research whatsoever on the player and haven’t even watched him play.

You lost me when you said Lamb is. Stronger player 😂😂🤣 and I didn’t even have to read the rest.

5 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Whose slower, Ceedee Lamb or Denzel Mims?

Mims.  I love Mims and he is really coming on this year, great catch radius but CeeDee averages 22 yards per catch with 44 receptions this year.  That is insane.  Has 13 TDs this year and you can see how important he is to that offense and how poor Hurts is playing without him in tonight.  He is great after the catch and breaking tackles, a lot stronger than most realize and if they kept YAC stats in college he would be up there in terms of receivers.  

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, Ozzy said:

Mims.  I love Mims and he is really coming on this year, great catch radius but CeeDee averages 22 yards per catch with 44 receptions this year.  That is insane.  Has 13 TDs this year and you can see how important he is to that offense and how poor Hurts is playing without him in tonight.  He is great after the catch and breaking tackles, a lot stronger than most realize and if they kept YAC stats in college he would be up there in terms of receivers.  

Without Lamb the big play ability of that offense was gone.  A great comeback, but they had to grind each and every drive.  Incredible grit from Hurts in that game, but it also showed his limitations as a passer and how much he's relied on Lamb.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, Ozzy said:

The reasons I would love to see Lamb play for Kyle Shanahan are right there in bold.... Normally, I'm all for kids finishing school. However, OU is pretty deep at WR with all the Freshman there...CeeDee would be better off declaring.

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The reasons I would love to see Lamb play for Kyle Shanahan are right there in bold.... Normally, I'm all for kids finishing school. However, OU is pretty deep at WR with all the Freshman there...CeeDee would be better off declaring.

CeeDee is as good as gone I feel, but no way the 49ers ever have a shot at him even if they lose all the rest of the games they play, they still will not have a shot unless they do a trade which I doubt happens.  CeeDee gets a lot of YAC because I feel he is surprisingly strong despite being some what thin, but has clear explosive speed as well and can break tackles better than say Jeudy or Ruggs can.  

In terms of flat our being a physical strong WR I would say these three are the strongest in the up coming draft with the power they have and being able to be physical as a receiver and are large as well.  

Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Jauan Jennings Tennessee

49ers already have Jalen Hurd who kind of fits that mold and Samuel is not bad at breaking tackles either if he can stay healthy, he has a lot of power packed into a small frame.