Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, brownplaque said:

Who are the burners in this years draft?

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Starts with Henry Ruggs

Then I'd probably say Jalen Reagor is next after him.

Not that it matters much. I've seen burners repeatedly fall in drafts. Or I guess they could get overdrafted, too. I mean, John Ross was a thing. Not that he's awful - just a disappointment and wasn't worth the top-10 pick at the time, though the hype was there with the 40. DHB was overdrafted for speed. And DGB. 

Still, I can't believe that Emmanuel Hall wasn't drafted this past year. Talk about a burner with explosion... Good production in the SEC... Great athlete and #1 WR physique... Good kid. I guess because of the medical? And then he didn't even get drafted by the XFL. I don't get it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Then I'd probably say Jalen Reagor is next after him.

Not that it matters much. I've seen burners repeatedly fall in drafts. Or I guess they could get overdrafted, too. I mean, John Ross was a thing. Not that he's awful - just a disappointment and wasn't worth the top-10 pick at the time, though the hype was there with the 40. DHB was overdrafted for speed. And DGB. 

Still, I can't believe that Emmanuel Hall wasn't drafted this past year. Talk about a burner with explosion... Good production in the SEC... Great athlete and #1 WR physique... Good kid. I guess because of the medical? And then he didn't even get drafted by the XFL. I don't get it.

More than just medical. Word on him was that he was soft. Got dinged up easily and refused to play through it.

10 hours ago, brownplaque said:

I would say these guys in this order.  Lamb I think has some big time deep field speed and Jeudy does as well.  

Henry Ruggs III Alabama JR
CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR
Tylan Wallace Ok State JR
Denzel Mims Baylor
Quinetz Cephus Wisconsin RS JR
Damonte Coxie Memphis RS JR
James Proche SMU RS
KJ Hill Ohio State
Tyrie Cleveland Florida

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would say these guys in this order.  Lamb I think has some big time deep field speed and Jeudy does as well.  

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Denzel Mims Baylor
James Proche SMU RS
KJ Hill Ohio State
Tyrie Cleveland Florida

I think K.J. Hill is a 4.55 at best sort of guy, and might even run 4.60+.  

Edited by BRANDON26841X

@Ozzy KJ Hill isn't even close to a burner. He's probably the 3rd most explosive WR OSU has (Olave/Wilson, maybe even Victor are above him). He's a nice possession guy with some lateral quickness and initial burst, as well as being very reliable with his hands. He's very smooth, fluid, and natural with very good ball skills. He's not a burner. He's going to be a decent Day 3 draft pick, somewhere probably in the Rounds 4-5 range.

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

CeeDee is as good as gone I feel, but no way the 49ers ever have a shot at him even if they lose all the rest of the games they play, they still will not have a shot unless they do a trade which I doubt happens.  CeeDee gets a lot of YAC because I feel he is surprisingly strong despite being some what thin, but has clear explosive speed as well and can break tackles better than say Jeudy or Ruggs can.  

In terms of flat our being a physical strong WR I would say these three are the strongest in the up coming draft with the power they have and being able to be physical as a receiver and are large as well.  

Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Jauan Jennings Tennessee

49ers already have Jalen Hurd who kind of fits that mold and Samuel is not bad at breaking tackles either if he can stay healthy, he has a lot of power packed into a small frame.  

Yes, I have watched some of Claypool as well and really like him. It's true, my 9ers don't have much chance of drafting Lamb, but a guy can dream...:(

As for Jalen Hurd...I just wish he could get on the field as a 9er. We desperately need someone like that. Deebo is coming along nicely.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Denzel Mims Baylor
James Proche SMU RS
KJ Hill Ohio State
Tyrie Cleveland Florida

Denzel Mims was one of my favorite underclassmen last season and I still love him as a prospect but the notion that he is a Top 6 burner or even a burner at all is so far from reality it makes me question if you have even watched him play or if he is simply a name you saw on a report you read.

2 hours ago, brownplaque said:

Denzel Mims was one of my favorite underclassmen last season and I still love him as a prospect but the notion that he is a Top 6 burner or even a burner at all is so far from reality it makes me question if you have even watched him play or if he is simply a name you saw on a report you read.

Hey brohan, I do my own reports thank you very much and to claim I did not even watch him is an insult big time.  I am quite positive I have watched way more college football than you have not only this year but in the past 20 years.  You have a top 300 prospects for this up coming draft all made by myself?  I do, and have had one since last February.  Denzel Mims as a deep ball threat I would want just as much as any.  Sure he is not a 4.3 guy but I would not be surprised to see him run 4.4, and he is deceptively fast, longstrider and it is easy for him, and in terms of going to get the football he is as good as any.  Fade routes he can win, you cannot win those unless you have the speed to get there and athletic ability to go get the ball.  He has both thus I included him.

Mims is a guy who can run a post, corner or a fly route and win consistently.  Thus I put him in the burner group, sure 4.2+ speed helps but Ruggs is the only one with that and clearly few have that type of speed anyway.  

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@Ozzy KJ Hill isn't even close to a burner. He's probably the 3rd most explosive WR OSU has (Olave/Wilson, maybe even Victor are above him). He's a nice possession guy with some lateral quickness and initial burst, as well as being very reliable with his hands. He's very smooth, fluid, and natural with very good ball skills. He's not a burner. He's going to be a decent Day 3 draft pick, somewhere probably in the Rounds 4-5 range.

He has kick and punt return skills and if given more of an opportunity can make big plays I think after the catch especially.  Sure is not a 4.25 guy but few are that.  He is a late round guy, I think possibly even below the 4-5 range but just like Tyrie Cleveland I think he has more big play potential than he has shown in college.  But sure he is more a make you miss type guy potentially and if one is just looking at straight line speed he might not be that type of guy.  I was looking more at guys who could get some YAC and make big plays down field.

12 hours ago, brownplaque said:

I wouldn't be that quick to dismiss Mims as a burner. His junior year in HS:

UIL State Track & Field                           
                             2015 Championships                              
                Mike A. Myers Stadium -Univ.of TX - Austin,TX                

Event 318  Boys 200 Meter Dash 3A
============================================================================ 
    National: ! 20.13  1985        Roy Martin, Dallas Roosevelt, TX          
       State: + 20.24  1985        Roy Martin, Dallas Roosevelt              
     Conf 3A: * 21.04  1990        Hendrix/Jones, Tatum/Refugio              
    Name                    Year School                  Finals  Points 
============================================================================ 
Finals                                                                       
  1 Mims, Denzel                 Daingerfield             21.30   10    
  2 Dancer, Quentin           11 West                     21.49    8    
  3 Kinney, Paul                 Karnes City              21.73    6    
  4 Bailey, DaCoven           11 Pilot Point              21.85    4    
  5 Robinson, Korrean            East Bernard             22.14    2    
  6 Gooden, Elijah               Boling                   22.29    1    
  7 Ivey, Cody                   Alpine                   22.51           
  8 Williams, Jeremiah           CO City Colorado         22.55          
  9 Nicholas, Todd               Altair Rice              24.41   

He also ran a 10.88 in the 100.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, Ozzy said:

Lamb I think has some big time deep field speed

God I don't see this at all.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:10 PM, brownplaque said:

in no order I'd go...

Juedy

Ruggs

Tylan Wallace

Hamler

Aiyuk

Reggie Roberson

Kalija Lipscomb

On 11/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, Ozzy said:

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Denzel Mims Baylor
James Proche SMU RS
KJ Hill Ohio State
Tyrie Cleveland Florida

Do you think Reagor stays in school? As explosive of an athlete as I've seen.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:26 AM, Ozzy said:

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR
Denzel Mims Baylor
James Proche SMU RS
KJ Hill Ohio State
Tyrie Cleveland Florida

John Hightower from Boise State consistently wins deep as well.

6 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

God I don't see this at all.

in no order I'd go...

Juedy

Ruggs

Tylan Wallace

Hamler

Aiyuk

Reggie Roberson

Kalija Lipscomb

Lamb averages 22 yards per catch this season.  How can anyone get those type of numbers unless they are fast?  He averages 17 yards per catch the previous two seasons as well.  He is a great athlete and can really run I think, he is explosive.

Kalija Lipscomb is one I do not see as having big time down field speed or big playmaking ability.  He has great hands and is surprisingly tough but I would not call him a down field threat to run by guys.  Hamler, Rondale Moore etc I did not include obviously because they cannot come out for the draft this year.  If one included SOPH players Tamorrion Terry could be included, well he could this year as a RS SOPH really, and Rashod Bateman and in terms of pure speed Anthony Schwartz and Jaylen Waddle along with Chris Olave and Tutu Atwell who could be a real threat.

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Do you think Reagor stays in school? As explosive of an athlete as I've seen.

I think he should stay in school, especially in this super deep class but sure he could come out if he wanted to and be a mid to high mid round pick.  Too bad he has not had a great year because of the so so QB play I assume.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

John Hightower from Boise State consistently wins deep as well.

Agree I like him but he will be a late round pick most likely if even drafted.  

• Like 1