Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Lamb averages 22 yards per catch this season.  How can anyone get those type of numbers unless they are fast?  He averages 17 yards per catch the previous two seasons as well.  He is a great athlete and can really run I think, he is explosive.

If one included SOPH players Tamorrion Terry could be included, well he could this year as a RS SOPH really, and Rashod Bateman and in terms of pure speed Anthony Schwartz and Jaylen Waddle along with Chris Olave and Tutu Atwell who could be a real threat.

I think [TCU WR Jalen Reagor] should stay in school, especially in this super deep class but sure he could come out if he wanted to and be a mid to high mid round pick.  Too bad he has not had a great year because of the so so QB play I assume.

1. I totally agree on CeeDee Lamb. He may not run a 4.3 forty-yard dash, but the dude consistently wins deep and is just so good at the top of his route. Really I think he's like a rich-man's Cooper Kupp with what he's showing at the moment. You don't think burner when someone brings up Kupp, yet he's leading the NFL in chunk plays through the air (receptions of 20+ yards) this season. I think Lamb is such a complete receiver that he's unlikely to average 16+ yards per reception in the NFL, but he can take the top off the defense and I expect his 3-cone to be top-5 at the position just like with Kupp. Lamb is so physical and strong for his size, as well. I don't have concerns about him at all. I know he's in the Big-12, but he's as complete of a receiver as I've seen and he can definitely win deep.

2. Anthony Schwartz is such a tantalizing prospect to me. He was huge for Auburn last season, but people may not notice it because he didn't really get significant snap counts until halfway through the season, and even then he was sharing time with guys like Darius Slayton, Auburn's all-time receptions leader in Ryan Davis, stud WR Seth Williams, and a few other guys that Malzahn mixes in like Eli Stove, Sal Canella, and this year with Will Hastings. Schwartz adds juice to Auburn's offense every time he touches the ball. He's shown tremendous toughness for them this year, making some ridiculous catches while wearing a JPP-style club for a lot of the season. He arguably had their most reliable set of hand(s?) in the early portion of this year even with the cast/brace/thing. And he's BLAZING fast. I know that at one point he had the 100-meter dash RECORD, though I think it was broken by that one high schooler Dylan something or other earlier this year. Schwartz and Seth Williams are both in my top-5 Sophomore WRs.

3. Fair enough with Reagor. He sort of reminds me of my boy (apparently the softy) Emmanuel Hall as far as how I think he'll test athletically. Likely to run in the 4.3s and be the among the best in the position group as far as the vertical and/or broad jump go. He's a natural route runner, though his tree is limited at TCU with that playbook. Ball skills are comparable to Stefon Diggs where it's not that his hands are unreliable, but he'll make a lot of body catches and is inconsistent with his extension. I see him as a Day 2 guy if he comes out this year, and he's the type of player who helps himself in the Pre-Draft with testing numbers. He could potentially improve if he goes back to school, or he could have another ~600 yard year in that offense and hurt himself further as a prospect by staying in school.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lamb averages 22 yards per catch this season.  How can anyone get those type of numbers unless they are fast?  He averages 17 yards per catch the previous two seasons as well.  He is a great athlete and can really run I think, he is explosive.

Kalija Lipscomb is one I do not see as having big time down field speed or big playmaking ability.  He has great hands and is surprisingly tough but I would not call him a down field threat to run by guys.  Hamler, Rondale Moore etc I did not include obviously because they cannot come out for the draft this year.  If one included SOPH players Tamorrion Terry could be included, well he could this year as a RS SOPH really, and Rashod Bateman and in terms of pure speed Anthony Schwartz and Jaylen Waddle along with Chris Olave and Tutu Atwell who could be a real threat.

Marcell Ateman avg nearly 20 per his senior season running a 4.6. 17 for his career. Lamb's a bigger receiver with good cod but I'm not convinced he's a burner. I see him as a Courtland Sutton, Mike Williams, Javon Mims kind of guy.

Isn't Hamler a RS Soph?

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Marcell Ateman avg nearly 20 per his senior season running a 4.6. 17 for his career. Lamb's a bigger receiver with good cod but I'm not convinced he's a burner. I see him as a Courtland Sutton, Mike Williams, Javon Mims kind of guy.

Isn't Hamler a RS Soph?

Oh wow I did not know Hamler was a RS SOPH I guess, my bad.  I will have to make some changes, but honestly with the other talent in the WR class I am not sure he is even a 1st round pick if he comes out and really he should not just based on that.  

Courtland Sutton was a much larger player than Lamb is, he out weighs him by what almost 30 pounds and has bigger hands and is 2" or more taller and has longer arms.  In no way do I view CeeDee Lamb as a Courtland Sutton type player just physically they are not alike.  Lamb is far more athletic than freaking Marcell Ateman, way more explosive start and stop and way better make you miss ability in open space.  

Also KJ Hill is a lot faster than some on here give him credit for I feel, just because they ask him to do the short routes because he is better in space and a better route runner does not mean he cannot go deep if asked to do so.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I love speed, and Ruggs is legit, but give me the guy who wins with more than just speed as the #1 trait. 

I feel like Ruggs is a good route runner though and has physicality as well. I've also seen him make contested catches. It's just that functional speed, especially at his level, is such a valued commodity in the NFL. I don't have a good comparison for him.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel like Ruggs is a good route runner though and has physicality as well. I've also seen him make contested catches. It's just that functional speed, especially at his level, is such a valued commodity in the NFL. I don't have a good comparison for him.

Ruggs is a great receiver prospect in his own right but I think Lamb is more refined and a better all around football player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Lamb's my 11th WR in this class.

That is crazy and I have no clue how you see him as the 11th best receiver in the class.  The kid is totally legit, strong, quick, good hands and has a good wiggle to him in the open field after the catch.

CeeDee-Lamb2.gif

tenor.gif

^ helps show a little of the toughness he has as well

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

That is crazy and I have no clue how you see him as the 11th best receiver in the class.  The kid is totally legit, strong, quick, good hands and has a good wiggle to him in the open field after the catch.

CeeDee-Lamb2.gif

tenor.gif

^ helps show a little of the toughness he has as well

Some people just want to be different so badly 

• Like 1