Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Really? I don’t see that. Hopkins is so damn physical. Plus he’s thicc. Lamb is not that kind of player IMO.  

Some small intricacies of his game. Why I said something. And just reminds me of. They aren’t the same player and I am not outright comparing the two. 

• Like 7

Jeudy is a human elastic band. His height and frame are what they are but it won’t stop him from excelling. He’s a special talent.

I also do get the Ceedee Lamb to DeAndre Hopkins comparisons mentioned above, even though their physicality is very different. It’s a weird one in that I can’t properly describe what it is, but there are nuances to their game that look similar to me. Another awesome player.

Laviska Shenault... I’m getting vibes of a hybrid of Cordarelle Patterson and Sammy Watkins. Take that as you wish.

Tee Higgins. High point, physical dude. If he can really run, he could be a monster at the next level. But he could also be more akin to a Courtland Sutton. I’m not totally sure yet but I like him.

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

Jeudy is a human elastic band. His height and frame are what they are but it won’t stop him from excelling. He’s a special talent.

I also do get the Ceedee Lamb to DeAndre Hopkins comparisons mentioned above, even though their physicality is very different. It’s a weird one in that I can’t properly describe what it is, but there are nuances to their game that look similar to me. Another awesome player.

Laviska Shenault... I’m getting vibes of a hybrid of Cordarelle Patterson and Sammy Watkins. Take that as you wish.

Tee Higgins. High point, physical dude. If he can really run, he could be a monster at the next level. But he could also be more akin to a Courtland Sutton. I’m not totally sure yet but I like him.

The biggest thing I've seen that makes this connection for me is how good both are at breaking down in and out of cuts.  I see the comparison there.  That said, Lamb isn't the technician that DHop is with his routes, and obviously doesn't have the same size.  That DHop moves that like at his size is part of why he's so damn good.  Lamb has good hands, but Hopkins is on another level than most everyone on the planet in that regard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Any thought on Michael Pittman from USC? He is producing a ton and seems head and shoulders above his competition thus far, curious if that's just his competition or if he has real NFL prospects.

Seems like he could be a sleeper option in the mid rounds. Reminds me of Keenan Allen in some ways.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Never heard of Devonta Smith from Alabama.

I thought Jeudy and Riggs were clearly ahead of him?

You should have, he caught the winning TD for Bama against Georgia in the SEC title game as a freshman.  Ruggs went out that game to an injury against Ole Miss this week and Smith took advantage.  Does not have the speed Ruggs has or the feet Jeudy has but is clearly super talented as well when given a chance.  Great game by him and clearly was the best of his career, might not be an early entry guy as a JR but could if he wanted to, most likely he returns as a senior when Jeudy and Ruggs leave early and does more of this as a SR but will see.  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Really? He's much bigger and not as much of a quick twitch athlete as Allen. I think Brandon Marshall may be a more apt comparison.

Much more Marshall than Allen. He’s not a super fast twitch athlete but he’s sure handed, physical as hell and runs pretty good routes. Can disappear at times but like a homeless mans Mike Evans. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a Raider fan wanting a WR I'm hoping for as many of these underclassmen to enter as possible...

Jerry Jeudy, Alabama,  Laviska Shenault, Colorado, Tee Higgins, Clemson, CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma, Henry Ruggs, Alabama, DeVonta Smith, Alabama, Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State, Justin Jefferson, LSU, Sage Surratt, Wake Forest, 

I didn't even mention a Senior and if these underclassmen declare,  I wouldn't be happy if I stayed for my last year in school. Some serious talent to be had in the top 100 picks...I'd like one in the 1st and a Senior WR with one of our 3rds. Double dip 1st and 3rd and maybe you get lucky and both hit.

47 minutes ago, sherm said:

James Proche from SMU. Really love his gm. Reminds of Randall Cobb. Though he compares himself to Jarvis Landry. Either works IMO. 

Denzel Mims from Baylor. 

Agreed on Mims, that kid can ball and had this insane catch versus Texas Tech last week, probably will be one of the best catches of the year!  Sadly he did drop a game winning TD pass later in the drive but at least they did win the game in OT.  He will be drafted mid to late round is my guess, interesting talent with obvious athletic skill and length.