Official 2020 Non-Rush LB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Just now, Counselor said:

His instincts and play in coverage are very intriguing. He also has the athletic traits to match.

You might be right. I saw a guy who was decent to good in a lot of things, but didn't really do anything exceptionally well (also isn't good at fighting off blocks). Struck me as like an A.J. Klein. He'll play for awhile, but I don't see him as being anymore than a guy.

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You might be right. I saw a guy who was decent to good in a lot of things, but didn't really do anything exceptionally well (also isn't good at fighting off blocks). Struck me as like an A.J. Klein. He'll play for awhile, but I don't see him as being anymore than a guy.

I can see that take. But I think he is going to be good

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah I didn’t think he was very good against the run. Just kinda meh.

• Like 1

Watching Davion Taylor is like watching a poor mans Simmons. He doesn't really play LB and he doesn't really play S. He's definitely fast, but he's just kinda there. He doesn't pop on tape like Willie Gay Jr. does. A nice project, but definitely a project.

Edited by Jeezla

On 3/22/2020 at 12:59 PM, Counselor said:

His instincts and play in coverage are very intriguing. He also has the athletic traits to match.

Make some room for me on this train. Wilson is a stud. He'll be a top 3 'backer from this class.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:30 PM, Jeezla said:

Watching Davion Taylor is like watching a poor mans Simmons. He doesn't really play LB and he doesn't really play S. He's definitely fast, but he's just kinda there. He doesn't pop on tape like Willie Gay Jr. does. A nice project, but definitely a project.

I like him better than Gay Jr. as a project. Think he's a phenomenal athlete who is still learning the game, but he doesn't lack for physicality or scheme integrity. He needs experience. Right now, he's too rigid with his responsibility and a step slow to read and react. That's not surprising considering his lack of football experience.