Official 2020 Non-Rush LB Thread

CalhounLambeau

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Chazz Surratt moves around like a WR. He's really intriguing as a QB to LB convert. His run D is so unpolished, but he has the right mentality. I hope he declares. 

He's so raw. Very intriguing player, though. You're right about his movement skills, and he has serious potential in coverage. But his instincts as a run defender seem so far off. Then again, I did watch the SC game. Maybe he improved immensely by the end of the year.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:51 PM, CWood21 said:

Simmons is on another planet athletically.  Not that Kenneth Murray is a bad athlete by any means, but I'm not sure we've seen an athlete quite like Simmons in quite some time.  He's an athletic freak.  And I'm not overly fond of Kenneth Murray in regards to run support.  He's not bad by any means, but he's not someone I really want mixing it up there with the big guys.

Murray’s tackle technique is awful 

he goes high way to consistently. Reminds me of Darron Lee.

25 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

There’s isn’t a bigger need/better fit at a position of weakness than Isaiah Simmons/Cards.  Barring a national championship MVP is there any way he doesn’t fall to 8?

He'll most likely be there, but he's going to run really fast for a 230ish lb guy, and the Giants could also use an LB or a S. Could also see the Raiders trade up for him if Mayock falls in love with him, and Mayock loves combine studs.

Dylan Moses still might declare for draft in the next 16 days, but probably returning. I think his dad is a lawyer and wants Bama to insure him for several million in case of potential injury next season, and if they don't then he will declare for draft. That's roughly what I gathered from my google search, but I'm indica'd and can't be trusted with research right now.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Dylan Moses still might declare for draft in the next 16 days, but probably returning. I think his dad is a lawyer and wants Bama to insure him for several million in case of potential injury next season, and if they don't then he will declare for draft. That's roughly what I gathered from my google search, but I'm indica'd and can't be trusted with research right now.

He declared, rescinded, then just declared again.

I'd be surprised if he enters at this point.

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Way bigger, way more physical, way more explosive. I actually see a lot of Jaylon Smith in him, his technique can easily be cleaned up.

Yeah but that depends on a coaching staff that will teach him to tackle properly 

tackling high might work in college, but in the NFL guys will blow right through that 

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but that depends on a coaching staff that will teach him to tackle properly 

tackling high might work in college, but in the NFL guys will blow right through that 

I would guess an NFL coaching staff would coach him to not tackle high...lol

20 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Obviously, these scouts, teams will see that and have a plan for him moving forward. They will film and drill that out him, I personally think he was an elite recruit for OU and I think they let him freelance a lot for them and developed bad habits. That can easily be cleaned up

On 1/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Obviously, these scouts, teams will see that and have a plan for him moving forward. They will film and drill that out him, I personally think he was an elite recruit for OU and I think they let him freelance a lot for them and developed bad habits. That can easily be cleaned up

He was by far the best player on that otherise poor D.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, DirtyDez said:

There’s isn’t a bigger need/better fit at a position of weakness than Isaiah Simmons/Cards.  Barring a national championship MVP is there any way he doesn’t fall to 8?

Nah, the best need to weakness fits are OT to the Cards and Giants. Don't blow this or you're gonna get your franchise player killed.