Official 2020 Non-Rush LB Thread

CalhounLambeau

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Queen is legit

He's what you expect. Super athletic and talented in coverage. Has issues in the running game if you put a body on him. What concerned me was his tendency to quit on plays and overrun plays to try and avoid blockers.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know nothing about Queen but it looks like he is above Murray in draft analysts eyes. Would be he a good fit for the Raiders? is 19 too high?

Daniel Jeremiah has him in the first round and he's usually very plugged into what the NFL is looking at. I think he would appeal to the Raiders based on what Mayock valued last year in players who had championship resumes. 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Daniel Jeremiah has him in the first round and he's usually very plugged into what the NFL is looking at. I think he would appeal to the Raiders based on what Mayock valued last year in players who had championship resumes. 

I think he is also appealing because we have no viable starters in our LB group. We need 3 new guys imo. 

On 12/22/2019 at 9:39 PM, Fureys49ers said:

Hmm, I’ll have to take a deeper look. I’m just getting into the LBs so there’s still some more HW to do. Saw that it was an option play on that forced fumble but in the NFL getting caught flat footed and indecisive is death for a LB. You didn’t notice the half second late of reaction after the ball was snapped throughout his film though regardless of run, pass or his reads?

KJ Britt, Logan Wilson, and Jordyn Brooks are some guys I’ve watched some of and have come away impressed.

I was wondering what some thoughts were on Brooks

52 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I was wondering what some thoughts were on Brooks

Watched a couple of his games. Showed well at times when his quickness to diagnosis plays matched with his twichiness allowed him to attack and knife into the backfield. Is a high motor guy who’s all gas no brake. And it works at times. Other times he’s over pursuing or jumping through the wrong hole so he’s a bit hit or miss. Definitely an aggressive player and has good size. I question his athleticism a bit in open space and his feel for dropping back or covering a man. For a LB with good size who plays aggressively I never got the sense that he’s all that physical however. Most of his tackles are of the drag down variety and his feet often stop upon contact, granted, there’s a lot of these drag down tackles cause the guy is always moving to the ball. Meeting ball carriers there doesn’t appear to be a ton of power or violence. Which I wouldn’t mind as long as the ball carrier ends up on the ground, but the lack of physicality is present when in pursuit or flowing to the ball as well. Seems to prefer to dodge, spin, run around, or jump out of OL and lead blockers way as opposed to fill a hole, engage and shed. Not to say he can’t because I did see it a few times, more often than not though I saw him try to ole the blocker and by doing so creating a lane for the ball carrier or taking himself out of play or position to make a play. Lastly, while his blitzes are aggressive and full speed as he does almost everything on the field there doesn’t seem to be to much of a game plan or counter after running full speed into the blocker. Probably a guy you wouldn’t mind on special teams and providing depth but I’m not sure I see a future quality starter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/19/2020 at 3:42 PM, jrry32 said:

He's what you expect. Super athletic and talented in coverage. Has issues in the running game if you put a body on him. What concerned me was his tendency to quit on plays and overrun plays to try and avoid blockers.

Would you take him over Woodward?

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1