Official 2020 Non-Rush LB Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looking at Murray clips and the first thing I notice is how high he tackles. 

Yeah, but he doesn't really have missed tackle problems. The only concern there is whether or not he can stay healthy tackling high. I don't think he's truck bait.

Joey Bachie is going to be a high end starter in the NFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah, but he doesn't really have missed tackle problems. The only concern there is whether or not he can stay healthy tackling high. I don't think he's truck bait.

Joey Bachie is going to be a high end starter in the NFL.

Really like Bachie, questions just fit when it comes to coverage a bit but I’d say it’s something a smart DC and LB coach could help him with. Instincts, physicality and athleticism are there though. I get the same vibes watching him as I did with Cashman last year and Borland a while back. Undervalued big 10 ILBs who find themselves around the ball often.

Edited by Fureys49ers

27 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Really like Bachie, questions just fit when it comes to coverage a bit but I’d say it’s something a smart DC and LB coach could help him with. Instincts, physicality and athleticism are there though. I get the same vibes watching him as I did with Cashman last year and Borland a while back. Undervalued big 10 ILBs who find themselves around the ball often.

He’s quite good in coverage. I have it as one of his strengths. Weaknesses would be stacking and shedding blockers. He’s got physical strength, but is a little light for taking on guards. And he’s not uberfast enough to slip them without creating a crater-sized hole in the middle. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

He’s quite good in coverage. I have it as one of his strengths. Weaknesses would be stacking and shedding blockers. He’s got physical strength, but is a little light for taking on guards. And he’s not uberfast enough to slip them without creating a crater-sized hole in the middle. 

I think in college amongst big 10 teams he was above average in coverage, I question whether he can hang with a RB or TE in man or have the range to take away throwing lanes in a moments notice. For me he feels like one of those guys where the sum of all his parts will make him a viable starter, might not excel anywhere but isn’t going to fall flat anywhere either. 

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looking at Murray clips and the first thing I notice is how high he tackles. 

Yeah in the NFL that ain’t going to work. It’s my biggest problem with the guy, he doesn’t get low. NFL RBs And TEa are gonna go right through him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 4:53 PM, lark25 said:

I don’t know if Patrick Queen would be a 1st rounders on my board.

id prefer guys like Malik Harrison or Logan Wilson in the early 3rd 

Given the way the NFL is going, Queen has the more valuable skillset.  The question is it worth taking Queen in the first round and then a lesser prospect at a more valuable position.  Or take a more valuable position and a lesser LB later on?

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Given the way the NFL is going, Queen has the more valuable skillset.  The question is it worth taking Queen in the first round and then a lesser prospect at a more valuable position.  Or take a more valuable position and a lesser LB later on?

I don't know if Queen has a more valuable skill set though. He's small and doesn't take on blockers well. He's pretty good in coverage, but is he any better than a nickel safety or corner? Probably not. I think Queen is more of a Darron Lee kind of prospect rather than a Deion Jones.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

After watching Willie Gay, I'll take him in round 3 over Murray or Queen in late round 1. 

Logan Wilson is just as good as Malik Harrison, but will probably go in round 4 or 5.

Logan Wilson should be a top 50 pick. Yep I said it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Anybody else think Jordyn Brooks reminds them of Deion Jones?

Nope. Brooks looks lost and uncomfortable in coverage too much for my liking. Brooks reminds me of David Long Jr out of West Virginia from last years class. Brooks is bigger but their play style is similar. 

• Like 1