Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

2020 could have a surprising group lead by the underclassmen.

Some of the best seniors: Anfernee Jennings, Alabama, Khalid Kareem, Notre Dame, Kenny Willekes, Michigan State, DJ Wonnum, South Carolina, Julian Okwara, Notre Dame, Josh Uche, Michigan, Christian Rector, USC, Bradlee Anae, Utah, Daelin Hayes, Notre Dame, Joe Gaziano. 

Some of the best juniors: Chase Young, Ohio State, AJ Epenesa, Iowa,  Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State,  Big Kat Bryant, Auburn,  Terrell Lewis, Alabama,  Jonathan Garvin, Miami,  Chauncey Golston, Iowa,  Curtis Weaver, Boise State,  Justin Foster, Clemson,  Ben Stille, Nebraska. 

Some of the best sophomores:  K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU, Tyler Johnson, Arizona State,  Michael Clemons, Texas A&M,  Jaelen Phillips, Miami

---------------------------------

Some of the best senior DL:  Derrick Brown, Auburn,  Raekwon Davis, Alabama,  Rashard Lawrence, LSU,  Lorenzo Neal, Purdue,  Marlon Davidson, Auburn,  Raequan Williams, Michigan State,  Benito Jones , Ole Miss,  Robert Landers, Ohio State,  Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma,  McTelvin Agim, Arkansas,  Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina,  Darrion Daniels, Nebraska,  Khalil Davis, Nebraska. 

Some of the best junior DL:  Nick Coe, Auburn,  LaBryan Ray, Alabama,  Nyles Pinckney, Clemson,  Kyree Campbell, Florida,  Marvin Wilson, Florida State,  Levi Onwuzurike, Washington,  Khyiris Tonga, BYU,  Mustafa Johnson, Colorado,  Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M.

Some of the best sophomore DL:  Phidarian Mathis, Alabama,  Jordan Williams, Clemson,  Tyler Shelvin, LSU,  George Ellis III. TCU,  Darnell Ewell, Notre Dame,  Marlon Tuipulotu, USC,  Lamonte McDougle, Washington State,  Jay Tufele, USC. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

Want to watch all the available cuts, get up-to-date measurements, DOB's for the 2020 DL/EDGE's, find it here. 

Edited by CalhounLambeau
  • Like 2

Early on, I'm a big fan of Weaver, Willekes, Okwara, Coe, and Coleman at EDGE. On the interior, I'm watching Leki Fotu with some interest as a mid-late rounder with NT potential. Can't wait for the season to get rolling! 

Edited by reamer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Derrick Brown might end up being my #1 overall prospect. I love him.

I'm in love with Auburn's DL prospects as a whole. Expect Coe and Big Kat Bryant to produce a lot more this year with Marlon Davidson and Dontavius Russell gone. Marlon Davidson was a nice guy and ace on special teams, but was counterproductive at DE in that he took the younger, better pass rushers off the field. Actually had an interesting conversation with Charlie Campbell about the 2020 Draft Auburn DL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Activated10 said:

How good is Chase Young, compared to recent top pash rusher as prospects. 

Garrett, Bosa Bros, Clowney, Mack, Solomon Thomas 

- I would say with a huge year he can be up there with the best, my reasoning is that he has a combination of elite athleticism and good technique and positional knowledge

- Also it is incredibly weird seeing one of my kids becoming a legit prospect (Chauncey Golston)

On 6/5/2019 at 12:21 PM, HoboRocket said:

I'm in love with Auburn's DL prospects as a whole. Expect Coe and Big Kat Bryant to produce a lot more this year with Marlon Davidson and Dontavius Russell gone. Marlon Davidson was a nice guy and ace on special teams, but was counterproductive at DE in that he took the younger, better pass rushers off the field. Actually had an interesting conversation with Charlie Campbell about the 2020 Draft Auburn DL.

Marlon Davidson didn't leave Auburn. He's back. 

On 6/3/2019 at 2:41 PM, Danger said:

Big Ten is super deep in pass rushers for this next class.

Chase Young, AJ Espensa, Yetur Gross-Matos, and Raequan Williams could very all be first rounders. 

I meant Willekes WHOOPS.