Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

17 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He’s not a 2020 guy but thoughts on Miami’s edge rusher Greg Rousseau?

Has a chance to be special in my mind. Looks very raw at the position but the natural talent in undeniable matched with his motor is going to lead to a lot of production if he can continue to perfect his craft at DE. At 6’6” 250 he’s already got the build. Could be a great one when he declares if continues to learn how to play DE, you can tell at times he’s thinking too much but he’s new to the position and still only a freshman so there’s time.

Edited by Fureys49ers

On 11/1/2019 at 9:11 PM, Ozzy said:

I think Landers has some potential with his quickness but is more a late rounder, and maybe Hamilton but I have to watch him more, Cooper is pushing it, same with Cornell.  If guys like Tyquan Lewis, Jayln Holmes, Adolphus Washington, Michael Hill, Michael Bennett or Noah Spence (even though he did not finish out his career at Ohio State) cannot succeed in the NFL, and all are arguably better players over their entire Ohio State career than any of these guys listed honestly, what chance do they have then?  

Tyreke Smith is not a senior but to me he might have the most upside of any Ohio State DL not named Chase Young, but even he has a long ways to go in terms of development.

Penn State's Jayson Oweh and Ohio State's Tyreke Smith will be interesting to see over the next 2 seasons. Basically it came down to one going to PSU and the other was going to OSU, but which would blink first? Both are pretty physical freak athletes. 

Brought this up before and even said take it with a grain of salt but there were reports of Oweh running a 4.33 in camp. Even if you think that's timed a bit fast, lets say he runs between a 4.45-4.50 that's still hella impressive. 

Oweh as a backup this season and getting limited action does have 4 sacks and has been making so many plays. Assuming Yetur Gross-Matos goes to the NFL Oweh will most likely take over for him next season.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Penn State's Jayson Oweh and Ohio State's Tyreke Smith will be interesting to see over the next 2 seasons. Basically it came down to one going to PSU and the other was going to OSU, but which would blink first? Both are pretty physical freak athletes. 

Brought this up before and even said take it with a grain of salt but there were reports of Oweh running a 4.33 in camp. Even if you think that's timed a bit fast, lets say he runs between a 4.45-4.50 that's still hella impressive. 

Oweh as a backup this season and getting limited action does have 4 sacks and has been making so many plays. Assuming Yetur Gross-Matos goes to the NFL Oweh will most likely take over for him next season.

Yeah I need to watch Oweh some more, I missed that Michigan State vs Penn State game this year, looks like he did quite well in that game.  The 4.33 talk I do not believe honestly, Sweat ran a 4.41 at 6-5 260 and that was the fastest for any DL since 2003, when they really started keeping specific track of things.  4.33 is insane for a defensive end 6-5 255 or so.

If Bosa can go #2 overall missing games due to injury, Chase Young can go #2 missing games due to draconian NCAA rules.

Honestly...maybe the best thing the NCAA could do for his NFL career is ban him for the season.  No Jaylon Smith chance.  

Sucks for tOSU, but oh well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If Bosa can go #2 overall missing games due to injury, Chase Young can go #2 missing games due to draconian NCAA rules.

Honestly...maybe the best thing the NCAA could do for his NFL career is ban him for the season.  No Jaylon Smith chance.  

Sucks for tOSU, but oh well.

True, this will not effect his draft stock at all, still should go #1 or will go #2 overall.  But sucks because he was a Heisman contender big time, would have been super fun to watch him go after that and possibly win it as a defensive player.  That would have been something, this issue probably stops all of that.

15 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Raekwon Davis is so damn disappointing. No way in hell I’m touching him in the first two rounds.

Yeah he did disappoint, the kid is massive but he does not use his hands and cannot get off blocks.  Was such a beast as a SOPH but that was a DL with more talent around him and he was free to make plays and was more open.  Got his first sack of the year in this game, well 1/2 sack so at least did a little bit.  Could slip to round 2 though but I still feel he could be a better pro than college player similar to Chris Jones, probably will never be as good as Chris Jones is now but still Jones did not impress a ton in college, flashed a little but too with that massive size but brought it to another level in the NFL, Davis might be better in a 4/3 system compared to a 3/4 DE no question.

Davon Hamilton got to watch him more a little this weekend, had a great game for sure and dude is physically put together.  I can see why all the talk about him, kid is impressive and great to see him do well without Chase Young out there.  Honestly I thought it was a little of that, teams were locked in so much on Young it made others look better than they really are.  So Hamilton playing this well without him was a good sign, see if he can keep that up same with Tyreke Smith who played great also.

• Like 1