Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 2019-06-13 at 9:03 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not currently but I think they have the same amount of elite guys as last year at this point IMO, its up to guys like Terrell Lewis, Yetur Gross-Matos Joshua Kaindoh, Curtis Weaver, Kenny Willikes, to inflate the class

where do you expect Lewis to get drafted? 

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Ya but at 270 he should be an end and ge doesn't bend well. 

He bends well enough when you consider his strengths. You have to respect his cornering ability. But he truly shines in his varied pass rush plans, his arsenal of moves, his hand usage, and his get-off. Kid can play.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, HoboRocket said:

With Tua's injury, I think now we may actually have the opportunity to see the best prospect in the draft get drafted #1 overall again! The only time this has happened in the past five years was in 2017 (Myles Garrett). I suppose there's a good chance Burrow or Herbert sneaks into the top spot, considering that the Bengals are the ones projected to be drafting right there, but Young's chances at going first definitely improved.

Man, it really sucks that Chase Young was suspended for a couple games. This is a player that could threaten 25 sacks in a single college football season. He's insane. I thought his production would be down with teams knowing what they were getting after last season, similar to prospects like Jadeveon Clowney or Myles Garrett, but he's scheme proof so far! He just can't be stopped. 

Gross-Matos is a really, really good player, but I doubt he's the type of player that will contend for the league lead in sacks in the NFL. He might have a few seasons of reaching double-digit sacks, but he seems to me like a Jadeveon Clowney-type player for the NFL. A very good defender that can move around the formation and is a good pro pass-rusher, but is probably going to make most of his impact as an elite run defender.

Yah, the most valuable usually goes before the best. 

• Like 1

James Lynch should be no worse than a 3rd rounder as a 3/4 DE or 4-3 DT. Would love to see him play 3T.

Kinda bummed Darius Stills is returning to WV for his senior year. Was really liking him as a mid round DT prospect.

Edited by Jeezla

On 11/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, Counselor said:

Take a look at James Lynch for Baylor. 14.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks this season. He might be coveted by 3-4 teams as a 3-4 end and might need to add a little mass at 3T but I think he could be a good one in the league.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

James Lynch should be no worse than a 3rd rounder as a 3/4 DE or 4-3 DT. Would love to see him play 3T.

Welcome

Earlier this year I came across Jordan Elliot and thought he was going to be my prized sleeper pick.  I watched some Game tape on him, then the hype grew, I watched more tape.  I think he’s got talent don’t get me wrong but he’s very slow off the ball and stands straight up, almost no explosion in doing so.  I’ve seen the highlights where he has the explosion, tearing through the line but it’s not anything close to consistent in the 4+ games I’ve watched.