Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

Sam Hubbard;

35 Verticle, 4.32 40 yard.

His wingspan was pitifal for his height, but his 3-cone was amazing.

Mockdraftable has these as closest comparisons (just for combine); Joey Bosa and Jack Crawford

Bjoern Werner was below 50% quartile in EVERYTHING apart from bench and 20 yard shuttle. (31 verticle, 4.83 forty) - comps; Frostee Rucker, David Bowens, Robert Geathers.

I'd be surprised if Willekes doesn't do better than that

Edited by Hunter2_1

Mustafa Johnson JR DT Colorado should be a potential star.  Amazing 3/4 DE possibly or 4/3 DT.  Great effort, great motor, good bust, gets off blocks consistently with his hand usage and gets a crazy amount of pressure on the QB.  Awesome player and potential sleeper 1st round prospect or 2nd rounder as a JR underclassmen if he keeps up this level of play.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Sam Hubbard;

35 Verticle, 4.32 40 yard.

His wingspan was pitifal for his height, but his 3-cone was amazing.

Mockdraftable has these as closest comparisons (just for combine); Joey Bosa and Jack Crawford

Bjoern Werner was below 50% quartile in EVERYTHING apart from bench and 20 yard shuttle. (31 verticle, 4.83 forty) - comps; Frostee Rucker, David Bowens, Robert Geathers.

I'd be surprised if Willekes doesn't do better than that

That 4.32 is probably what led to his 10 tackles and 2 sacks on Sunday :D

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:48 AM, lark25 said:

Haha - looked it up turns out Hubbard ran a 4.8 at the pro day. Pretty avg for a 270lb DE, I’m going to stand by the comp for now

The 40 isn't a very accurate depiction of how athletic a guy is, it just says how fast a guy can run in a straight line. Hubbard had a 6.84 3 cone which was the best of all DL in that class, I just don't see that same type of short area quickness or explosiveness, at the end of the day I think they are going to grade out two different class of athletes. Not to mention, Hubbard might be the best end of the class next to Chubb. I don't dislike Willikes, but I think his lack of athleticism will fail him at the next level, not to mention, I wouldn't be surprised if he has the "tweener" label because of his lack of size as a base end, but lack of athleticism to be a 3-4 OLB

Edited by MSURacerDT55