Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 23/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I see him as a riser due to his physical attributes and how he may test at the combine mixed with his recent play. As a matter of fact, there are some sites already have him as the second best DT prospect in this class to date. Marvin Wilson, I'm a big fan of, he is a monster inside and played with pretty good effort even though they got blew out by Clemson, he's powerful, has a great punch and leg drive. I'm not saying he is going to be a first rounder but he does have a Akiem Hicks feel to him. 

As far as Derrick Brown, I see what the hype is about with him, he has a great get off and has a great motor, but he stays on blocks way too long for my taste, and isn't the most technically sound in the world. But he is very explosive and things like that can be coached up.

As far as the Georgia front, I've always been partial to Tyler Clark

And as far as a riser, if Jaylen Twyman keeps playing the way he does, he might enter this year as a RSoph, he's a stud and probably be the best interior pass rusher in this class

I agree for Twyman

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

*takes a bow * that's my guy 

He should be a pretty good 2-down defensive lineman. He has benefited from staying around for a fourth and fifth year, because he wasn’t really in a rotation until last season. Really a plug run stopper, most underrated guy for that OSU D.

22 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I think it'd be foolish for MIA to pass on Young.

After seeing how the Bosas are doing in the NFL especially, I’m not sure how any team can pass on Chase Young even if there is a good quarterback out there and they need a quarterback. Young might end up being the best of them is the scary part. If you love a quarterback out there as your franchise guy, no fault in that, but Chase Young is an exception that could very easily go ahead of a franchise quarterback. This guy does not even take a play off, relentless game changer on every single play.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

He should be a pretty good 2-down defensive lineman. He has benefited from staying around for a fourth and fifth year, because he wasn’t really in a rotation until last season. Really a plug run stopper, most underrated guy for that OSU D.

I think he might be the best, not just good. He had like an 85 PFF rating last year and he's playing better this year. After the dust settles, he could very well may be

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

After seeing how the Bosas are doing in the NFL especially, I’m not sure how any team can pass on Chase Young even if there is a good quarterback out there and they need a quarterback. Young might end up being the best of them is the scary part. If you love a quarterback out there as your franchise guy, no fault in that, but Chase Young is an exception that could very easily go ahead of a franchise quarterback. This guy does not even take a play off, relentless game changer on every single play.

Considering Miami has 3 1st round picks so far plus other capital, this is probably the ideal draft for them in being able to select Chase Young #1 overall and drafting a QB with one of the other picks as this draft could potentially have Tua/Hurts/Herbert/Fromm/Love/Burrow to pick from as their QB.